Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

I quite honestly don't think he has the discipline to kick on, so not like I really fear him going to a team and lighting it up elsewhere because you don't change an attitude or personality overnight.

He does add dynamism and I do rate him a lot as a player but it's more than justified why most don't care if he goes as he's just not trustworthy for several reasons.

iniestaGOAT

I quite honestly don't think he has the discipline to kick on, so not like I really fear him going to a team and lighting it up elsewhere because you don't change an attitude or personality overnight.

He does add dynamism and I do rate him a lot as a player but it's more than justified why most don't care if he goes as he's just not trustworthy for several reasons.

He need to avoid injuries and consistent football and a great manager to light up anything. He should go to liverpool and play under KLOPP but i doubt they can afford him.

Birdy

The idea with Moriba was to force him to agree for sale.
With Dembele, i am not even sure we want to sell him.
There were old rumours that if he is sold, we are obligated to give BVB all of the remaining add-ons.

Is there any add-on left?
I think club has paid them all apart from UCL add-on that cannot be triggered?

The idea is clear:
You can't use the club to gain a free transfer elsewhere!

That leaves players with only 2 options:
A) Renew under the conditions offered by the club (or at least after an honest negotiation)
B) If A cannot happen, and player wants to go elsewhere,
bring your offer in the price set by the club, and you are transferred out

And that cuts out a third option that many (call me Moriba) wanted to use:
C) Run down the contract, and leave for massive sign-on bonuses.

JamDav1982

Moriba was different case.

A whole season is more of a threat than a 5 months and Moriba was never going to be same miss from team or a cost to hold and not play the way Dembele would be.

It is harder to threaten no game time to Dembele than was to Moriba. Particularly with club in situation it is and lack of pace/wide players.

If it was that easy they would have threatened it to Dembele in summer already.

mc_lovin

It's not a very good point from his agent to point to Ferran/Haaland (if that argument was even made).

We obviously need to strengthen the whole squad, and Dembele as a vivid gamer of Football Manager knows that. It's not like we can or should give the 20m we pay for Ferran yearly (wages+fee) to Dembele. That's absurd. We tried to renew him within our means, he seemed interested and now gone off the rails financially (for us).

In the context of our (new) wage structure he would have been the top earner in offense, probably more than Ferran and Fati combined. He wants more, which is fine, but the timing is disingenuous.

Birdy

In the summer negotiations over a new contract hadn't even started.
Elections were fresh, and the previous board was not planning to renew him.

Now, the story of 4-month negotiations is coming to an end, and there is no agreement.
At this point, things are pretty clear:
Either you go wherever you want for a low price that the club sets or even for free NOW (option B)
OR you are banished in the stands

khaled_a_d

Is there any add-on left?
I think club has paid them all apart from UCL add-on that cannot be triggered?

Here:

Dembel? le cost? al Barcelona 105 M? m?s 20 en variables de traspaso. Ha cobrado cerca de 17 M entre fijo y variables durante estos 4 a?os. Se ha pasado m?s de la mitad el tiempo lesionado. Si cree que debe exigir m?s est? en su derecho pero, lo siento, no se lo merece

https://twitter.com/3gerardpique/status/1476320893056004102

Neither Pique or Friexa commented on that. So I assume Martinez knows his stuff.
Assuming it is true, we still have 20M unpaid.

The idea is clear:
You can't use the club to gain a free transfer elsewhere!

Don't think that was the case with Moriba, Moriba was club youth product who, in some ways, owed it to the club.
He had a market but he had his eyes on one club (because his agent almost exclusively do business in germany) and stapped club in the back. He had something to lose when we leave him in the stands.

That leaves players with only 2 options:
A) Renew under the conditions offered by the club (or at least after an honest negotiation)
B) If A cannot happen, and player wants to go elsewhere,
bring your offer in the price set by the club, and you are transferred out

And that cuts out a third option that many (call me Moriba) wanted to use:
C) Run down the contract, and leave for massive sign-on bonuses.

The club priority is financial above anything else, if there is financial gains of him sitting in stands so be it.
But don't pay him zillions for him to ensure he is being healthy when he signs for his new club.
Dembele biggest fear for running down his contract is injuries.
Unlike Moriba, he doesn't care if he loses this "development" games

khaled_a_d

It's not a very good point from his agent to point to Ferran/Haaland (if that argument was even made).

We obviously need to strengthen the whole squad, and Dembele as a vivid gamer of Football Manager knows that. It's not like we can or should give the 20m we pay for Ferran yearly (wages+fee) to Dembele. That's absurd. We tried to renew him within our means, he seemed interested and now gone off the rails financially (for us).

In the context of our (new) wage structure he would have been the top earner in offense, probably more than Ferran and Fati combined. He wants more, which is fine, but the timing is disingenuous.

I mean Ronaldinho and Marquez was signed because the whole squad was negotiated for pay cuts in 2003.
It isn't a new concept :lol:
And those who stayed long enough, got pay raise when the club was in better situation.

Birdy

I think what the agent said is that Haaland would be getting 4x the money Dembele was offered.
So, he got mad and said 'how about 40m (that Haaland will be getting) to Dembele?'
or that's what they want the public to hear

BUT
I am really mad at Laporta.
He is dreaming of Haaland and letting all the world know that 'we are planning for Haaland', and organizing these visits with his Dad, and meeting Raiola, and throwing all these leaks around about him
when even Laporta's mother knows we CANNOT afford him at the rumored salary,

Now, it will be NO Haaland and NO Dembele as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans