Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbuck

Innovator of injuries. Creator of opportunities for B team players. Fulfiller of dreams.

We move.

When thought about, this is actually really true. The likes of Demir and Fati might not have played with the first team if Dembele didn't get injured (though Messi and Suarez were also injured during that period).

MTL_Barca

More than Neymar I think 🤔

Close for number of appearances but not so much for total playing time, Neymar 116 games (9757 min) vs Dembele 118 (6824 min)

More than double the goals (87) and assists (57) in that time for Neymar though.

Seeing this is actually insane, at Dortmund he managed to play the full season (50 games, 3477 min) but then after his first injury it all crashed down and he doesn't even average 2000 minutes per season for us...

Last edited:

delancey

It makes sense to renew his contract in order to get some money for him should the club decide to sell next summer.

malvolio

It makes sense to renew his contract in order to get some money for him should the club decide to sell next summer.

don't think we sell a year after renewing. only maybe if we have an agreement with dembele so as to not fuck us over completely and leaves on a free. something like mbappe promised PSG that he will not leave on a free.

delancey

don't think we sell a year after renewing. only maybe if we have an agreement with dembele so as to not fuck us over completely and leaves on a free. something like mbappe promised PSG that he will not leave on a free.

his level and consistency (or lack thereof) fit the ambitions of Arsenal, Tottenham or Everton. Personally I think that?s the end game: renew him on a reduced salary with the plan of selling him on within a year or two. Perhaps taking a calculated risk of inserting a lower release clause into his contract could entice a club or two to make a move for him later on. Say 70m?

mc_lovin

his level and consistency (or lack thereof) fit the ambitions of Arsenal, Tottenham or Everton. Personally I think that?s the end game: renew him on a reduced salary with the plan of selling him on within a year or two. Perhaps taking a calculated risk of inserting a lower release clause into his contract could entice a club or two to make a move for him later on. Say 70m?

That's optimistic :lol:

If he could stay fit (spoiler alarm: he can't) I wouldn't mind him on lower wages. He still adds a few things we lack (and truth be told never played his natural position for us).

Laplacian

This isn't 2018, none of those clubs are going to pay 70m for Dembele. Keep up mate...

delancey

That's optimistic :lol:

If he could stay fit (spoiler alarm: he can't) I wouldn't mind him on lower wages. He still adds a few things we lack (and truth be told never played his natural position for us).
I agree that many new players have had a hard time adapting to the pressures of playing here, but his position should be held by a someone who consistently performs. His job is to stay fit and healthy, work hard and score goals/assists... every week. And at his price tag, he doesn?t have the luxury of blaming anything or anyone when underperforming. I see this as a make or break season for both him and Coutinho.

Nice username btw 😂

Andresito

Staff member
Renew + reduced salary seems a bit too good to be true.

But maybe he fears sitting in the stands this season if he doesn't renew, hence decreasing his chances of being included in France's WC 2022 squad.
At the same time he, unlike Ilaix, might see an opportunity to grab a long term starting spot at Barca, provided he's fit. He doesn't really have much competition as he's the only pure RW in the squad.

delancey

This isn't 2018, none of those clubs are going to pay 70m for Dembele. Keep up mate...
Transfermarkt values him at 50m. Not saying you?re wrong, but EPL pays a shitload of money for players with significantly less talent than Dembele. Of course, one more long-term injury/lackluster season and he?ll be a difficult player to sell on for a higher amount.

Messi983

IF he renews on lower wages, IF he stays fit and IF he'll want to leave/Barca will want to sell next year then I don't think getting around 40-50m is unrealistic.

A lot of big IFs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans