Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

In the summer negotiations over a new contract hadn't even started.
Elections were fresh, and the previous board was not planning to renew him.

Now, the story of 4-month negotiations is coming to an end, and there is no agreement.
At this point, things are pretty clear:
Either you go wherever you want for a low price that the club sets or even for free NOW (option B)
OR you are banished in the stands

There was nothing at all to stop the board negotiating contract last summer and offering the ultimatum.

There is nothing to suggest previous board would not have wanted to renew him. They would have anyway if not least for the financial benefits to accounts.

Again... it is not as easy as banishing him to the stands and unlikely to happen.

Completely different case to Moriba.

Birdy

There was nothing at all to stop the board negotiating contract last summer and offering the ultimatum.

There is nothing to suggest previous board would not have wanted to renew him. They would have anyway if not least for the financial benefits to accounts.

Again... it is not as easy as banishing him to the stands and unlikely to happen.

Completely different case to Moriba.

Negotiations with Dembele started in late August or September. You had to give it some time in earnest to see if there is an agreement.
Ultimatums do not start straight away. That's not a negotiation.

JamDav1982

Negotiations with Dembele started in late August or September. You had to give it some time in earnest to see if there is an agreement.
Ultimatums do not start straight away. That's not a negotiation.

Negotiations were being reported long before that and even then if started in August/September that is too late and could have been started earlier. Nothing to stop that happening.

No one is saying 'start negotiations in September' and offer ultimatum then.

Birdy

Negotiations were being reported long before that and even then if started in August/September that is too late and could have been started earlier. Nothing to stop that happening.

No one is saying 'start negotiations in September' and offer ultimatum then.

Laporta was elected in March, and was sorting out other things before.
Remeber what was happening in the summer? With Messi? CVC? and everything else.

I bet if Laporta was the president since some time, what we saw these 4 months from August until now, would have happened during the 20/21 season,
and by summer the club would have known, and would have put him on the market with 1 yr left on his contract

JamDav1982

Laporta was elected in March, and was sorting out other things before.
Remeber what was happening in the summer? With Messi? CVC? and everything else.

I bet if Laporta was the president since some time, what we saw these 4 months from August until now, would have happened during the 20/21 season,
and by summer the club would have known, and would have put him on the market with 1 yr left on his contract

I am well aware of when Laporta was elected and ample time to negotiate contract which media were stating he did before the Euros.

There was nothing stopping Barca offering an ultimatum last summer.

If waited until August/September that is worse but they didnt.

Birdy

I am well aware of when Laporta was elected and ample time to negotiate contract which media were stating he did before the Euros.

There was nothing stopping Barca offering an ultimatum last summer.

Real negotiations started around the time I noted.
Before it was all 'Barca intends to ...' type of leaks

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I do agree that Laporta got played here. I don't know why he was pushing so hard for Dembele to renew in the first place.

Time for the club to stop playing ball with Dembele & and his agent now and treat them as ruthlessly as possible.

JamDav1982

Real negotiations started around the time I noted.
Before it was all 'Barca intends to ...' type of leaks

Nah you have no idea when 'real' negotiations started and even if true it would be worse to leave it that long.... which going by all reports they didnt.

Dembele contract has been reported as major issue for new board more or less since they arrived as any renewal would have eased the finances of club.

Birdy

Nah you have no idea when 'real' negotiations started and even if true it would be worse to leave it that long.... which going by all reports they didnt.

Dembele contract has been reported as major issue for new board more or less since they arrived as any renewal would have eased the finances of club.

That's what the journos leaks we read every day said. After Laporta's elections, and until the closing of the summer transfer window,
all leaks were 'Barca intends to deal with Demebele's renewal' 'the club wants to renew Dembele' and all that.
after that point, the tune changed, and it became 'Barca planned a meeting with his agent' 'met his agent' 'met his agent, again' etc

I am not inside the board. Neither you are, so the best source is this

JamDav1982

That's what the journos leaks we read every day said. After Laporta's elections, and until the closing of the summer transfer window,
all leaks were 'Barca intends to deal with Demebele's renewal' 'the club wants to renew Dembele' and all that.
after that point, the tune changed, and it became 'Barca planned a meeting with his agent' 'met his agent' 'met his agent, again' etc

I am not inside the board. Neither you are, so the best source is this

No it was reported from moment Laporta came in and last May/June that they were offering Dembele a new contract and waiting for his response.

The board are not as incompetent as you make out to wait until August/September before starting negotiations and they didnt.

They were/are fully aware of what a Dembele renewal would do for accounts.

Birdy

No it was reported from moment Laporta came in and last May/June that they were offering Dembele a new contract and waiting for his response.

The board are not as incompetent as you make out to wait until August/September before starting negotiations and they didnt.

They were/are fully aware of what a Dembele renewal would do for accounts.

You are pulling things straight out of your ass again.
No, they didn't offer him something concrete until then, because we would have known that.
We would be hearing about meetings with his agents and stuff, but everything was quiet around him in the summer.

Why this happened, IDK as I am not in the offices, I assume they were pretty busy with all the other stuff, Messi's renewal first and foremost.
Neither you are in the offices, so stop playing smart-boy here,
as we all know you ain't

JamDav1982

You are pulling things straight out of your ass again.
No, they didn't offer him something concrete until then, because we would have known that.
We would be hearing about meetings with his agents and stuff, but everything was quiet around him in the summer.

Why this happened, IDK as I am not in the offices, I assume they were pretty busy with all the other stuff, Messi's renewal first and foremost.
Neither you are in the offices, so stop playing smart-boy here,
as we all know you ain't

Nah you made up 'August/September' when Romano was saying Laporta was waiting until end of season to discuss new contract. While Marca/Mundo etc all discussed Barca offering new contract in May/June and RMC stating club went to his house to try and progress talks over new deal.

As said your scenario of 'August/September' to initiate negotiatons is worse and they didnt.

Usual Birdy talking shite and exposed on it.

Too easy once again.

What is the 'evidence' and source for those reports being wrong and new contract not offered until Aug/Sept?

Feel you may bail on this one as usual as cant back it up but will ask anyway.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Birdy-Jammy is always a proper heavyweight clash. The barcaforum equivalent of City-Liverpool in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans