Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

He is OOOOT

Everything points to Ousmane Demb?l? signing for PSG.

? @sport

There is a lot of distance between Barcelona and Demb?l?'s agents. As things stand, it seems almost impossible that he will renew.

? @santiovalle

Let him play his heart out for a contract and move on end of season

Windhook

He is useful and fits good within Xavi's system. One of our dangerous players lately, the board should consider renewal of negotiations. Dembele is in a different place now from what it was in December.

Co0ter

I don't trust him, as over the past 4 years he has done little to nothing to earn said trust.

Stay firm on the offer, or increase very minimally. If he doesn't want it, PSG and their garbage league will be there to welcome him.

TacticsTim

Some people are blind. Dembele will never be a top player, even against real he was awful, in the second half in particular he was losing the ball every time. Besides his assist for auba he was basically playing against barca.

OVI9323

Pedri: "Two players who impressed me most? Dembele and Busi. It's crazy." [MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]centre

Lot of player and coaches since to agree with how Dembele impressed them

Laplacian

Some people are blind. Dembele will never be a top player, even against real he was awful, in the second half in particular he was losing the ball every time. Besides his assist for auba he was basically playing against barca.

At his best he's capable of providing lethal final balls, but he doesn't excel at the fundamentals like other top wingers (Neymar, Robben, Ribery, Mahrez) do. He always looks uncomfortable with the ball. Very erratic passing. And his dribbling is just not convincing. He can rip apart a defense with his pace, but he just won't be able to elude 3 players with pure skill and control Messi, Neymar, and Ribery were capable of doing it. This isn't me complaining about him not being elite with ball control, I think the average winger has more consistency with ball control than Dembele does.

However, his strong areas - crossing, vision, and pure pace makes him an excellent option as a utility option in an elite team. Probably the best utility otions in Europe. But as a star player, the main starting winger for an elite club? I just don't think he's that good and he'll never be that good because of his fundamental limitations. Which is why he's not worth the salary he's asking for. We should take advantage of him and then let him go wherever he wants, it's that simple.

I think he can be adequately replaced quite easily by a winger of Raphinha's level (who's far from elite imo). He's not worth the fuss.

FC B

I'm tired of him completely, unless he accepts Barca's offer he should go for money elswhere, Barca already spent a big fortune for him and he did very little in return. If he renews and gets injured long term again I'd be very very pissed off. Hope he goes.

mc_lovin

I think he can be adequately replaced quite easily by a winger of Raphinha's level (who's far from elite imo). He's not worth the fuss.

The issue is Raphina will cost 40m+ and he's a side step at best. Dembele renewing with reasonable wages is by far the best case scenario. I am not even sure we could upgrade on him if we really wanted to (like who? Salah? Rather not - too old/expensive).

But yeah, if he insists on top wages he can fuck off. Not worth the fuss.

Laplacian

The issue is Raphina will cost 40m+ and he's a side step at best. Dembele renewing with reasonable wages is by far the best case scenario. I am not even sure we could upgrade on him if we really wanted to (like who? Salah? Rather not - too old/expensive).

But yeah, if he insists on top wages he can fuck off. Not worth the fuss.

Dembele wants (20m)40m in wages and a signing bonus for him and his agent. Cumulatively, Raphinha will cost less. I think a skillful winger with raw pace will be more useful to us than Dembele currently is imo.

jamrock

I'd take Raphina over dembele right now tbh, but in our books I think renewing dembele works out better for whatever reason.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Raphinha could have a Mane like explosion here. For some players it takes longer to put everything together and he's nearing his prime and in a setup like ours he could be absolutely lethal.

We've seemingly been playing hard ball with Araujo, Gavi and these other new signings so should keep doing the same here. At best I think we should increase our offer from 8m + bonuses to 10m + bonuses. Sign until 2025 so Dembele can re-negotiate next year or in 2024 if he wants and proves he can keep this up and stay fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans