Ousmane Dembélé

Chainsaw

Killahead
Can't wait to hear the news about this cunt's contract extension till 2030. I'm sure he will prove all the "haters" wrong by having 10 good matches in 8 seasons!

feggydinho

I don't think the injuries have damaged him much as the pace is still there and decision making isnt depending on injuries. I remember i read a source which said dembele had the most ball losses in bundesliga in his last dortmund season, don't know if true though.

Won't be surprised if that's true cause he tends to misplace the simplest pass even at Dortmund (Sometimes he controls a very difficult ball easily, and then fails to control an easy ball so on and off), he has a focus problem and I don't see that changing anymore.

Last edited:

Laplacian

I think he would be a great counter attacking player, his high pace would be very useful.

You were here last season, he roles was to run behind the defense and provide final balls. He sucked at that too.

He played mostly on the counter against PSG and he sucked there too.

You still need technique and decision making to be an effective counter attacking player.

Birdy

He can play football, but not at a very high level. Dortmund is not that, low-pressure pusher club that lacks ambition and is basically focusing on developing players, and tricking clubs frequently into thinking that they are better than their real level. For France he was a luxury sub almost all the time. Rennes is Rennes, and I bet you that if he goes to a really big club, he'll do nothing but disappoint and frustrate just like at Barca. If he manages to stay fit that is.

Serghei you are calling 'hater' everyone who criticizes Puig, but pull off that abysmal hate here for Dembele.

No, you are totally wrong.
He didn't just 'play' for Dortmund, he was joint best player that year and that in CL as well against top opposition.

When Thoman Tuchel - NOW AT CHELSEA - when asked "who is the most talented player you ever coached?" replies isntantly, without even thinking, with "Dembele", there is no discussion here.
I don't care if you twist the definition of talent to fit into your hate narrative, it is simply not true.
Dembele was, and still is, one of the biggest talents in football

fergus90

Dembele's 25 in a few months, the talent tag is wearing out for him. Needs to be more consistent and have a better attitude of the pitch too, otherwise it's a talent wasted.

I don't dislike Dembele and can appreciate he adds dynamism to the side but he's far from the finished article. Plus the whole contract saga with him is laughable.

serghei

Serghei you are calling 'hater' everyone who criticizes Puig, but pull off that abysmal hate here for Dembele.

These two are miles apart. Nobody except maybe Bobo sees Puig as more than a good squad player able to get rotational minutes, but for some reason some posters can't help but talk about him after every La Liga round.

:lol: Some where even tracking his social media activity.

What does this have to do with Dembele being an overrated bum? Don't understand how the 2nd worst transfer of all time for Barca has so many fans. Here we are in year 4 or whatever it is, half of it spent in hospitals, hoping this guy finally learns how to pass and not trip himself in the ball vs Granada.

If Tuchel loves him so much he can take him for free.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Theo Walcott for as much as he was maligned probably had a better record than this guy and look where he ended up.

He's the French Theo Walcott, although a bit more technically gifted, but worse end product and dumber.

That Tuchel want him is irrelevant. He also wanted Tilo Kehrer at PSG.

serghei

Theo Walcott for as much as he was maligned probably had a better record than this guy and look where he ended up.

He's the French Theo Walcott, although a bit more technically gifted, but worse end product and dumber.

That Tuchel want him is irrelevant. He also wanted Tilo Kehrer at PSG.

Yeah, coaches talk all the time. When it's time to act, they aren't as generous as with words. :lol:

KingLeo10

Dembele has been mostly a wage thief at Barcelona, as much of his injuries can be chalked to his own poor conditioning and professionalism.

I also saw a lot of promise in him in 2017, but it's 2022 now and this guy gives us 5 goals and 5 assists a year at best.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, coaches talk all the time. When it's time to act, they aren't as generous as with words. :lol:

This argument that a top coach wanting him must mean he's a great talent is so stupid to me. We see even elite managers make dumb mistakes all the time. They're not the ones evaluating a player 50 times like scouts or a SD does, or at least should do.

Like let's take Jurgen Klopp.

Did you guys know he wanted Julian Brandt and not Mohamed Salah? Liverpool's Director of Football went with his gut and chose Salah instead of accepting Klopp's wishes.

serghei

This argument that a top coach wanting him must mean he's a great talent is so stupid to me. We see even elite managers make dumb mistakes all the time.

Like let's take Jurgen Klopp.

Did you guys know he wanted Julian Brandt and not Mohamed Salah? Liverpool's Director of Football went with his gut and Salah instead.

And that's even before you get to the fact that Tuchel praising Demebel's talent makes himself look good as to be the one that utilized him the best.

Birdy

These two are miles apart. Nobody except maybe Bobo sees Puig as more than a good squad player able to get rotational minutes, but for some reason some posters can't help but talk about him after every La Liga round.

:lol: Some where even tracking his social media activity.

What does this have to do with Dembele being an overrated bum? Don't understand how the 2nd worst transfer of all time for Barca has so many fans. Here we are in year 4 or whatever it is, half of it spent in hospitals, hoping this guy finally learns how to pass and not trip himself in the ball vs Granada.

If Tuchel loves him so much he can take him for free.

Not only Tuchel wants him mate. PSG Bayern UTD Juve - apart from Chelsea - all want him to be a starter in their teams,
and if his agent was not posing these crazy salary demands, there would be a total war for his signature...

The above fact alone should be enough to attest to the opposite of what you (and many other haters in here) say

I used Tuchel's quote, to show that you are twisting even definitions to put him out of the category of a talent.
And you are terribly wrong on this.
He was, and still is, a WC talent.
If this potential becomes a WC player, is a different story

KingLeo10

Didn't Pep call Foden the most talented player he's seen? And Lahm the smartest? And Dante the best defender?

This is a guy who coached prime Messi...prime Xavi :lol:

serghei

Not only Tuchel wants him mate. PSG Bayern UTD Juve - apart from Chelsea - all want him to be a starter in their teams,
and if his agent was not posing these crazy salary demands, there would be a total war for his signature...

The above fact alone should be enough to attest to the opposite of what you (and many other haters in here) say

I used Tuchel's quote, to show that you are twisting even definitions to put him out of the category of a talent.
And you are terribly wrong on this.
He was, and still is, a WC talent.
If this potential becomes a WC player, is a different story

Of course, he's free and worth a punt. He's basically like a Depay. Let's see where he ends up at.

Home of Barca Fans