Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Whichever club decides to take him on once he runs his contract down will be in for a planet sized headache when he shows up with his entourage which is somehow worse than Neymar and his dad. Unprofessional, stupid, injury prone, and greedy. Let him stay home and rot. The Camp Nou would be the loudest it's been in years with how they're going to boo him:rockon:

What if he flourishes when he leaves. You can't expect to always bully a player under a contract to accept a pay cut and succeed, except the player is stupid. I don't blame him for doing what he did cause it's normal to reject a pay cut and ask for something else, that's how negotiation works, and normally the fans don't hear specific figures (it would just be the club and the agent negotiating prices till they reach a middle-point or whatever), but posting what Dembele requested for when the club wasn't even ready to offer him more than a wage cut or increase their offer also shows the mess. I'm just happy that they'll soon part ways, would be better if it happens this January.

delancey

What if he flourishes when he leaves. You can't expect to always bully a player under a contract to accept a pay cut and succeed, except the player is stupid. I don't blame him for doing what he did cause it's normal to reject a pay cut and ask for something else, that's how negotiation works, and normally the fans don't hear specific figures (it would just be the club and the agent negotiating prices till they reach a middle-point or whatever), but posting what Dembele requested for when the club wasn't even ready to offer him more than a wage cut or increase their offer also shows the mess. I'm just happy that they'll soon part ways, would be better if it happens this January.

Bullying?
1. The club is restricted by La Liga?s highly bureaucratic salary cap. The club cannot pay out ridiculous wages. Period!
2. Meritocracy. Dembele is not worth the money he is earning now, and much less the salary he and his agent are requesting. Giving in to his demands would set off a bad atmosphere in the dressing room when players who are out scoring and outperforming Dembele make less that him. If we give in, other players will eventually use Dembele as a benchmark for how much they should be earning.

feggydinho

Bullying?
1. The club is restricted by La Liga?s highly bureaucratic salary cap. The club cannot pay out ridiculous wages. Period!
2. Meritocracy. Dembele is not worth the money he is earning now, and much less the salary he and his agent are requesting. Giving in to his demands would set off a bad atmosphere in the dressing room when players who are out scoring and outperforming Dembele make less that him. If we give in, other players will eventually use Dembele as a benchmark for how much they should be earning.

In this instance, all they could've done is tell him that they can't renew since he doesn't want to help by taking a wage cut, then they tell him to help generate revenue by finding a club since he's still under a contract they both signed while avoiding all these media BS. This would've been a proper response than publishing his insane demands for media when we were never gonna increase our offer and telling him to accept a wage cut or stay in the stands or get out. I mean they're better ways to deal with things and both parties went extreme and are now laughing stocks

delancey

In this instance, all they could've done is tell him that they can't renew since he doesn't want to help by taking a wage cut, then they tell him to help generate revenue by finding a club since he's still under a contract they both signed while avoiding all these media BS. This would've been a proper response than publishing his insane demands for media when we were never gonna increase our offer and telling him to accept a wage cut or stay in the stands or get out. I mean they're better ways to deal with things and both parties went extreme and are now laughing stocks
I agree that it could have been handled differently. However, after having splurged 130m + on a player who is now hellbent on leaving unless he has his demands fulfilled... I can see how easy it would be to respond the way the club did.

Ironically, with Ansu?s injury, he may end up playing for Barcelona yet again. Now that will just make the club look silly.

behindbrowneyes

Well according to Balague :

- We offered him 50% Wage Cut
- We said take it or leave it
- The Agent wanted to negotiate but we told the agent to fk off, still standing to leave or take the contract
- we won't offer more

Only 50% wage cut because more is not possible due to Spanish work law (or was it La Liga rules?). :coffee:

That's still more than Ferran, Ansu and Pedri earn after their new contracts signed. New board is introducing a new salary scheme and Dembele has to fit in if he wants to stay. If club would budge to his agent's demands it would create a precedential case. That would nullify board's effort to come back to a more performance based payment as other players agents would demand more too. All of those recent contract extensions, new signings and soon-to-be extensions were made under the pretext of "more is not possible atm" due to club's finances. Dembele has not been as good to make him a "franchise" player.

He is free to go, but club should start using him again not later than current transfer market window closes. We're still having issues with injuries and Dembele can help to win one or another point. It's stupid to sit your best paid offensive player to prove a point. He'll be motivated to perform as he is playing for a new contract.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele is not even worth 5m per year to us. He's always injured and is mediocre most of the time he plays. Has one game where he looks very impressive but his end product is still shite even then.

I think he'll be further exposed if a team like Man Utd goes for him as they've been linked to him. I could be wrong, but I'm very confident I won't be....

Messigician

📰[@SPORT1] | Barcelona will have to pay ?5m to Borussia Dortmund if Ousmane Demb?l? leaves before the end of his first contract. Bar?a have already paid ?135 for the Frenchman to the German club. #fcblive

L for Laporta

Gari

Nobody needs him. Free, with a small salary, in a second-echelon club or on the bench of a top club, yes. But he doesn’t want that.

Windhook

What I read that there is a scheduled meeting , which is normal since even if he is leaving we need to talk about his potential departure

Yeah, some media might interpret such a meeting as another round of conversations, but in reality these could be contract termination or transfer negotiations.

[@SPORT1] | Barcelona will have to pay ?5m to Borussia Dortmund if Ousmane Demb?l? leaves before the end of his first contract. Bar?a have already paid ?135 for the Frenchman to the German club. #fcblive
L for Laporta

Another L for Barto, amigo. The guy signed three of the world's biggest transfer flops in history in a span of just 2 years.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't give in to his and Sissoko's demands but at the same time, damn, play him after the window closes.

The pride is worth nothing if we can't even make it to the top 4.

BarcaOG

Banned
Dembele is not even worth 5m per year to us. He's always injured and is mediocre most of the time he plays. Has one game where he looks very impressive but his end product is still shite even then.

I think he'll be further exposed if a team like Man Utd goes for him as they've been linked to him. I could be wrong, but I'm very confident I won't be....

don ak spitting facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans