Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

And you don't see how deliberately hurting a players career comes off as pathetic and desperate? Does this really portray Barca as a well run, professional club?

Players are dumb and agents can be cunts, nothing new. If it really went down like they say and Sissoko just came with these demands out of nowhere club could've just said "no here is the maximum we offer under these circumstances, take it or leave it". And then be done with it. Come out with a statement no agreement could be reached and thats it.

There was no need for this drama. No need for these threats of hurting his career. Is this really the kind of behavior we want to be associated with? I don't think that's a good look in any way.

Yup make an example of that bungler

JamDav1982

The clubs spoke shit about Dembele being best winger in world and better than Mbappe as they wanted him to renew for financial reasons.

He saw right through it and signing of Torres most likely just compounded it on top of them telling him they have no money.

Club spoke shite and it didnt work. Same as they did with Messi before dumping him.

To be honest dont blame them as they are doing all they can in tough situation but to make out the club were just all sweetness and honesty while Dembele and agent were ruining it all is miles off reality.

If they push on and stick him in stands or pay him to leave in order to try and have last word it is just a shit show from beginning to the end.

Messigician

Too many betas on this forum

Crying if some mercenary doesn't want to come to Barca now because of how we created poor Dembele

You're pathetic

I am oot

Birdy

And you don't see how deliberately hurting a players career comes off as pathetic and desperate? Does this really portray Barca as a well run, professional club?

Players are dumb and agents can be cunts, nothing new. If it really went down like they say and Sissoko just came with these demands out of nowhere club could've just said "no here is the maximum we offer under these circumstances, take it or leave it". And then be done with it. Come out with a statement no agreement could be reached and thats it.

There was no need for this drama. No need for these threats of hurting his career. Is this really the kind of behavior we want to be associated with? I don't think that's a good look in any way.

Well, like I said in response to Luft, I don't think it's petty or pathetic or desperate.

I think it's ethically and morally just FAIR.
Agent and player get what they deserve for the way they acted.

It's the same message that was sent with Moriba's case: You can't fuck around with the club.
With the difference that Moriba's agents were clever enough to backtrack the last moment and find a club to sell him to

slvtn

Let's face it: he will leave for free in the summer und will get some nice hand money. We will then buy him again in seven or eight years, just to continuously repeat the same mistakes.

JamDav1982

Well, like I said in response to Luft, I don't think it's petty or pathetic or desperate.

It's the same message that was sent with Moriba's case: You can't fuck around with the club.
With the difference that Moriba's agents were clever enough to backtrack the last moment and find a club to sell him to

Not even remotely like Moriba case and Barca have already lost on Dembele either way as wanted him to renew.

Porque

Signing of Ferran and Dembele wage renewal are two unrelated contracts.

Dembele refusing to sign because Ferran is getting signed is like Ferran refusing to sign because Dembele new contract is higher than his offer.

Illogical.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The player agreed terms with PSG per reports.
Per reports as well, Barca could not agree with PSG on fee/players to be loaned.

Now, you can easily imagine that if Moussa was acting in earnest here, he would have brought PSG's offer at least 2-3 weeks before, let alone some months before,
so there could be enough time for the two clubs to negotiate and agree on fee/players to be loaned

This is your speculation only. To me it makes no sense PSG would go after him and presented us an offer 2 or 3 weeks earlier because PSG, or any club which might be interested in getting Dembele, is playing on our desperation to get rid of him. As the window drew closer to its closure, we became more desperate to sell him and hence we would lower our asking price much more than say, 2 or 3 weeks before.

I detest Sissoko a lot, but I can't blame the lack of offer or the late offer from PSG on him.

JamDav1982

Signing of Ferran and Dembele wage renewal are two unrelated contracts.

Dembele refusing to sign because Ferran is getting signed is like Ferran refusing to sign because Dembele new contract us higher than his offer.

Illogical.

Nope they are completely related if clubs signs player in similar position and spends 65m when telling him he is better than Mbappe but should take a wage drop.

Birdy

This is your speculation only. To me it makes no sense PSG would go after him and presented us an offer 2 or 3 weeks earlier because PSG, or any club which might be interested in getting Dembele, is playing on our desperation to get rid of him. As the window drew closer to its closure, we became more desperate to sell him and hence we would lower our asking price much more than say, 2 or 3 weeks before.

I detest Sissoko a lot, but I can't blame the lack of offer or the late offer from PSG on him.

Not really.
Negotiations between clubs can drag long, but it's crucial WHEN they actually start.
PSG could play with our desperation anyway by letting negotiations drag, but it they had started earlier an agreement could have been reached even not beneficial for us

MTL_Barca

Well agree to a disagree then. I think that's not what any run football club should resort to. Personal revenge on some greedy agent/player doesn't get us anywhere, better just avoid dealing with these kind of people altogether and keep everything calm and professional.

They could send Dembele to the stands either way (with Xavis approval), no need for the drama. They just try to mask their own desperation, if the club was really that strong they would've just told Sissoko to fuck off and be done with it. THAT is how they should handle these greedy agents imo, but club was too weak to do that. Too desperate to get that renewal done.

khaled_a_d

What message? "If you fool us we will still try to renew with you, and if not we're gonna pay you for sitting at home playing FIFA"

Yeah we really showed him there :boss:

There is no winning for Barca in this case. And i don't even see how this behavior should ever help us, compared to how it further and further damages the image of the club. No matter how hard they try to make out Sissoko and Dembele as the ones responsible for this shit it's still a very bad look for Barca.

Professional solution would've been not having any media drama at all. Being able to register Ferran immediately. And then handle the Dembele case without all these silly threats, just be quiet and do business. And let Xavi decide how to handle the player, because managing the players he has is his job.

Come on now.
Damage of the image?
The club has just signed 4 players, including one that 4 months ago no one imagined City would sell, one that was mad at the club before, one that is managed by Mendes who is top 3 agents in the game.
It doesn't matter really, Barca is too big of a club for an agent to care that much about this stuff.
The whole "be above it" is a nonsense IMO, we were classy under Bartou and it only helped to destroy the club.
Also fans always wanted the club to show some transparency, it is happening now (specially after the Messi fiasco) and people complain about us not being classy.
Nah, fuck this shit.
Laporta didn't insult the guy, he just said Dembele didn't answer and they don't understand his position. Sounds fair to me.
Putting him in the stands is our right, I mean RM did for sometime with Bale and he is a player who was decisive in 3 of their CL wins.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
The player agreed terms with PSG per reports.
Per reports as well, Barca could not agree with PSG on fee/players to be loaned.

Now, you can easily imagine that if Moussa was acting in earnest here, he would have brought PSG's offer at least 2-3 weeks before, let alone some months before,
so there could be enough time for the two clubs to negotiate and agree on fee/players to be loaned

But, this was also part of Moussa's strategy. Now it will backfire in Dembouz's career.

Substantial decrease now, slight increase from his current base salary later.
Then, bringing players is separate from the wage these players get.
On how much is Ferran?
On how much is Adama?
On how much is Auba?
On how much is Dany?
These people are getting peanuts in comparison with Dembele's both current and proposed salary

Cm'on dude,
it's clear that Moussa wanted to milk the club or find another club to milk

Players aren't going to just look at what other players at barca are getting paid but also what the club spends which includes the transfer fee.

Analogy :
As an employee company tells me I have to drop 30k off my salary for for the next 1-2 years and might hit close to what I'm earning now after the 2nd year of I hit all. My kpis, yet they also tell me I'm one of the best in the business. I think OK that's cool I like this place I'll think about staying even though I know I could probably get more elsewhere.
Company then spends 20m to purchase a machine and employees foreign workers and half my current pay. I'm not going to think ah that's cool. I understand it, I'm going to think you mother fuckers lied to me, you obviously have enough money to buy the machine you could of paid me instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans