Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He is getting and extension as it will reduce his salary and his amortisation costs for spending limits next season.

It is better than letting him leave for free when still a market for him and would still get plenty games in the squad.

Almost no option but to try and renew him any alternative is worse.

gregorrin10

I hope these reports of him getting a new contract until 2025 aren't true. Just get rid of him and Roberto.

With our financial situation being what it is, I don't think we can afford to lose them for free, even if they are totally shit. We'll probably extend them both and then try and sell them in 2023 or 2024 in Dembele's case. We can always use Roberto in a swap deal for some City player, if Pep is crazy enough to still want him next summer. Although I wouldn't be against letting his contract run out, cause he doesn't have sporting value anyway and honestly i'm sick of him in this team, needs to go along with the old guard asap.

But I don't agree on Dembele, as for him, even though his value has gone down significantly since joining us, is one of the few not teenage players in our team that does have sporting value (first he's considerably younger than the likes of Coutinho and Griezmann and more clubs would be ready to take a chance on him even in like 2 years, when he'll be 25 and still before his prime footballing years) and could fetch us a nice sum of money, if/when we decide to get rid of him. There's also the fact that Roberto being La Masia, we got him for free, so losing him for free ain't such a big deal. Dembele on the other hand cost us over a 100M, and I can't see us letting him go for free, even if we're absolutely decided on selling him, we'll still want to get at least 30M or something like that for him, to soften the financial look on his time here. Not to mention that no matter the injuries, when he's on the field playing, he's actually a possible game winner all by himself, now with Messi gone we're gonna be looking towards having someone like that even more, and in that case I could even see us keeping him. Hopefully Depay (and Fati) turn out to be one of those players too.

Zidane82

With our financial situation being what it is, I don't think we can afford to lose them for free, even if they are totally shit. We'll probably extend them both and then try and sell them in 2023 or 2024 in Dembele's case. We can always use Roberto in a swap deal for some City player, if Pep is crazy enough to still want him next summer. Although I wouldn't be against letting his contract run out, cause he doesn't have sporting value anyway and honestly i'm sick of him in this team, needs to go along with the old guard asap.

But I don't agree on Dembele, as for him, even though his value has gone down significantly since joining us, is one of the few not teenage players in our team that does have sporting value (first he's considerably younger than the likes of Coutinho and Griezmann and more clubs would be ready to take a chance on him even in like 2 years, when he'll be 25 and still before his prime footballing years) and could fetch us a nice sum of money, if/when we decide to get rid of him. There's also the fact that Roberto being La Masia, we got him for free, so losing him for free ain't such a big deal. Dembele on the other hand cost us over a 100M, and I can't see us letting him go for free, even if we're absolutely decided on selling him, we'll still want to get at least 30M or something like that for him, to soften the financial look on his time here. Not to mention that no matter the injuries, when he's on the field playing, he's actually a possible game winner all by himself, now with Messi gone we're gonna be looking towards having someone like that even more, and in that case I could even see us keeping him. Hopefully Depay (and Fati) turn out to be one of those players too.

In Dembele and Fati we have arguably two of the most talented youngsters in world football .. sadly they both have had horrendous injuries whilst young and that rarely ends well

SmilerBam

Koeman's fitness staff managed to keep him fit by lots of individual training. The national team and him fucked it up though.

I doubt his wages will be heavily reduced. More like 70%-80% of what he is on now.

Neither Griezmann nor Dembele are a perfect fit for the right wing, but the best we can have atm. I doubt one of them turns into an absolute beast now that Leo is gone, but there is not really a way to get a better replacement in current financial situation. I'd even prefer Dembele as he at least can run past a defender. The burden of regular scoring will be on Memphis and Ansu's shoulders anyway.

Dembele will make his goals and assists, score a banger every now and then, but he'll never be more than the Inaki Williams of Barcelona. I know Inaki is a CF now. By saying the Inaki Williams of Barcelona I mean I don't see Dembele outscoring Inaki by a big margin, if even.

Inaki Williams it's a better player than this laughing stok.

gregorrin10

Ah yes Dembele, the 24 year old youth prospect.

Still better than a finished 29-year old Coutinho and 30-year old Griezmann.;) Dembele will still be only 27 when his new contract runs out. And if isn't injured for more than one season in these next four years, he will still have value and a number of clubs out there willing to take a chance on him for 30-40M, if we decide to sell him. Still better than letting him go for free and watching him possibly explode elsewhere. And even if he doesn't ever come good, there's no use in letting him go for free, cause even with limited playing time he can still be an asset to us, especially now, when Messi is gone and our attack will actually be fluent and looking to pass the ball to the best positioned player. If we adopt a more counter attacking approach sometimes (i'm guessing Koeman will go that way against stronger teams), he'll fit in even more.

SmilerBam

Still better than a finished 29-year old Coutinho and 30-year old Griezmann.;) Dembele will still be only 27 when his new contract runs out. And if isn't injured for more than one season in these next four years, he will still have value and a number of clubs out there willing to take a chance on him for 30-40M, if we decide to sell him. Still better than letting him go for free and watching him possibly explode elsewhere. And even if he doesn't ever come good, there's no use in letting him go for free, cause even with limited playing time he can still be an asset to us, especially now, when Messi is gone and our attack will actually be fluent and looking to pass the ball to the best positioned player. If we adopt a more counter attacking approach sometimes (i'm guessing Koeman will go that way against stronger teams), he'll fit in even more.
Wow. That is a whole load of shite you just spunked there.

HanDW

This "without Messi he can perform better" shit might be the most nonsense thing i've seen in this forum, we're already seeing how good Griezzzmann is doing free "from the Messidependencia" btw.

Dembele couldn't perform while having the best chance creator in the world next to him for 4 years, mind you the only thing he needed to do to take advantage of Messi was running straight into space (and it took him 4 seasons to figure that), but somehow you expect him to do it now :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans