Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If he had already agreed terms with PSG and why is he still here?

The club probably didn't want to give him up for free or for whatever peanuts PSG wants to pay us. Not his fault though. Dembele for sure doesn't want to sit in the stands for 6 months. Bad for his career even though he gets a free vacation.

JamDav1982

Well Dembele...

1. Doesnt believe he wont play football again this season.
2. Doesnt care. So that 'punishment' fails.

You decide Birdy.

Messigician

No, sorry you are terribly wrong here.
You are thinking it from the perspective of the layman and not the professional footballer.

It's really bad for his career and his development to not play,
It's 100 times more bad to not even train and use the club's facilities.
It will impact even the offers he is getting come summer

This, and it is why we must do it

Either make him do double intensity training to destroy his hamstrings

Or no training at all to make him weak as a little baby.

MAKE A CHOICE BARCA

Messigician

The club probably didn't want to give him up for free or for whatever peanuts PSG wants to pay us. Not his fault though. Dembele for sure doesn't want to sit in the stands for 6 months. Bad for his career even though he gets a free vacation.

Club wanted 20m for him

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I don't know what Barto did in approaching Sissoko for Dembouz renewal
But Laporta and Allemany conducted negotiations in earnest
They started since July trying to renew him, with transparency: yes you are important for the coach, the president likes you, but we don't have the money NOW to pay you/ The last contract offer by the club featured less base money the first 6 month - 1 year, and then the final years of his contract (when the financial situation improves) more base money than what he is getting now.
Do you see that as not in line with the 'we want you, but don't have money now'? Not really...

That's not what was reported though, it was a substantial decrease.
Secondly being told you are important for the club but getting a reduced offer when barca have bought or are planning to buy players for millions doesn't exactly bode well for the player believing the board done it all above baord.

JamDav1982

Exactly.

Birdy comes out with the most illogical nonsense will ever imagine and ends up arguing against himself every time gets tied in knots.

feggydinho

Playing him will result in him being in the stands in about 3 weeks maximum anyway.

The guy has barely maintained more than 2 consecutive months of availability his entire spell at the club.

He was available almost throughout last season so there's possibility of a change

mc_lovin

Not debateable at all.

He needs to want to move before should agree to it as club want it.

? Not my point at all. I agree he owes the club nothing and should look for his best interests, but it's in bad faith if he tells Xavi he wants to renew and then his agents contradicts that or simply ignores the club. They were stalling from day 1 and wanted to keep Barca "warm". I can understand the club being pissed about that. And rightfully.

We wasted far too much breath on him though.

OVI9323

Once upton a time, was a well know Captain who, meanwhile undergoing the transfert windows Storm, each year and each season, always kept calm and didn't budge against all odd.
Please let us hail captain Dembele

JamDav1982

? Not my point at all. I agree he owes the club nothing and should look for his best interests, but it's in bad faith if he tells Xavi he wants to renew and then his agents contradicts that or simply ignores the club. They were stalling from day 1 and wanted to keep Barca "warm". I can understand the club being pissed about that. And rightfully.

We wasted far too much breath on him though.

Or he may see it as bad faith when club tell him he is better then Mbappe but needs to take a wage cut while then go out and sign Torres and chase Haaland.

Works both ways.

Messigician

I mean it's one thing to agree to renew when club says we have no money

And then goes on to spend 65m on Ferran who plays in Dembele's position

It's clear the club just wanted to renew him to sell him later.

Dembele said no thanks I'd rather pocket the money the club would earn myself.

I am ooot

feggydinho

Nope you are speaking nonsense he shouldnt leave unless offer he likes as with any other player.

You have no idea if any of the offers were to his liking now or if any club he has agreed to came in for him either.

Usual shite.

Report came out stating that PSG would rather get him free next season, same with Chelsea and if this is true, then we can't blame him for not leaving and looking out for himself

MTL_Barca

No, sorry you are terribly wrong here.
You are thinking it form the perspective of the layman and not the professional footballer.

It's really bad for his career and his development to not play,
It's 100 times more bad to not even train and use the club's facilities.
It will impact even the offers he is getting come summer

And you don't see how deliberately hurting a players career comes off as pathetic and desperate? Does this really portray Barca as a well run, professional club?

Players are dumb and agents can be cunts, nothing new. If it really went down like they say and Sissoko just came with these demands out of nowhere club could've just said "no here is the maximum we offer under these circumstances, take it or leave it". And then be done with it. Come out with a statement no agreement could be reached and thats it.

There was no need for this drama. No need for these threats of hurting his career. Is this really the kind of behavior we want to be associated with? I don't think that's a good look in any way.

Birdy

The player agreed terms with PSG per reports.
Per reports as well, Barca could not agree with PSG on fee/players to be loaned.

Now, you can easily imagine that if Moussa was acting in earnest here, he would have brought PSG's offer at least 2-3 weeks before, let alone some months before,
so there could be enough time for the two clubs to negotiate and agree on fee/players to be loaned

But, this was also part of Moussa's strategy. Now it will backfire in Dembouz's career.

That's not what was reported though, it was a substantial decrease.
Secondly being told you are important for the club but getting a reduced offer when barca have bought or are planning to buy players for millions doesn't exactly bode well for the player believing the board done it all above baord.

Substantial decrease now, slight increase from his current base salary later.
Then, bringing players is separate from the wage these players get.
On how much is Ferran?
On how much is Adama?
On how much is Auba?
On how much is Dany?
These people are getting peanuts in comparison with Dembele's both current and proposed salary

Cm'on dude,
it's clear that Moussa wanted to milk the club or find another club to milk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans