Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL_Barca

I mean even with him being a huge disappointment so far i wouldn't mind trying for heavily reduced wages. But that would require any hope of him staying healthy for an extended period of time and honestly i just don't see that happening.

Birdy

Renewal on reduced wages, and
then delivering WC performances on the pitch for the next 4 years.
He stayed healthy for almost a whole calendar year under the physical training that Koeman and his staff imposed.
No need to be pessimistic here. He can likewise stay healthy I am sure

behindbrowneyes

I mean even with him being a huge disappointment so far i wouldn't mind trying for heavily reduced wages. But that would require any hope of him staying healthy for an extended period of time and honestly i just don't see that happening.

Koeman's fitness staff managed to keep him fit by lots of individual training. The national team and him fucked it up though.

I doubt his wages will be heavily reduced. More like 70%-80% of what he is on now.

Neither Griezmann nor Dembele are a perfect fit for the right wing, but the best we can have atm. I doubt one of them turns into an absolute beast now that Leo is gone, but there is not really a way to get a better replacement in current financial situation. I'd even prefer Dembele as he at least can run past a defender. The burden of regular scoring will be on Memphis and Ansu's shoulders anyway.

Dembele will make his goals and assists, score a banger every now and then, but he'll never be more than the Inaki Williams of Barcelona. I know Inaki is a CF now. By saying the Inaki Williams of Barcelona I mean I don't see Dembele outscoring Inaki by a big margin, if even.

Devils

E9th7x4XIAERemy

Laplacian

Transfermarkt values him at 50m. Not saying you?re wrong, but EPL pays a shitload of money for players with significantly less talent than Dembele. Of course, one more long-term injury/lackluster season and he?ll be a difficult player to sell on for a higher amount.

Only winger they've paid for more money than what you're suggesting is Pepe and Sancho and they're significantly more talented than Dembele, and I doubt they'll be doing that again anytime soon.

Laplacian

Pepe more talented than Dembele? Lol yea rite

2017 Dembele>>>Pepe

2020 Pepe>> 2020 Dembele.

Sorry but you're still living in 2017. Besides my benchmark for being more talented than Dembele isn't high, all you need is to not have the ball bounce off your feet, the ability to control ball in tight spaces, and have decent finishing. Pepe has that, Dembele doesn't. At least 2020 Dembele doesn't.

Blackstarr

2017 Dembele>>>Pepe

2020 Pepe>> 2020 Dembele.

Sorry but you're still living in 2017. Besides my benchmark for being more talented than Dembele isn't high, all you need is to not have the ball bounce off your feet, the ability to control ball in tight spaces, and have decent finishing. Pepe has that, Dembele doesn't. At least 2020 Dembele doesn't.

Dembele's time at Barca has definitely been a huge disappointment it's not that he lacks talent the guy is just made out of glass.

He played a total of 5869 minutes of football in 4 years. Wtf. Did he even have a pre season with us yet? I dont think so.
He still managed to put up decent numbers i mean 48 goal contributions is not that bad.

The only thing that worries me about Dembele is his fitness..he plays 4 games sits out 20 comes back and plays another 5 before he's ruled out again.

You can tell he's scared on the pitch and lacks confidence but i can't really blame him for that. The guy has been injured non stop ever since he turned 20.

People are quick to shit on Dembele when our whole team has been trash for over 5 years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Dembele cant play as part of a system for others.

Will always be type of player that will fuck up a touch one minute and beat 2/3 men the next.

Would definitely be useful for Barca right now though and cause teams to second guess the high line and pressuring midfield/back line so much.

To get best out of him need to get ball to him early and with space to run at men. Fucking about with ball and too many passes to give him it when faced with a deep defence and midfield is more or less useless. He doesnt have the brains or consistency to make correct decision in that scenario.

Blackstarr

Dembele cant play as part of a system for others.

Will always be type of player that will fuck up a touch one minute and beat 2/3 men the next.

Would definitely be useful for Barca right now though and cause teams to second guess the high line and pressuring midfield/back line so much.

To get best out of him need to get ball to him early and with space to run at men. Fucking about with ball and too many passes to give him it when faced with a deep defence and midfield is more or less useless. He doesnt have the brains or consistency to make correct decision in that scenario.
Agreed.

But Dembele has never been that type of footballer even at his best. i dont know why people expected anything different. He's not a system player.

Dembele is an instict footballer who can create something out of nowhere. We're super predictable and slow with possession and i like the fact that he offers us something totally different.

Laplacian

Dembele's time at Barca has definitely been a huge disappointment it's not that he lacks talent the guy is just made out of glass.

He played a total of 5869 minutes of football in 4 years. Wtf. Did he even have a pre season with us yet? I dont think so.
He still managed to put up decent numbers i mean 48 goal contributions is not that bad.

The only thing that worries me about Dembele is his fitness..he plays 4 games sits out 20 comes back and plays another 5 before he's ruled out again.

You can tell he's scared on the pitch and lacks confidence but i can't really blame him for that. The guy has been injured non stop ever since he turned 20.

People are quick to shit on Dembele when our whole team has been trash for over 5 years.

There's being nervous, and then there's not being able to pass the ball consistently. Not being able to place in through balls when you're a creator. Not being able to control the ball. There's always being the odd man out in build up play because your football IQ is low. There's not being able to beat your man utilizing technique at all throughout an entire season. There's not being able to finish.

You cannot prescribe all of this to 'nervousness' lol. Sure the quality has been declining, but we still have technical players handling the ball the way elite footballers are expected to. From Pedri to even flops like Coutinho, even when they're shit they're still capable of handling the ball with technique. Dembele doesn't do that, because he can't. Stop prescribing special circumstances to justify the numerous amounts of faults he possesses.

Some of you can't seem to get over the fact that a top prospect at 20 years old can be completely useless later in his career. It happened to Bojan, it happened to Jack Wilshere, and many others. It's been 5 seasons since we've signed him. He has not only stagnated but regressed in almost all areas but pace.

I'm not going to go through the ridiculous amount of reasons to excuse as to why Dembele can't function as a normal winger/forward, from weird shit like Messi restricting his position to nervousness. He has regressed. End of.

I wish we could move on from him as a club but apparently this is now our level. What I won't do however is allow people to claim he's more talented than players consistently displaying more than him for several years now on the basis of what Dembele did back when he was at Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans