Not open for further replies.

delancey

- 90 mins played
- 68 touches
- 1 assist
- 4 chances created

- 2 dribbles
- was fouled 4 times

Tonight's performance was a good reply to that portion of haters that whine about his creating/passing

And pass accuracy % and how many times did he lose the ball?

delancey

Amen to that. Fucker is showcasing himself and will fuck us good for any money while he lived a life of a king on Barca's account.

Fucker
He already burnt bridges at Dortmund. If he leaves on a free here, he?ll be doing it all over again at Barcelona. 🤣😅

Any rumors about Newcastle being interested this window in order to improve their chances of Premier League football? It makes sense for Newcastle, but will Dembele ever look like a mercenary if he leaves for Newcastle, a team that is currently sitting 19th in the Premier league... just for money. Haha

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

He already burnt bridges at Dortmund. If he leaves on a free here, he?ll be doing it all over again at Barcelona. 🤣😅

Any rumors about Newcastle being interested this window in order to improve their chances of Premier League football? It makes sense for Newcastle, but will Dembele ever look like a mercenary if he leaves for Newcastle, a team that is currently sitting 19th in the Premier league... just for money. Haha

It's probably going to be Chelsea, Liverpool or spurs. He's not going to Newcastle lol

delancey

It's probably going to be Chelsea, Liverpool or spurs. He's not going to Newcastle lol

Liverpool essentially pay their top three earners as much as Dembele is earning right now. They earn slightly more. Could they sign him on higher wages? Sure, but that would be placing him in the highest bracket with their own legends and stars who have contributed far more than him. I?m not so sure. I?m doubtful of Liverpool doing that.

I could see him going to PSG. Newcastle could throw in a huge offer for him too. No reason other than money to go to Newcastle. Don?t see why they wouldn?t try. Chelsea, sure. But I?m unfamiliar with their wage structure.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Liverpool essentially pay their top three earners as much as Dembele is earning right now. They earn slightly more. Could they sign him on higher wages? Sure, but that would be placing him in the highest bracket with their own legends and stars who have contributed far more than him. I?m not so sure. I?m doubtful of Liverpool doing that.

I could see him going to PSG. Newcastle could throw in a huge offer for him too. No reason other than money to go to Newcastle. Don?t see why they wouldn?t try. Chelsea, sure. But I?m unfamiliar with their wage structure.

There is a reason Salah ain't signing new contract. They are all gonna be getting much higher salary wheh they get it renewed.

Also maybe be why Liverpool success is not sustainable.

Dembele just wants his signing bonus and will make do with whatever wages Barca offering

delancey

There is a reason Salah ain't signing new contract. They are all gonna be getting much higher salary wheh they get it renewed.

Also maybe be why Liverpool success is not sustainable.

Dembele just wants his signing bonus and will make do with whatever wages Barca offering
Well said! He is also due a loyalty bonus if In not mistaken. Haha

feggydinho

You're forgetting that he'll be going for free, that's what makes it attractive to all teams right now. I see him easily going to a top club if we don't renew

blaug

We can't renew him for crazy money. Makes no sense. His end product is awful. Elche game is the only good game he has had in a long time (should have had 2-3 assists). He really isn't good enough for the high salary we will have to give him

BerkeleyBernie

He's playing for a contract- and not one at Barcelona.

Good performance, not really in sync with the rest of the team and felt more like an individualistc shop window performance.

Reminded me of how Neymar played the pre-season before the PSG move. Still he is going to be a helping hard in our current season goals if he doesn't get injured again.

This is the first consistent (not just moments) performance I've seen from Dembele and makes me think he can fit. The sync wasn't his fault, it's the rest of the team. I think Xavi is encouraging him to be a playmaker, to track back, etc, and the rest of the team needs to understand he's feeding them, not just a wild card on the touchline.

This is an interesting stew right now. Some real fear in defenders fro Dembele, Abde, and Jutgla (and Fati), a diverse midfield of Busi, Gavi, Pedri, Nico, and Puig (and FDJ, who may improve under Xavi). The big hole to fill is defense where Barca needs both speed and authority/intensity. Alves will add some authority.

Neeraj

Him leaving for free would be an appropriate end to this disaster of a transfer. Ideally, of course we would like him to renew and then us being able to sell him for money, but of course, that is never going to happen. His pace is unique to this team with slow players all around and he does sometimes look like the only source of any threat. The best alternative would be us extending him for LOWER pay, not a higher pay, with the hope that he can help us by being on the pitch. Now that also isn't going to happen.

So the two options we are left with are extending his contract by giving him a pay INCREASE or letting him go for free. With his injury track record and basically 0 contributions thus far to the club, letting him go for free is the only real viable option.

FCBfan22

TBH it's basically okay whatever we/he do/does, as long as we don't renew him on higher fixed salary.

He is the least of our problems, if you look at our backline and GK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans