Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laplacian

Has a grand total of 40 goals in 6 years for us...and 8 goals in 6 years in Europe

Lmao.
Can you please not talk about goals? You'll inspire the next essay by you know who describing how Dembele's job as a forward isn't to score goals, because he's a super special type of winger unlike all other wingers in Europe tasked with goal scoring.

delancey

i agree with the above. Dembele is very good at finding the “free man” on the pitch. This was especially useful due to us lacking attacking tactics beyond cross and inshallah. With that said, his stats are terrible for a player of his calibre. Terrible.

18 goals at Barca in LL in total? I’m to lazy to check. 🤣 Terrible.

I disagree that our negotiators did a poor job considering the circumstances. Dembele wanted to leave on a free transfer and we got him to extend for an additional year, at a time of financial ruin and an attacking line consisting of Braithwaite, Abde, and Jutgla, et al.

Of course, this is also relative, for losing a player for whom we paid a fortune for a measly 25m euro looks really bad. But getting Dembele to extend for an additional year when we needed his profile was good, considering the alternative.

We did what we could considering the circumstances. 25m plus a one year renewal > leaving on a free.

I think we always knew we were going to lose him this summer, hence why we signed Raphinha. That’s the replacement on the right.

Redbuck

Still think if Cancelo was to arrive then could see some kind of 361 formation with the four midfielders and Balde/Cancelo wide at times.

Would need one of the AMs to be up in and around Lewa a lot if that was the case. Almost like the creative No.10 role De Bruyne plays at City behind Haaland.

That role could suit Raphinha more than wide on right isolated if he got minutes there.
Yeah, it's basically a 3-4-2-1 with Raphinha as one of the AM's with Gavi as his competitor while Pedri & Gundogan will compete on the other side. Torres will basically be Lewy's sub and it's a good thing he's performing well there in pre-season as he'll play there very often next season. All this leaves Abde and Ansu as the odd men out when we don't play 4-3-3, but Balde lacks a proper competitor in that LWB position so I think Xavi should try Abde as a LWB to see if it'll work out for him. There's no place for Ansu here as he plays well at LW but plays badly at CF.

JamDav1982

The error on renewing him was in Dec 21/Jan 22 not last summer.

Last summer and him not wanting to sign long term was a consequence of that.

BJJ

Still think if Cancelo was to arrive then could see some kind of 361 formation with the four midfielders and Balde/Cancelo wide at times.

Would need one of the AMs to be up in and around Lewa a lot if that was the case. Almost like the creative No.10 role De Bruyne plays at City behind Haaland.

That role could suit Raphinha more than wide on right isolated if he got minutes there.
352 makes sense.
Balde and Cancelo as wing backs. Frenkie DM, and Pedri, Gundogan as AMs.

JamDav1982

Yeah, it's basically a 3-4-2-1 with Raphinha as one of the AM's with Gavi as his competitor while Pedri & Gundogan will compete on the other side. Torres will basically be Lewy's sub and it's a good thing he's performing well there in pre-season as he'll play there very often next season. All this leaves Abde and Ansu as the odd men out when we don't play 4-3-3, but Balde lacks a proper competitor in that LWB position so I think Xavi should try Abde as a LWB to see if it'll work out for him. There's no place for Ansu here as he plays well at LW but plays badly at CF.

If it was Balde wide on left in a six man midfield that probably suits Alonso as a back up more than any other position.

He cant defend but at Chelsea was always ok when played wide in a 343.. that is assuming his legs are there.

Abde would be awful in that role in my opinion.

BJJ

I always find it funny when the club and the fans act shocked when players leave for more money.
Get over it. The footballing landscape has changed. Don't be surprised if in the future, players want to go to Saudi.
If I'm Abde and Saudi offers me 20 million a year,I'm packing my bags.
Money matters more than trophies today.
FACTS.

iniestaGOAT

185 matches, 40 goals and 43 assists. Far too overpriced, 40-50m was his real value.

If Antony and Sancho are worth 80-100m
Dembele is worth 200m.

PSG is getting a steal, if he can stay out of the hospital.
And we got something instead of losing him for free

I would have preferred sending him to rot in the stands and kicking him out of the club for free end of season.

Jadentheman

Problem is not him leaving, problem is not having options on the market.

Honestly it's the fact the club is only getting 27M out of it. That's an insult IMO. Demeble should be at least 45M with add on. Man City ships out academy nobodies for 27M 😭

iniestaGOAT

Dembele joining PSG is the same situation as when Vegeta betrayed us and joined the dark side becoming majin Vegeta.

This will not end well.

Daisymorr

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia...... Nah thats probably just dreaming.
I know he is a left sided winger but would like to see some of the money going towards a player of this calibre.
On Cancelo - although clearly a good player brings baggage & possibly lacks motivation if City and Bayern dont want him. He doesn't excite me as for me he is just a good squad player

feggydinho

Dembele joining PSG is the same situation as when Vegeta betrayed us and joined the dark side becoming majin Vegeta.

This will not end well.
I don't think Dembele leaving is much of a betrayal as the media paints it, cause he still trained with the team today even after the media said he asked Barca to activate his clause.

If it was full betrayal, then he wouldn't want to do anything with the team again. Looks more like an agreement thing between him and the Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans