Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Thiago was different if I am not mistaken as he was sold to Bayern with time left on his contract, but how is Dembele different from Mbappe and Alaba?

Exactly what did Alaba do to respect Bayern, or "under the conditions of their club"? I found his situation similar to Dembele's, Alaba wanted more money than Bayern was willing to pay, negotiations broke off, he ran down his contract and left. What is the difference?

It's more similar to Alaba scenario, they want higher wage, barca offers lower wage and no party want to budge, each party stance has been clear as daylight since, though media was just using it to get clicks. Its finally ending though

krakdol

He has no reason to leave now. He has a contract. You either renew him or let him play until the end of the contract. Any player would behave the same way.

BarcaOG

Banned
i dont really see what there is to defend re: dembele

he he won anything for us Luft? has he been a en exemplary professional, a model for our youngsters to look up to? has he decided or influenced CL kos? clasicos?

really luft, whats up? do you just like him--a preference? i dont see any redeeming qualities or achievements

Birdy

he he won anything for us Luft? has he been a en exemplary professional, a model for our youngsters to look up to? has he decided or influenced CL kos? clasicos?

really luft, whats up? do you just like him--a preference? i dont see any redeeming qualities or achievements

That's off topic.
His sporting value does not excuse fucking around with a club.

Look at what Mbape did with PSG (who offered immense sporting value to them) and contrast it with Sissoko and Dembouz.
Levels...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The difference is that Bayern decided to play Alaba on the pitch for the 1 year left on his contract and not sell, for sporting reasons.
(and I am pretty sure it was because they hadn't signed a replacement. They later signed Upamecano)
On the contrary, they decided to sell Thiago (they had his position covered by Kimmich-Goretchka), and if you remember they warned the interested clubs (Liverpool) to not play games waiting for his contract to end.

In both cases, the will of the club was respected by the players, and in the case of Thiago, it was also respected by another club (Liverpool)

Here, you have only 1 actor other than Barca (Dembouz and his agent) and they do not want to respect the decision of the club (to sell).
Same thing stupid Moriba tried to pull in the summer.
When he and his agency realized that Barca were serious about him staying 1 year in the stands, they contacted Leipzig to make an offer instead of waiting 1 year

Our position on Dembele is the same as Bayern's on Alaba, in both cases the club wanted to renew with the player. The only difference is, in Alaba's case, as far as I know, negotiations kept going and Bayern didn't want to sell or had no time to sell (too late to sell) and let him finish his contract and leave on good terms. Alaba didn't respect his club's wishes (wanting to keep him) or conditions (what conditions were there to speak of?).

Look, Dembele is not the first and last player to want to leave for free, plenty had done that and plenty will do that in the future, of course clubs are pissed and want to sell them to get some money back but this is going to happen, pretty regularly. Two parties can't reach an agreement, it happens all the time. Legally and ethically there is nothing wrong for players to refusing to renew. Unless if Dembele pulls his old shit that he did at Dortmund (refusing to train etc.) and becomes unprofessional in training or playing or whatever, there is nothing you can fault him for disrespecting the club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

No, I want him out as much as everyone else here does but that's not the point. I want us to get something out of his remaining contract and not be the sore loser here. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans