Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

I'm indifferent. Xavi made him into a good system player, but still not convinced he can be the game changer he was hyped up to be. But he'll be a good complimentary player to whoever will suck the air out of the room and be the "star"

feggydinho

Maybe not Raiola, but Mendes would likely negotiate a deal that makes sense for both parties. It's not like Ansu is on some crazy wages right?

If Dembele want to stay in Barcelona and not go to to Paris it would be in his best interest to accept the club's last offer but perhaps sign for two or three years instead of the usual five years.

Now if Dembele is indifferent and fine with playing for PSG for 3x the salary then good for him I guess. We'll find a replacement. I trust this management.

Fati and Dembele scenarios aren't same actually, Fati still got a massive wage increase and was 18 or 19 at the time but Dembele is getting a wage decrease and is 25 with massive hype(don't see Mendes accepting that, don't think any of his big players has taken a wage decrease at that age bracket). I'd still want us to get a more reliable rw even if he stays for competition at the very least or incase he gets injured again.

JamDav1982

Vastly superior player to Adama.

Makes no sense to pay 30m or Adama or even less if same amount could be paid to Dembele for him to stay.

The issue would then be other players asking for similar high signing on fees.

Still think he is aff to the PSG though.

feggydinho

Vastly superior player to Adama.

Makes no sense to pay 30m or Adama or even less if same amount could be paid to Dembele for him to stay.

The issue would then be other players asking for similar high signing on fees.

Still think he is aff to the PSG though.

Exactly, so to avoid this we have to let him go and try getting Raphinha (who would be around 50 - 60m if Leeds avoid relegation) plus another rw which maybe Adama or getting Trincao back.

xXKonan

Moneywise Dembele would be making good money at PSG, project wise he's just committing career suicide at this point.

PSG has shown to be nothing but Smoke and Mirrors. A team despite having a Prime Neymar, Mbappe, and other key pieces such as Veratti, T-Silva, Marquinhos over the years, and all they have to show for it is one CL final in which they lost to Bayern and the rest are just R16-Quarter final exists in which they implode despite having a goal advantage.

Something Dembele needs to ponder about.

Horatio

You're welcome
I believe Dembele to be cold-blooded and needs the Spanish sun. Possibly PSG prospect does not look as enticing to him.

feggydinho

I believe Dembele to be cold-blooded and needs the Spanish sun. Possibly PSG prospect does not look as enticing to him.

It'll depend on the kinda player he is, if he's after the money then PSG and Man Utd would offer good wages plus they're not really small clubs, if he's after making a name and all that then he would want to stay but most players are after the money and there's no shame in that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It'll depend on the kinda player he is, if he's after the money then PSG and Man Utd would offer good wages plus they're not really small clubs, if he's after making a name and all that then he would want to stay but most players are after the money and there's no shame in that.

Doubt he goes to Man Utd if he leaves. Will probably want some familiarity and because of that join PSG.

Just show him how Neymar begged to return and how much he regretted leaving for Paris.

DonAK

Why? I personally want him gone and replaced by Raphinha.

Xavi loves him and I bet if his agent/Dembele came back and said they want to accept our last offer they'll get it done ASAP.

But they probably want an answer as soon as possible as they have to plan for a replacement. Even if Raphinha is the priority I'd bet they want to look at a Plan B and C....

JamDav1982

Xavi would chose Dembele over Raphinha as a player and renewing Dembele would most likely be a lot cheaper than Raphinha even if did have to give him a big signing bonus.

Issue would be it not sitting well in changing room for one player to get that size of bonus.

Dembele will never get anywhere near the figures rumoured to be asking for from Barca though.

DonAK

Last offer to him was 8m net + performance related bonuses.

They should stick to that. His agent can fuck off with the 20-30m signing fee/agent fee he want lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans