Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbuck

❗️Barça are willing to enter into a legal battle to prevent PSG from giving Dembélé the €25m he would get from his sale. Barça want the full €50m figure.

— @AdriaAlbets
Damn, this saga just got tastier. I expected this cos in Barca's current state, every penny counts. Dembele & Sissoko want to use this €25m to make up for the free agent signing bonus they couldn't get last year, while getting a €20m per year contract from PSG. I just pray that those two don't get a dime out of the €50m that PSG is buying him for

Messigician

Damn, this saga just got tastier. I expected this cos in Barca's current state, every penny counts. Dembele & Sissoko want to use this €25m to make up for the free agent signing bonus they couldn't get last year, while getting a €20m per year contract from PSG. I just pray that those two don't get a dime out of the €50m that PSG is buying him for
Same

Porque

If Ousmane Dembélé had decided to leave FC Barcelona a month ago, the club would've had sufficient FFP space to sign Leo Messi on a free transfer.

@KingLeo10

OptaBirdy would have gone feral if this happened blaming Messi for Dembele's departure

And here it goes.

I do think that this brings up a good point though (and the poster above who mentioned missing out on Guler is on the money too).

This clause we signed off on was lazily implemented. The club should have stipulated that for the 50m release to become active for the month of July, that Dembele has to make a written request before July 1st to activate it.

It is so basic, PSG have something similar with Mbappe extension. And it would have pre-empted the club that something was brewing, and movements could be anticipated.

But now we seemingly got stuck with our pants down on a clause that we agreed to, that even in itself kind of makes sense, if Dembele didn't take a signing on fee when we signed him last year.

I reckon we should take the L, move forward and vow to never do a deal like this ever again. The same way Rosell got rid of Ibra after a year, said it was the worst deal of his life, and vowed never to do another like it.

FCMessi

If Ousmane Dembélé had decided to leave FC Barcelona a month ago, the club would've had sufficient FFP space to sign Leo Messi on a free transfer.

@KingLeo10

OptaBirdy would have gone feral if this happened blaming Messi for Dembele's departure

HUGE IF

Messi said in the interview himself that the salary was factor.

Even with sufficient FFP space, Barca would not have offered anywhere close to 50m x 4 years.

Missing Chukwueze and Guler could be pinned on OD

Missing Messi Not on OD

Messigician

HUGE IF

Messi said in the interview himself that the salary was factor.

Even with sufficient FFP space, Barca would not have offered anywhere close to 50m x 4 years.

Missing Chukwueze and Guler could be pinned on OD

Missing Messi Not on OD
He would have played for lower wages for a year or two

Not like MLS and Saudis interest will end in Messi if he's a year or two older

Cool

You guys need to realize Messi’s time in europe is done, his legs are gone, he’s a genius when the ball is under his feet but off the ball he will hinder the team structure.

I love Leo hes the GOAT no doubt about that, hes still the magician when hes on the ball but you gotta ask yourself can he do the things that he did 3-4 years ago?

Yeah in NT hes playing great but that team is built to cover his flaws and maximize his gains but NT football is different than club football, fact of the matter is sadly he cant compete in Europe anymore and its best for all parties that he didnt come back.

Messigician

If Barça hadn't responded today, there was a clause in Dembélé's contract that would have allowed him to leave for free.

— @Santi_J_FM

Jorge Messi & Sissoko

🤝 screwing barca

Messigician

If u are American I never want to hear you complain about a hospital fee again

• Dembélé cost FC Barcelona €213M: €135M in transfer fee for Dembélé + €75M in total salary.
• Now he will leave for €25/30M.

He played 185 matches for the club, meaning Barça paid him €1M for each match he played. @tjuanmarti

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Seen this tactic many times before. Dembele is almost certainly entitled to the 25m legally, but the club has invented some technicality so that Dembele will essentially have to take legal action to get his money.

The reason they do is, is mainly hoping that the complainant thinks about the time and costs it would take to get his money and comes back offering to settle for a lower fee.

It's a dirty tactic for sure, but one must fight fire with fire at times. :hunt:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans