Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Which all points to Dembele not being all that desperate to move in January and either not believing he wont play or being happy to take the 'punishment'.

Either way it has happened on Dembeles terms as he was aware of threat.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not really.
Negotiations between clubs can drag long, but it's crucial WHEN they actually start.
PSG could play with our desperation anyway by letting negotiations drag, but it they had started earlier an agreement could have been reached even not beneficial for us

But the question is why, why would PSG want to start the negotiations earlier? They are not in dire need to sign Dembele this window, if they wanted him (I doubt it), they could have easily waited 6 months and get him for free. Dembele is probably a nice to have player for them, not a must have player.

The fact is Dembele's market value and appeal have plunged so much that not many clubs want him.

Porque

This is your speculation only. To me it makes no sense PSG would go after him and presented us an offer 2 or 3 weeks earlier because PSG, or any club which might be interested in getting Dembele, is playing on our desperation to get rid of him. As the window drew closer to its closure, we became more desperate to sell him and hence we would lower our asking price much more than say, 2 or 3 weeks before.

I detest Sissoko a lot, but I can't blame the lack of offer or the late offer from PSG on him.

Dembele could have agreed with PSG for summer, with them proposing a nominal transfer fee this window to get him 6 months earlier.

Same thing happened with us and Eric. Forum (and board) were unanimous that City had an unrealistic transfer fee and left the deal till summer.

Seems we were more realstic with a Dembele fee this window than City were with Eric. So the reason nothing transpired must be something else.

Dembele having a loyalty bonus clause and sitting for 6 months perhaps?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Signing of Ferran and Dembele wage renewal are two unrelated contracts.

Dembele refusing to sign because Ferran is getting signed is like Ferran refusing to sign because Dembele new contract is higher than his offer.

Illogical.

Not illogical at all when the premise for the wage cuts is that the club doesn't have money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Come on now.
Damage of the image?
The club has just signed 4 players, including one that 4 months ago no one imagined City would sell, one that was mad at the club before, one that is managed by Mendes who is top 3 agents in the game.
It doesn't matter really, Barca is too big of a club for an agent to care that much about this stuff.
The whole "be above it" is a nonsense IMO, we were classy under Bartou and it only helped to destroy the club.
Also fans always wanted the club to show some transparency, it is happening now (specially after the Messi fiasco) and people complain about us not being classy.
Nah, fuck this shit.
Laporta didn't insult the guy, he just said Dembele didn't answer and they don't understand his position. Sounds fair to me.
Putting him in the stands is our right, I mean RM did for sometime with Bale and he is a player who was decisive in 3 of their CL wins.

Signing 4 players has nothing to do with the image of the club. Not just appeal and pull power to attract players, also image to fans and sponsors (critical for us to generate more income and revenues).

Being classy doesn't mean we have to be doing the shit the Bartomeu board did. We can be transparent and classy at the same time.

Nobody is complaining about Laporta's effort to keep the club more transparent, is it? All the findings today (wasted 30 million on nothing etc.) about the shenanigans the Bartomeu board pulled were good and necessary, they need to see the light. No dispute there at all.

Laporta didn't insult Dembele, but he further painted him as the party at fault, and this will achieve nothing for us.

MTL_Barca

Come on now.
Damage of the image?
The club has just signed 4 players, including one that 4 months ago no one imagined City would sell, one that was mad at the club before, one that is managed by Mendes who is top 3 agents in the game.
It doesn't matter really, Barca is too big of a club for an agent to care that much about this stuff.
The whole "be above it" is a nonsense IMO, we were classy under Bartou and it only helped to destroy the club.
Also fans always wanted the club to show some transparency, it is happening now (specially after the Messi fiasco) and people complain about us not being classy.
Nah, fuck this shit.
Laporta didn't insult the guy, he just said Dembele didn't answer and they don't understand his position. Sounds fair to me.
Putting him in the stands is our right, I mean RM did for sometime with Bale and he is a player who was decisive in 3 of their CL wins.

Don't see how other signings have anything to do with this. I don't mean it as "we don't get any players", more like the general perception of Barca as a club. Just usual PR stuff.

Seen many comments saying what a shitshow Barca is regarding this Dembele case. Most people i've talked to also agree with that. Having this kind of drama is just never good. Same with the whole registering Ferran saga, it just doesn't look good if that kind of shit happens to a club.

Not concerned about players or agents. It's business, they don't decide on joining or not joining Barca because of that. Thats also why i think this whole "sending a message" thing is a silly argument, as if the next Sissiko won't bring his player to Barca just because we banished a guy to the stands some years ago.

Being "classy" surely wasn't why Barto destroyed the club. Also would hardly call how they acted classy, last couple years there were countless bad news regarding Barca and funnily enough the signing of Dembele was also one of them. The image we had during glory Pep days is long gone, afterwards it was more one scandal and drama after another. I hoped this would finally end with Barto but even though i like what Alemany got done this window the communication around it and the whole Dembele drama don't look great imo.

Messigician

Signing 4 players has nothing to do with the image of the club. Not just appeal and pull power to attract players, also image to fans and sponsors (critical for us to generate more income and revenues).

Being classy doesn't mean we have to be doing the shit the Bartomeu board did. We can be transparent and classy at the same time.

Nobody is complaining about Laporta's effort to keep the club more transparent, is it? All the findings today (wasted 30 million on nothing etc.) about the shenanigans the Bartomeu board pulled were good and necessary, they need to see the light. No dispute there at all.

Laporta didn't insult Dembele, but he further painted him as the party at fault, and this will achieve nothing for us.

cant have your cake and eat it

Birdy

But the question is why, why would PSG want to start the negotiations earlier? They are not in dire need to sign Dembele this window, if they wanted him (I doubt it), they could have easily waited 6 months and get him for free. Dembele is probably a nice to have player for them, not a must have player.

The fact is Dembele's market value and appeal have plunged so much that not many clubs want him.

Imagine this:
Another agent, not Sissoko, who IN EARNEST looks for solutions is being informed that the club wants to sell the player after they failed to find an agreement.
He offers his players earlier, let's say 2-3 months ago, to clubs the player likes (like what Moussa did offering Dembouz to Chelsea, UTD, PSG, the last minute of the window)
PSG thinks it's an interesting opportunity, they agree terms with the agent
Then agent informs Barca that there is an agreement on personal terms with PSG.
Allemany picks up the phone and contacts Leonardo.,
And that's how negotiations officially start.

PSG would not have done anything different than what they did now,
the only difference was the time left that was dictated by Moussa's PURPOSEFUL INACTION

Players aren't going to just look at what other players at barca are getting paid but also what the club spends which includes the transfer fee.

Analogy :
As an employee company tells me I have to drop 30k off my salary for for the next 1-2 years and might hit close to what I'm earning now after the 2nd year of I hit all. My kpis, yet they also tell me I'm one of the best in the business. I think OK that's cool I like this place I'll think about staying even though I know I could probably get more elsewhere.
Company then spends 20m to purchase a machine and employees foreign workers and half my current pay. I'm not going to think ah that's cool. I understand it, I'm going to think you mother fuckers lied to me, you obviously have enough money to buy the machine you could of paid me instead.

But they didn't!
The analogy is false.
Barca didn't pay a single penny now for all 4 players we got. Installments in the future and future buyon clauses
That's perfectly in line with the 'We don't have money now' they told him

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Imagine this:
Another agent, not Sissoko, who IN EARNEST looks for solutions is being informed that the club wants to sell the player after they failed to find an agreement.
He offers his players earlier, let's say 2-3 months ago, to clubs the player likes (like what Moussa did offering Dembouz to Chelsea, UTD, PSG, the last minute of the window)

the only difference was the time left that was dictated by Moussa's PURPOSEFUL INACTION

But they didn't!
The analogy is false.
Barca didn't pay a single penny now for all 4 players we got. Installments in the future and future buyon clauses
That's perfectly in line with the 'We don't have money now' they told him

On finance or in cash anolgy holds It's a liability the club can afford to take on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Imagine this:

Again, too much "woulda" and "coulda" and " sholuda" there. Nobody knows what they were up to, perhaps they were still banking on the club giving in and presenting a better offer, perhaps truly there were no clubs that were interested in taking him with the kind of salary Dembele/Sissoko demand. Too many unknowns there.

JamDav1982

Real situation with Bale is not even remotely comparable.

They wanted him gone, went back on deal for him to go to China and then did play him despite him acting up trying to leave.

Joan

Barca didn’t manage this case well or sent a strong message as tried to suggest. I already said their hands were tied and that Dembele had an upper hand. So not much they could do but those ultimatums which tried to scare him into extending or leaving under the club’s terms were easy to see through. Dembele didn’t have much to lose either way and they should’ve approached the negotiations without threatening him.

Now start another round of negotiations or get the most out of him in the meantime.

feggydinho

? Not my point at all. I agree he owes the club nothing and should look for his best interests, but it's in bad faith if he tells Xavi he wants to renew and then his agents contradicts that or simply ignores the club. They were stalling from day 1 and wanted to keep Barca "warm". I can understand the club being pissed about that. And rightfully.

We wasted far too much breath on him though.

There's a difference between I don't want to play for you again and I wanna play if you increase your offer and even Pique said he understands whats happening between both parties as they're all protecting interest. It's fine to not increase our offer but all the funny stuffs with the media is petty to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans