Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givenchy

Agree with Luft. tbh the damage to Barca's reputation and pride has already been done, we are a laughing stock and if Dembele somehow helps us reach top 4 and then fucks off, that would be best for all parties. Obviously perma benching/standing him would be better in most scenarios but such is the desperate situation we find ourselves in. We 100% should NOT entertain the idea of renewing him though, even if he and his agent drop their demands.

Currently he's basically a free agent and can nego with any club to join on a free.. yet I don't see many clubs desperate to sign him. He's a risk even on a free so renewing him with an eye on selling him later will backfire tremendously. Sure there are Newcastle type clubs with ??? but the player also has to agree on the move.. as we see with Umtiti.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I get your point but honestly I don't think he even cares that much to the point that he'll feel hurt or anything of that sort.

Guy is a milionaire and will get to chill for 6 months while being paid and will get a big fat bonus from whichever team is dumb enough to offer him big money.

World cup won't affect him since it's is in winter and he'll get enough playing time untill then.

Him being in the stands is not necessarily the club wanting to hurt him , but to give a message to future players to not pull shit like this.

If you don't want to continue at the club , fine , no problem. Anounce the club in time so that the club can get some money for you since it paid and absurd amount of 140 mil in the first place. Not act dumb like you don't know what you will do in the future , only to get a big check somewhere else.

If we are not even going to hurt him, it becomes even less meaningful to put him to the stands, basically giving him a free 6-month long vacation so he gets paid while looking for work and playing PS5.

The message part can be a double-edge sword, as we have discussed before. It might not work at all, and it might backfire.

Windhook

Another issue I have is how we're willing to accommodate Sergi Roberto who didn't lower his salary to help the club or agreed on an extension yet.

Somehow we're still willing to play it fair with him and holding talks over an extension. If we were talking about an elite, world class player I'd understand. There are different rules for those, but Sergi Roberto nor Dembele are that.

You said it, we are still negotiating a new contract. Same scenario could happen with Sergi as well. Either he accepts the new reality or he can leave for a club like Celta, which is his current mediocre level. I'm happy with the new approach the club is taking, not that much with tolerating Catalan background. Sergi is a loyal player, but he really declined after all the injuries, not the same player he was back in 2016.

aragorn

He won't be the first player who didn't play or barely played with 6 months left on his contract.

Didn't see Real Madrid having issues signing players after Khedira was warming the bench or the stands for most of his last season, just to use them as an example here.

Not an even comparison because:

1) Khedira was a world cup winner and kind of a regular player of that WC winning team unlike the standby that our dumbass racist is
2) Real, historically a much bigger giant of a club even compared to our purple patch around the time when this happened with Khedira/Real; And Real were also on a winning streak to boot while we are in shambles now
3) And they always have money; so I doubt there will be a lot of players who would say no

Having that said; Yeah I highly doubt even we would have to sweat to sign new players with this punishment business;

feggydinho

Barcelona are not convinced by the 15M? that Chelsea are offered by #Dembele. The offer was not accepted. ❌ #FCB

Chelsea is willing to present a new offer, 18M? plus 2M? bonuses. Let?s see what happen. 🔵 #CFC (source- Pedro Almeida)

JohnN

Easy solution to the Dembele problem:

- Double training sessions.
- Play him every minute of every game.

He either gets injured again, so we don't even offer him a contract, teams stay clear because he is made out of glass, he ends up at low tier team.
OR
He finally gets consistent game time, helps us climb a little higher in the league and we send him off to a first division team in good spirits. If he accepts a lower contract in the meantime all is good.

iniestaGOAT

He either gets injured again, so we don't even offer him a contract, teams stay clear because he is made out of glass, he ends up at low tier team.
OR
He finally gets consistent game time, helps us climb a little higher in the league and we send him off to a first division team in good spirits. If he accepts a lower contract in the meantime all is good.

What a garbage solution. Or he decides to stink up the pitch after being jerked around and costs us the top 4

JohnN

What a garbage solution. Or he decides to stink up the pitch after being jerked around and costs us the top 4

Would be really bad for him if he intentionally played poorly, no professional would do that for getting regular time. And if he did, we aren't guaranteed to get top4 anyway and he would get a shit transfer.

feggydinho

OR

We can safely forget about acceptance of any kinda contract, I don't think that's possible anymore.

iniestaGOAT

Would be really bad for him if he intentionally played poorly, no professional would do that for getting regular time. And if he did, we aren't guaranteed to get top4 anyway and he would get a shit transfer.

Nobody would know it is intentional cause he stinks up the pitch anyway. As long as he does not get injured he gets paid.

If he fails to perform he will get paid by teams like Newcastle instead of man united.

feggydinho

Nobody would know it is intentional cause he stinks up the pitch anyway. As long as he does not get injured he gets paid.

If he fails to perform he will get paid by teams like Newcastle instead of man united.

I still see him signing for a good team whether he plays or not, his agent claims that he has gotten 3 offers so far however, i suspect the offers should be on the basis that he leaves as a free agent. Chelsea looks a likely destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans