Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Why? Mbappe was on 22m and they are ready to offer him 50m if he renews, Neymar is on 35m plus and Dembele is a free agent. Varane and Sancho are on 18m at Man Utd, Coman 17m, Sane around 18m. If I'm his agent and just interested in getting high wages, I won't settle for anything less than 18m especially if my client is a free agent with massive hype (it's the market, guys)

If that's true then fair enough

MTL_Barca

Why? Mbappe was on 22m and they are ready to offer him 50m if he renews, Neymar is on 35m plus and Dembele is a free agent. Varane and Sancho are on 18m at Man Utd, Coman 17m, Sane around 18m. If I'm his agent and just interested in getting high wages, I won't settle for anything less than 18m especially if my client is a free agent with massive hype (it's the market, guys)

Coman and Sane aren't on 17/18 net, that's gross. Idk about United but they better don't pay that net as well, would be pretty crazy.

Mbappe, Neymar...well Dembele simply isn't playing on their level. But if PSG wants to pay him like a top 5 forward good for them i guess, don't think he'll make up for it though but who knows.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Coman and Sane aren't on 17/18 net, that's gross. Idk about United but they better don't pay that net as well, would be pretty crazy.

Mbappe, Neymar...well Dembele simply isn't playing on their level. But if PSG wants to pay him like a top 5 forward good for them i guess, don't think he'll make up for it though but who knows.

Give up. These guys keep wanting to bring up Dembele's name next to Mbappe and Neymar as if he's anywhere near their level for weeks now. It's remarkable delusion to think Dembele's justified for wanting even half of those reported wages.

feggydinho

Give up. These guys keep wanting to bring up Dembele's name next to Mbappe and Neymar as if he's anywhere near their level for weeks now. It's remarkable delusion to think Dembele's justified for wanting even half of those reported wages.

What's Neymar's level currently, cause that guy is massively overpayed and we'll be fine if dembele leaves. He's free to pursue the money and PSG clearly has plenty cash to throw around

Messigician

Nah I looked up sane wages it's fucked

MTL_Barca

Nah I looked up sane wages it's fucked

Every german source i've seen reports around 20M gross. What is in line with every report ever about Bayerns salary structure. If other sources quote these they may mess up net/gross because in Germany it's almost always reported gross, some other countries usually report net salaries though so that often leads to translation mistakes both ways.

If they handed out 20M net contracts like that they would've kept Alaba, and also Sule who they didn't even want to pay more than 10M gross.

Laplacian

What's Neymar's level currently, cause that guy is massively overpayed and we'll be fine if dembele leaves. He's free to pursue the money and PSG clearly has plenty cash to throw around

Neymar was granted the 25m+ net wages when he signed for PSG. Based on his performances and ability he displayed for Barcelona. You know, when he was the 3rd best player in the world. They're not going to reduce his salary just because he has declined, that rarely ever happens.

Once again you're trying to look for an equivalence that isn't there. Once Dembele can reach prime Neymar's ability then his wage demands will be justified, we can start with Dembele hitting the 10 goal mark for once in his career.

Joan

Their similarities and differences aside, might have a future similar to Neymar's. Get butchered in Ligue 1 and decline.

20m gross would be considered a risk for any club in our situation keeping his injuries in mind, leave alone 20m net.

feggydinho

Every german source i've seen reports around 20M gross. What is in line with every report ever about Bayerns salary structure. If other sources quote these they may mess up net/gross because in Germany it's almost always reported gross, some other countries usually report net salaries though so that often leads to translation mistakes both ways.

If they handed out 20M net contracts like that they would've kept Alaba, and also Sule who they didn't even want to pay more than 10M gross.

Different cases. They felt Sane was really needed than with Ribery and Robben leaving, for Alaba, they already had Alphonso Davies and other good fullbacks. It's more of a case-by-case thing, they probably felt Sule wasn't worth it and felt Coman was worth the renewal after seeing that other quality options may still demand massive wages.

MTL_Barca

Different cases. They felt Sane was really needed than with Ribery and Robben leaving, for Alaba, they already had Alphonso Davies and other good fullbacks. It's more of a case-by-case thing, they probably felt Sule wasn't worth it and felt Coman was worth the renewal after seeing that other quality options may still demand massive wages.

Don't have to tell me, i live like 30 minutes away from the Allianz Arena :lol: I get to see plenty of Bayern news, if i want or not.

And never have i seen anything that would suggest Sane earns 20M net or anything close to it. Every outlet reports he's in the highest salary bracket together with Lewandowski, Muller and Neuer - what caps around 20M gross. Coman on a similar level since the renewal, the comparison to Sane was a big talking point there.

20M net is a crazy high salary that only a handful of players ever got, none of which plays for Bayern.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Neymar was granted the 25m+ net wages when he signed for PSG. Based on his performances and ability he displayed for Barcelona. You know, when he was the 3rd best player in the world. They're not going to reduce his salary just because he has declined, that rarely ever happens.

Once again you're trying to look for an equivalence that isn't there. Once Dembele can reach prime Neymar's ability then his wage demands will be justified, we can start with Dembele hitting the 10 goal mark for once in his career.

They made another renewal for 35m plus just last year and I bet no other club would've offered Neymar that, so they clearly have money to throw. So if Dembele feels he can have a piece of it, then he's free to. I'm not really bothered with him leaving as I feel he can be replaced, and we also have a good structure now, so I'm just enjoying the 2nd half of our season.

Jakabor

If Dembele wanted to stay he would have simply told his agent to accept Barcelonas offer. Look at Araujo.

Barca fans still root for this dude. LMAO. Just because he had a good stretch. Nothing has changed. Let he walk and sign players who want to adhere to the new principles and wage structure of the club.

Greedy agent, greedy player.

Let him walk to PSG and get paid there.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
You know he can want to stay, but also not want 8m net which is understandable considering the market.
No one here is willing to take a 50% pay cut to stay somewhere, I know I wouldn't and this is coming from a guy who took a 25% pay cut to move to a workplace with a better work culture/flexibility and I'm still not sure I made the right decision. its not an exact comparison but things can change quite quickly at the football club/workplace.

I think 8m is too low considering his market value coupled with his recent form + not being injured. offering anymore than 10-12m net though is suicidal on our part and honestly not worth the risk for us. I genuinely find it hard to believe they're asking for 20m net as reports indicate and think its closer to 15m which mean they'd probably be willing to make certain compromises similar to those Araujo made if we offer them that 10-12m but i think the club are sticking staunch and only time will tell is that's the right decision.

iniestaGOAT

If Dembele wanted to stay he would have simply told his agent to accept Barcelonas offer. Look at Araujo.

Barca fans still root for this dude. LMAO. Just because he had a good stretch. Nothing has changed. Let he walk and sign players who want to adhere to the new principles and wage structure of the club.

He's probably gonna get Injured once he signs the contract anyway. Probably faking injuries.

feggydinho

Barca would also have tried to improve their offer from 8m to 10m at least if they wanted him to stay. It's lower than what he's currently on but would've shown effort on our part, but the Club's stance and direction is clear so I guess there's no bad blood again even if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans