Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowy

Despite the rightful obsession with muscle mass from multiple users, IMO wingers are the ones that need it the least. Of course you won't be able to fight off players in physical challenges but that doesn't matter if your playstyle hinges on dribbling and speed.

It's so much easier to decelerate and redirect your balance and direction with less muscle mass. Hardest job for a physio department at a club is finding the optimal level, increasing just enough to improve your strength whilst preserving your agility.

Even at Dortmund, he was plenty fast enough. I dunno if the physio's at Qatar wanted him to bulk up to correct some muscle imbalance between front and back?

His reoccurring hamstring injuries is a worry _ 65 games missed and 395 days (if back as expected by Oct 20th). Should go on a 40 days mystical pilgrimage fast to autophag all that scar tissue :Sadhguru:

Birdy

Season 20/21:

E8bTkikXIA8yHdL

Dembouz with the 3rd most threatening passes after Messi and Alba..

Useless as BF knows better... LOL

Laplacian

Wow...so good! Out of the 3 forwards who regularly play, Dembele's the second best! Ahead of defensive midfielders, centrebacks, and fullbacks in producing threatening passes! Generational talent. Give me a highlights video of his passes please, not your shit stats. It should be easy if he's such a creative force.

This is what creativity from a top winger looks like, btw. Not the mishit spammed crosses, or the lame telegraphed passes to overlapping fullbacks.

https://youtu.be/n1FREHcNehk?t=150

More through balls here in than in Dembele's entire fucking career.

Actually here's a challenge:

See the pass and move compilation? Neymar passes, immediately moves into space for a 1-2, receives the ball again and produces a final or penultimate ball. Technique, composure, intelligence, and movement. Neymar produces moments like this on a regular basis, it's his bread and butter. Now this isn't even "but Neymar's the best winger in the world" kinda thing. I've seen the Willians, Sanchos, Martials, Sons, Hazards, and so on all do it; players all varying in talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBOBqYstAuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvhTd91umsw

Dembeles been playing for 6 years already, I bet you won't find one instance of him doing it not even 3 times in 6 years.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Wow...so good! Out of the 3 forwards who regularly play, Dembele's the second best! Ahead of defensive midfielders, centrebacks, and fullbacks in producing threatening passes! Generational talent. Give me a highlights video of his passes please, not your shit stats. It should be easy if he's such a creative force.

This is what creativity from a top winger looks like, btw. Not the mishit spammed crosses, or the lame telegraphed passes to overlapping fullbacks.

https://youtu.be/n1FREHcNehk?t=150

More through balls here in than in Dembele's entire fucking career.

Actually here's a challenge:

See the pass and move compilation? Neymar passes, immediately moves into space for a 1-2, receives the ball again and produces a final or penultimate ball. Technique, composure, intelligence, and movement. Neymar produces moments like this on a regular basis, it's his bread and butter. Now this isn't even "but Neymar's the best winger in the world" kinda thing. I've seen the Willians, Sanchos, Martials, Sons, Hazards, and so on all do it; players all varying in talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBOBqYstAuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvhTd91umsw

Dembeles been playing for 6 years already, I bet you won't find one instance of him doing it not even 3 times in 6 years.

Man, Martial is a bum. Stop twerking for him. You would be livid with him if you watched Utd games.

Laplacian

Man, Martial is a bum. Stop twerking for him. You would be livid with him if you watched Utd games.

You completely misunderstood the point of me mentioning him. I even prefaced it with this: "this isn't even about Neymar being one of the best wingers in the world, here's a list of players I've seen do it, all of varying degrees in talent and ability." You can literally go to Martial's thread and directly quote my comment that specifically calls him out as a shit player. Do you think I like Willian as well? Lmao. The point was, if even shit performers can pass and move like normal wingers, why can't Dembele?

Kul_z

You completely misunderstood the point of me mentioning him. I even prefaced it with this: "this isn't even about Neymar being one of the best wingers in the world, here's a list of players I've seen do it, all of varying degrees in talent and ability." You can literally go to Martial's thread and directly quote my comment that specifically calls him out as a shit player. Do you think I like Willian as well? Lmao. The point was, if even shit performers can pass and move like normal wingers, why can't Dembele?

Because his ball control sucks, hes got other traits that gets him in that bracket of players. If his ball control was at their level hed be a world class injury prone player, who is dumb in the same time. Reminds of me of someone

vegitot

Season 20/21:

E8bTkikXIA8yHdL

Dembouz with the 3rd most threatening passes after Messi and Alba..

Useless as BF knows better... LOL

A winger whose job is crossing/passing into the penalty area. It's normal thing lol. A pass into penalty area would be more threating than a pass in midfield, and whoever play on the wing should do it without much problem.

What's next? Expected speed, expected potential, expected injury stats???

vegitot

Because his ball control sucks, hes got other traits that gets him in that bracket of players. If his ball control was at their level hed be a world class injury prone player, who is dumb in the same time. Reminds of me of someone

What's other trait??? Speed? Ok that's nice. But no ball control, no brain and an injury prone. He is a bum.

Kul_z

What's other trait??? Speed? Ok that's nice. But no ball control, no brain and an injury prone. He is a bum.

That, left and right foot, a lot of stepovers and lady luck when shooting from outside the box. He's not a poacher but he can score screamers.

MTL_Barca

A winger whose job is crossing/passing into the penalty area. It's normal thing lol. A pass into penalty area would be more threating than a pass in midfield, and whoever play on the wing should do it without much problem.

Seems being played as an attacker didn't help Cardioman though :lol:

vegitot

That, left and right foot, a lot of stepovers and lady luck when shooting from outside the box. He's not a poacher but he can score screamers.

He is a two footed. That's nice. Useless step over???

How many screamers??? You talk as if this bum can score and assist at the rate of Neymar, Hazard :lol:

Kul_z

He is a two footed. That's nice. Useless step over???

How many screamers??? You talk as if this bum can score and assist at the rate of Neymar, Hazard :lol:

Well, considering how frequently he is injured, he's got so so record. Better then hazard actually. No, im not talking that he is close to assisting and scoring like neyboy, but considering the managers we had he didnt have any particular role. When he's fit a lot of our players were searching for him because as dumb as he looks he always seems that he can cook something out of nowhere. My point is that HE CAN, but his iq and lack of work ethics dont allow him to be consistent and fulfill the full potential, and thats the difference between every single player in the last 20 years and messi and cr7.

Ney is dumb too- he got two world class seasons, and his iq didnt allowed him to fullfill the full potential, because he's lazy and unprofessional, unlike messi/cr7

Hazard is an idiot too - unprofessional and fat unlike messi/cr7

Reus - unlucky but is he?

Bale - he just does not give a fuck, unlike all of them above clutch and big game player, when he's in it he's world class, but motivation and surroundings seems that is slowing him down

Vini jr - dembele bracket at most, for me not even close to our black prince

Salah - everything in place, work ethics at messi/cr7 level but he lacks iq and talent in general to reach the highest level

Mane - same as salah

Coincidence or not, more consistent and professional are players that had/have quality managers in their peak or in forming years

Messi - guardiola
Cr7 - saf
Mane
Salah - klopp

Dembouz - ev
Bale is unlucky because zidane didnt liked him, but he delivered when it mattered and saved his ass on lot of ocassions.

Son - wild card, shame that he rots in tottenham pochet

Martial - a bum under ogs

With messi gone we should play more unpredictable and direct, and that could maybe be blessing for dembele, until he gets injured again.

Messigician

Well, considering how frequently he is injured, he's got so so record. Better then hazard actually. No, im not talking that he is close to assisting and scoring like neyboy, but considering the managers we had he didnt have any particular role. When he's fit a lot of our players were searching for him because as dumb as he looks he always seems that he can cook something out of nowhere. My point is that HE CAN, but his iq and lack of work ethics dont allow him to be consistent and fulfill the full potential, and thats the difference between every single player in the last 20 years and messi and cr7.

Ney is dumb too- he got two world class seasons, and his iq didnt allowed him to fullfill the full potential, because he's lazy and unprofessional, unlike messi/cr7

Hazard is an idiot too - unprofessional and fat unlike messi/cr7

Reus - unlucky but is he?

Bale - he just does not give a fuck, unlike all of them above clutch and big game player, when he's in it he's world class, but motivation and surroundings seems that is slowing him down

Vini jr - dembele bracket at most, for me not even close to our black prince

Salah - everything in place, work ethics at messi/cr7 level but he lacks iq and talent in general to reach the highest level

Mane - same as salah

Coincidence or not, more consistent and professional are players that had/have quality managers in their peak or in forming years

Messi - guardiola
Cr7 - saf
Mane
Salah - klopp

Dembouz - ev
Bale is unlucky because zidane didnt liked him, but he delivered when it mattered and saved his ass on lot of ocassions.

Son - wild card, shame that he rots in tottenham pochet

Martial - a bum under ogs

With messi gone we should play more unpredictable and direct, and that could maybe be blessing for dembele, until he gets injured again.

Tuchel Dembele

Birdy

Had you paid more attention to the graph, instead of replaying your usual tape, you would have seen that it shows only the positive passes, the passes that were not intercepted or blocked.
If Busi who almost never misplaces a pass has lower xT in total than Dembouz, it means that the crosses or final passes the latter manages to complete create some really good chances

Off-topic at best.
What's the point of your videos? That Neymar's link-up play is better? So?
The graph measures the threat of the passes, crosses or through-ball, made by players.
Think again what is that you want to prove and come up with something better

And mind you, that's only passes, which are not Dembouz' strongest trait.
xT is measured also against ball carries, and whenever I find that stat about him I will post it here, because he is one of the most threatening ball carriers out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans