Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I was talking about the possibility of challenging for CL. You can't challenge for CL when the opponent plays with squad players like Gnabry and you play with squad players like Adama Traore.

But I agree, we can take it slower and with more patience if the funds make moving faster impossible.

Chelsea won the CL with Havertz and Werner up top and probably got worse when tried to spend big on Lukaku.

Spending 50m+ on Raphinha as back up to Dembele improves squad as is now but doesnt mean is best use of it if need a CF etc.

I like Raphinha but cant see why when cash is scarce they would think of him and Dembele. No complaints if do but doesnt seem likely.

Not convinced Dembele will stay anyway as said.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We should sign Raphinha regardless of whether Dembele stays or goes.

Whether that happens or not isn't something I care much about discussing. I trust Alemany & Cruyff to find a way to make it work or find an alternative solution. So far they have proven to be a lot more competent than our previous SDs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think we can afford both Dembele and Rafinha, wage-wise.

Also Rafinha might not even want to come if he knows he will be competing minutes with both Dembele and possibly Torres.

serghei

Chelsea won the CL with Havertz and Werner up top and probably got worse when tried to spend big on Lukaku.

Spending 50m+ on Raphinha as back up to Dembele improves squad as is now but doesnt mean is best use of it if need a CF etc.

He wouldn't be signed as back-up. He'd be signed like a potential starter very soon. Could even play both, one RW and the other LW. Gives you a lot of options and a stacked team that can take on the biggest sides in Europe, as soon as next season.

Low-cost signings don't cut it past a level.

If it can be done financially, they should do it.

Last edited:

DonAK

They're in a tough spot when it comes to a CF signing.

Someone like Darwin Nunez or Jonathan David probably won't cost less than 60m and they're both quite the gamble.

Which they might have to take but we'll see.

JamDav1982

They're in a tough spot when it comes to a CF signing.

Someone like Darwin Nunez or Jonathan David probably won't cost less than 60m and they're both quite the gamble.

Which they might have to take but we'll see.

Wont sign Jonathan David but Nunez maybe if cheap enough.

Or more could go for older..Lewandowski/Firmino and try to wait for Felix to run down contract would be my guess.

DonAK

First thing we'll need to find out is if we'll be under the 1:4 La Liga salary cap rule for next season. If not we'll be in a good position to spend money in the summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
First thing we'll need to find out is if we'll be under the 1:4 La Liga salary cap rule for next season. If not we'll be in a good position to spend money in the summer.

I think the 1:4 would still apply if we go beyond our salary cap. The question is how big or small or salary cap will be, might go back to being positive but probably still not big enough. I think it is pretty much a given that we will go beyond our allocated salary cap.

Windhook

Dembouz is finding his spot under Xavi, one of the dangerous players. He grows on me, I admit, but his contract thing is a pain in the ass. No idea how will this resolve. One thing is certain - he is useful for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans