Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Don't give in to his and Sissoko's demands but at the same time, damn, play him after the window closes.

The pride is worth nothing if we can't even make it to the top 4.

Lol, I just hope that doesn't happen cause that'll be another level of shame, and also reduce our attractiveness to quality players unless we pay them massively. On a side note, Xavi said we're looking to bring in some players, so we can also expect signings this January

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes , and the club's interest is to punish it's players who shit on the Barca's identity and what it stands for

Again, the reason they banished him to the stands right now is to force him to renew (won't happen) and leave before the January window closes (won't happen). Once the window closes, it serves nothing to keep dropping him, other than the pride and psychological victory knowing that we will hurt him. It certainly doesn't do us any real good.

The most important thing right now and this season for the club is for us to make it to the top 4, and the club should try to achieve it with EVERYTHING at our disposal. Failing to do so will have major detrimental impact on the club far beyond this season. Everything else takes a backseat.

All is "shitting on Barca's identity" stuff is BS, the club is upset with him because he doesn't want to renew on our terms. If he renews he will be hailed and lauded as some Barca DNA player etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lol, I just hope that doesn't happen cause that'll be another level of shame, and also reduce our attractiveness to quality players unless we pay them massively. On a side note, Xavi said we're looking to bring in some players, so we can also expect signings this January

On the contrary, this practice of banishing players who won't renew to the stands might backfire and make other players think again before they come, you never know.

On the second part, good luck with that. Without selling players, where do we get the money to buy and more importantly, wage room to accommodate new signings? If Xavi did say that, it is just an attempt to make the fans less demoralized and give them something to hope for (wishful thinking) in the face of a series of defeats.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He won't be the first player who didn't play or barely played with 6 months left on his contract.

Didn't see Real Madrid having issues signing players after Khedira was warming the bench or the stands for most of his last season, just to use them as an example here.

serghei

Again, the reason they banished him to the stands right now is to force him to renew (won't happen) and leave before the January window closes (won't happen). Once the window closes, it serves nothing to keep dropping him, other than the pride and psychological victory knowing that we will hurt him. It certainly doesn't do us any real good.

The most important thing right now and this season for the club is for us to make it to the top 4, and the club should try to achieve it with EVERYTHING at our disposal. Failing to do so will have major detrimental impact on the club far beyond this season. Everything else takes a backseat.

All is "shitting on Barca's identity" stuff is BS, the club is upset with him because he doesn't want to renew on our terms. If he renews he will be hailed and lauded as some Barca DNA player etc.

If it makes us an unlikable destination for delusional dumb players like Dembele that's a plus no?

CatalinR10

You obviously have a kind soul and prefer to see the positivity in things , give people a million chances and so on but :

Money doesn't grow on trees and we paid for this guy 140 mil iirc and gave him the opportunity to play for one of the most prestige clubs ever , not to mention playing with Messi in a top tier team at the moment we got him. For that amount of money he should have given his life on the field every game and be forever grateful to us but what did he do ?

- hide the fact that he had discomfort thus making him be injured for.... 6 moths first time ?

- hide a discomfort once again making him be injured again

- be injured for like half the time he played for us

- eat from fast foods and fire the cooking chef Barca hired for him

- stay up late playing on PS and miss training multiple times

- be dumb as a fuck on the field and either shoot 15-20 meters away or above from the goal 95% of the time

- miss a sitter vs Liverpool that would have made us go to the finals

- have an attitude of a diva and give the feeling that you don't care that you play for Barcelona

- keep on stalling/ignoring offers from Barcelona untill his last 6 months here for obvious reasons

- I could go on and on but you get the point

After all these he has the AUDACITY to actually ask the club for 40 mil/year and 30 mil or whatever signing bonus ??????

And in regards to top 4 , we'll get there without him. How is he gonna help us ? Score double the goals he scored so far this season almost in February , making it 2 goals in the end all season in all competitions ?

He can go fuck himself and I hope the club puts him in the stands for the last 6 months.

Last edited:

Windhook

He won't be the first player who didn't play or barely played with 6 months left on his contract.

Didn't see Real Madrid having issues signing players after Khedira was warming the bench or the stands for most of his last season, just to use them as an example here.

I don't see much of a scandal here with Dembouz. A lot of clubs apply this penalty on outgoing on free players. What surprises most is that Barca is doing this currently, but Dembele and his agent fooled us for half a year with cosmic salary demands knowing that the club is struggling with finances. The decision to freeze Dembele comes from the technical staff, we are desperate of his services but the disloyalty shown by him for the club comes in first place.

behindbrowneyes

Nobody needs him. Free, with a small salary, in a second-echelon club or on the bench of a top club, yes. But he doesn?t want that.

French media was reporting that no one has made him an offer yet.

Catalan media was reporting that Bayern and United have shown loose interest in him some weeks ago. I doubt Bayern is still interested after Coman has finally extended his contract. I also wonder why United would want him looking at their depth on the wings.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You obviously have a kind soul and prefer to see the positivity in things , give people a million chances and so on but :

Money doesn't grow on trees and we paid for this guy 140 mil iirc and gave him the opportunity to play for one of the most prestige clubs ever , not to mention playing with Messi in a top tier team at the moment we got him. For that amount of money he should have given his life on the field every game and be forever grateful to us but what did he do ?

- hide the fact that he had discomfort thus making him be injured for.... 6 moths first time ?

- hide a discomfort once again making him be injured again

- be injured for like half the time he played for us

- eat from fast foods and fire the cooking chef Barca hired for him

- stay up late playing on PS and miss training multiple times

- be dumb as a fuck on the field and either shoot 15-20 meters away or above from the goal 95% of the time

- miss a sitter vs Liverpool that would have made us go to the finals

- have an attitude of a diva and give the feeling that you don't care that you play for Barcelona

- keep on stalling/ignoring offers from Barcelona untill his last 6 months here for obvious reasons

- I could go on and on but you get the point

After all these he has the AUDACITY to actually ask the club for 40 mil/year and 30 mil or whatever signing bonus ??????

And in regards to top 4 , we'll get there without him. How is he gonna help us ? Score double the goals he scored so far this season almost in February , making it 2 goals in the end all season in all competitions ?

He can go fuck himself and I hope the club puts him in the stands for the last 6 months.

I agree with you that that Dembele can go fuck himself and we should not raise our offer, we should even withdraw our offer like Bayern did with Alaba, and I don't dispute the stuff you wrote about the shitty stuff that has happened since he got here, that is not the point, I kept saying again and again.

It all comes down to this: Which one is more important? Pride, or the feeling of achieving satisfaction of knowing that we are hurting someone and getting a payback vs. practical goal of doing everything we can to help us achieve our most important goal this season, which is to make it to the top 4?

I am in the camp of the latter, and a lot of people here are in the camp of the former. Nobody is wrong, just different priorities.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't see much of a scandal here with Dembouz. A lot of clubs apply this penalty on outgoing on free players. What surprises most is that Barca is doing this currently, but Dembele and his agent fooled us for half a year with cosmic salary demands knowing that the club is struggling with finances. The decision to freeze Dembele comes from the technical staff, we are desperate of his services but the disloyalty shown by him for the club comes in first place.

Another issue I have is how we're willing to accommodate Sergi Roberto who didn't lower his salary to help the club or agreed on an extension yet.

Somehow we're still willing to play it fair with him and holding talks over an extension. If we were talking about an elite, world class player I'd understand. There are different rules for those, but Sergi Roberto nor Dembele are that.

CatalinR10

It all comes down to this: Which one is more important? Pride, or the feeling of achieving satisfaction of knowing that we are hurting someone and getting a payback vs. practical goal of doing everything we can to help us achieve our most important goal this season, which is to make it to the top 4?

I get your point but honestly I don't think he even cares that much to the point that he'll feel hurt or anything of that sort.

Guy is a milionaire and will get to chill for 6 months while being paid and will get a big fat bonus from whichever team is dumb enough to offer him big money.

World cup won't affect him since it's is in winter and he'll get enough playing time untill then.

Him being in the stands is not necessarily the club wanting to hurt him , but to give a message to future players to not pull shit like this.

If you don't want to continue at the club , fine , no problem. Anounce the club in time so that the club can get some money for you since it paid and absurd amount of 140 mil in the first place. Not act dumb like you don't know what you will do in the future , only to get a big check somewhere else.

Windhook

I am in the camp of the latter, and a lot of people here are in the camp of the former. Nobody is wrong, just different priorities.

I am partly still on this, Dembele is still useful part of the club, but he burnt all bridges for any return to the squad with that Instagram post. Cannot imagine productive training sessions involving unmotivated Dembele, he might try a lot of rugby shots again.

Example is Edgar Davids after his fantastic loan spell in 2004 was about sign with Barca in the long term, but his demands were way higher and got rejected, then he joined Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans