Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Cant see club having Dembele and Raphinha.

They will keep options open as are not convinced Dembele will renew would be my guess.

serghei

Cant see club having Dembele and Raphinha.

They will keep options open as are not convinced Dembele will renew would be my guess.

Would be a great hit from the board if they make it work. You need a solid squad. Look at the options of City, Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea. Their bench players are 60-70m worth players or more.

Bayern have Sane, Gnabry, Coman, Muller, Lewandowski. We need a front 5 around that caliber. Signing Raphinha while extending Dembele would get us close enough to the likes of top 4.

Liverpool have Salah, Mane, Jota, Firmino, Luis Diaz. Again, 5 strong attackers. It's a minimal loss of quality if Mane gets out for months and Diaz plays. City the same, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Jesus. Chelsea have Lukaku, Werner, Zyech, Havertz, Pulisic.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Would be a great hit from the board if they make it work. You need a solid squad. Look at the options of City, Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea. Their bench players are 60-70m worth players or more.

Bayern have Sane, Gnabry, Coman, Muller, Lewandowski. We need a front 5 around that caliber. Signing Raphinha while extending Dembele would get us close enough to the likes of top 4.

I doubt anyone thinks dont need as many good players as can but cant see Barca as they are now spending what it would take to sign Raphinha when he would be a back up player and a player that doesnt fit like for like with Dembele on right either.

serghei

I doubt anyone thinks dont need as many good players as can but cant see Barca as they are now spending what it would take to sign Raphinha when he would be a back up player and a player that doesnt fit like for like with Dembele on right either.

OK, then go low cost and struggle for some more seasons. When Dembele gets injured, play Abde again or some player like that. If you want to challenge soon for all big titles, you need a strong squad.

I'd say it's worth the effort to try and challenge for a CL in the last season of Busi, Alba etc.

This team is growing fast, and we need these players. If we can challenge sooner than we all expected, let's go.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

OK, then go low cost and struggle for some more seasons. When Dembele gets injured, play Abde again or some player like that. If you want to challenge soon for all big titles, you need a strong squad.

Not relevant to point made.

I dont think club will pay the money it will take to renew Dembele and then pay 50m+ for Raphinha on a decent salary when he would be back up and not like for like.

Unless Leeds got relegated and could get him cheaper cant see both at club next season.

serghei

I mean Real survived the season with two decent attacking options :lol:

Yeah, because we played half a season with likes of Ilias, Abde, Jutgla and such. Likes of Rodrygo are leagues better.

Not relevant to point made.

I dont think club will pay the money it will take to renew Dembele and then pay 50m+ for Raphinha on a decent salary when he would be back up and not like for like.

Unless Leeds got relegated and could get him cheaper cant see both at club next season.

Dembele had at least one serious long-lasting injury in every season he played for us I think. If he gets inured, our RW is crap.

JamDav1982

Yeah, because we played half a season with likes of Ilias, Abde, Jutgla and such.

Dembele had at least one serious long-lasting injury in every season he played I think. If he gets inured, our RW is crap.

Which wont be case next season and you are acting as if it is Raphinha or no one else.

Maybe club push for cheaper transfer for likes of Guedes with a year left. There are options.

If anything January showed how team can be improved through value signings.

Joan

If we renew Dembele, think that's pretty much it. Club has priorities and doubt a back up RW is among them, might swap Trincao for Adama if Wolves agree so we have a backup in case Dembele's out with an injury but don't see us spending big there.

Joan

Clearly not an American, her Spanish accent quite clear to me. She's a Spanish girl who forced herself to speak with an as close as possible accent to that of American. Sounds kind of forced pretentious and a bit annoying.

Don't be jealous.

JamDav1982

Yeah, because we played half a season with likes of Ilias, Abde, Jutgla and such. Likes of Rodrygo are leagues better.

Dembele had at least one serious long-lasting injury in every season he played for us I think. If he gets inured, our RW is crap.

No it isnt.

Torres can play RW and you are assuming no one else gets signed if Raphinha doesnt which doubt would be case.

Doubt Dembele will stay and if fear is he gets injured then dont even renew him as you want. Go for Raphinha.

serghei

No it isnt.

Torres can play RW and you are assuming no one else gets signed if Raphinha doesnt which doubt would be case.

Doubt Dembele will stay and if fear is he gets injured then dont even renew him as you want. Go for Raphinha.

I was talking about the possibility of challenging for CL. You can't challenge for CL when the opponent plays with squad players like Gnabry and you play with squad players like Adama Traore.

But I agree, we can take it slower and with more patience if the funds make moving faster impossible.

Joan

I agree we probably won't, which will be a mistake IMO. Is Raphinha a free agent by any chance in 2023?

Nah, 2024.

Realistically, Dembele (likely) and Fati (almost surely) will miss a bunch of matches due to injuries next season. That leaves us with Ferran and Auba who are useful and some backups.

We need another forward signed and I'd also prefer a RW (like Raphinha) to a 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans