Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

Fans have a right to whistle him and best thing he can do to respond is to put in performances consistently like this one tonight, even if he ends up still leaving

Just important to remember he has been here for 4 1/2 seasons and has yet to put it together consistently to warrant an extension much less the wages he seeks - this was one performance but an excellent cameo one

Let's see how this plays out from here until the end of the season

Fans didn't really boo him today(or they were very small boos compared to last game). Later they were chanting his name.

He played perfect game.

Rassvet

Dembele believes in the project of Xavi. He an his agent could go back to renew. (Jota Jordi)

#ChiringuitoBarcelona

Valdario

we need you to renew the damn contract!! the boy is playing like he got superpowers, let xavi cook he'll make him the next Ronaldinho

feggydinho

Dembele believes in the project of Xavi. He an his agent could go back to renew. (Jota Jordi)

#ChiringuitoBarcelona

I don't see him making any contract decision till the end of the season when he can easily compare various offers and I think clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, PSG would go in for him.

JohnN

Perhaps a player like Dembele needs an actual coach to attend to him and make him improve. Who would have though.

Messi983

Absolutely class today tbf. Different player now he has a point to prove. Wonder how he'll be when contract/transfer is done and he's back to having 4/5 years to just do what he wants, turn up when he wants. Time will tell.

Was just thinking about this. He's clearly playing for a new contract now. Will of course never happen but I think whichever team he'll sign for would do the best if they would give him a 1-2 year contract to keep him motivated. Not that I will care about how motivated he is if/when he leaves us.

Tbh If all brigdes between him and Laporta/Alemany (Xavi would obviously love to keep him) are not burned and he would accept club's conditions I wouldn't mind renewing him for 2-3 years. Still very unlikely to happen though.

Zidane82

Was just thinking about this. He's clearly playing for a new contract now. Will of course never happen but I think whichever team he'll sign for would do the best if they would give him a 1-2 year contract to keep him motivated. Not that I will care about how motivated he is if/when he leaves us.

Tbh If all brigdes between him and Laporta/Alemany (Xavi would obviously love to keep him) are not burned and he would accept club's conditions I wouldn't mind renewing him for 2-3 years. Still very unlikely to happen though.

Maybe a combination of the way we are playing and Aubameyang begging him to stay will be major factors ?

mc_lovin

Would be good if he renews (and I have been fairly consistent in saying this), but I wouldn't overreact after a great sub performance against tired legs.

Birdy

He should be a certified starter on the LW over Ferran.

The squad up front is super good when everyone is fit:
RW, LW: Dembele, Adama, Ansu, Memphis
CF: Auba, Ferran, Luuk

KingLeo10

I'm going to need to see these kind of performances v RM and AM domestically and some of our EL opponents (if he is given the chance, of course) before I forgive him for his shit tier production last 5 years.

Windhook

His best performance for Barca since he arrived in 2017. I'm still indifferent to his fortunes, though he adds up to the intensity of our game. And he's more effective coming from the bench, thus the chances of injury are reduced.

Xavi's ideas seem to click even without Dembele, as long as we have a solid midfield those passes will keep coming.

SeloBarca

Problem with Dembele is that he has one good game, then he has 10 games where he does nothing.
Also missing 99/100 sitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans