Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Like let's take Jurgen Klopp.

Did you guys know he wanted Julian Brandt and not Mohamed Salah? Liverpool's Director of Football went with his gut and chose Salah instead of accepting Klopp's wishes.

Irrelevant.
I have quoted this story many times, and it shows a proper WC Scouting and Analytics Department.

What this has to do with Tuchel appreciating Dembele? Nothing probably

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Irrelevant.
I have quoted this story many times, and it shows a proper WC Scouting and Analytics Department.

What this has to do with Tuchel appreciating Dembele? Nothing probably

Maybe the fact that managers cannot see past their own biases and properly evaluate transfers sometimes?

Anyway I've said what I wanted. Hope we get rid of this snake and move on soon.

fergus90

I'm extremely sceptical Bayern would want Dembele as a starter. They have Coman, Sane and Gnabry who are all more productive than him. Plus Musiala breaking through who can play central or on the wing.

DonAK

I'm extremely sceptical Bayern would want Dembele as a starter. They have Coman, Sane and Gnabry who are all more productive than him.

Coman is apparently renewing with them now so doubt they'd be interested. Was also a report in Germany that Bayern question his character so don't want players like him :shrug:

KingLeo10

No hate at Birdy, but this is giving me very similar vibes to those who still support EV at all costs. He has his merits, but he has a whole bunch of glaring flaws too.

Birdy

Of course, he's free and worth a punt. He's basically like a Depay. Let's see where he ends up at.

LOL :lol:
Not every club is broke like Barca, and administers 'cheap' signings that a coach just likes to see where it gets.

They have money and are willing to spare some towards ends, and have proper scouting structures, SDs, who decide on transfers.

Bayern are looking to replace Coman.
Chelsea are looking to upgrade on Werner, and Ziyech
PSG are looking for an Mbape replacement.
UTD are looking for an upgrade on Martial, or even Rashford.
Juve are looking for someone to play on the opposite wing of Chiesa, of the same quality.
If he was not ticking these boxes, he wouldn't be on the shortlist of all these top clubs, simple as that.

I like how you end up with different rationalizations and seemingly (only) plausible explanations just to cover the hate lurking inside, and evade facing some hard truths about his quality as a player

PS: And basically, you whole point collapses when you realize it's not only the transfer fee that decides how 'free' a signing is, but also his wages (with crazy demands reported).
Oh, I forgot: even the transfer fee is not 0, as he demands a sign-on bonus.
Oops...

DonAK

No hate at Birdy, but this is giving me very similar vibes to those who still support EV at all costs. He has his merits, but he has a whole bunch of glaring flaws too.

Dembele can be a decent player in a good setting suited for him, but he simply isn't a World Class talent.

Who's the last player with this inconsistent technique and non-existent end product that developed into a World Class player? And he want to be paid as one of the top five players in the world :shrug:

Birdy

It's the opposite actually.
I never said he has no flaws
They (haters) said he has no merits
(or even if they didn't say it, they painstakingly try to write off all his standout merits)

Last edited:

fergus90

LOL :lol:
Not every club is broke like Barca, and administers 'cheap' signings that a coach just likes to see where it gets.

They have money and are willing to spare some towards ends, and have proper scouting structures, SDs, who decide on transfers.

Bayern are looking to replace Coman.
Chelsea are looking to upgrade on Werner, and Ziyech
PSG are looking for an Mbape replacement.
UTD are looking for an upgrade on Martial, or even Rashford.
Juve are looking for someone to play on the opposite wing of Chiesa, of the same quality.
If he was not ticking these boxes, he wouldn't be on the shortlist of all these top clubs, simple as that.

I like how you end up with different rationalizations and seemingly (only) plausible explanations just to cover the hate lurking inside, and evade facing some hard truths about his quality as a player

PS: And basically, you whole point collapses when you realize it's not only the transfer fee that decides how 'free' a signing is, but also his wages (with crazy demands reported).
Oh, I forgot: even the transfer fee is not 0, as he demands a sign-on bonus.
Oops...

Coman is about to get paid 17 mil a year by Bayern. United could be a destination for him though or Chelsea if Tuchel if he's still convinced by him.

Nello

Not only Tuchel wants him mate. PSG Bayern UTD Juve - apart from Chelsea - all want him to be a starter in their teams,
and if his agent was not posing these crazy salary demands, there would be a total war for his signature...

The above fact alone should be enough to attest to the opposite of what you (and many other haters in here) say

I used Tuchel's quote, to show that you are twisting even definitions to put him out of the category of a talent.
And you are terribly wrong on this.
He was, and still is, a WC talent.
If this potential becomes a WC player, is a different story

Tuchel never said he wanted Dembele. Have seen the clip a bunch of times on insta, and the reporter just asks him who?s the most talented player he?s coached, and he replies that Dembele comes to mind. You can understand why, as he can play and shoot with both feet, dribble quite well and is fast as fuck. That does not mean he?s the best player Tuchel has coached however, since there?s quite a way from being talented to being a consistent WC performer as you say yourself.

Also, rumours are called rumours for a reason. He might have been linked to a bunch of clubs, but no one, not even Tuchel, has indicated that he?s be a starter in their current team.

Also dont know why you?re so sure there would be a war for his signature if he had lower wage demands, do you know something the rest of us dont?

Last edited:

jamrock

Not worth the fuss, if we can sell him in this window (we can't) we should, otherwise he's off on a free some decent size club will take a risk on him & it will likely pay off but for us he simply has not worked out & not worth the money he is reportly asking for.

Andresito

Staff member
Inb4 he renews in May as no other 'top' team can offer him a starting spot.

PSG might be the favourites in case he leaves, but I think for now he'd be 3-4th on their list of Mbappe replacements.

feggydinho

Not worth the fuss, if we can sell him in this window (we can't) we should, otherwise he's off on a free some decent size club will take a risk on him & it will likely pay off but for us he simply has not worked out & not worth the money he is reportly asking for.

This is it, simply didn't work out for us. He's still a talent no doubt and I hope it works out for him elsewhere meanwhile we'll have to be scouting for good replacements and I don't think Adama is it

DonAK

His agent have now come out and taken shot at the only person in the club that maybe still want him to stay, Xavi. Criticizing his management style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans