Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kul_z

FYo2h0RWYAAlpCA

Yep.

Tackle

Was more impressed with him jumping relatively high and heading the ball accurately towards a teammate than the goals. Normally he is unable to get more than a few inches off the pitch and the ball bounces off his head in some random direction.

Rory

Felt like they were two very saveable shots. Positioning on second goal meant Dembele could shoot nearly down the middle and still score despite shooting at an angle. People would have been fuming with MATS if he conceded these.

Horatio

You're welcome
Felt like they were two very saveable shots. Positioning on second goal meant Dembele could shoot nearly down the middle and still score despite shooting at an angle. People would have been fuming with MATS if he conceded these.

We have made fun of Szczesny here in the past. Not really rated that high as a keeper. Don't think anyone would want to see him at Barca.

Issue is also not that Ter Stegen lets saveable balls through. It happens to the best. Issue is the frequency at which he looks bad, stopping, not stopping goal, clearing the ball, coming out for a setpiece, misplaced pass.

feggydinho

Stegen would've froze for the second goal, as the three defenders were basically blocking the goalie.

Rory

We have made fun of Szczesny here in the past. Not really rated that high as a keeper. Don't think anyone would want to see him at Barca.

Issue is also not that Ter Stegen lets saveable balls through. It happens to the best. Issue is the frequency at which he looks bad, stopping, not stopping goal, clearing the ball, coming out for a setpiece, misplaced pass.

Oh I think mats is nowhere near good enough to be our keeper. I more meant the praise for Dembele's goals was a bit much considering they weren't particularly difficult shots to save, no one seemed to point out it was bad keeping. He deserves credit but I'd still have him firmly on the bench.

feggydinho

Oh I think mats is nowhere near good enough to be our keeper. I more meant the praise for Dembele's goals was a bit much considering they weren't particularly difficult shots to save, no one seemed to point out it was bad keeping. He deserves credit but I'd still have him firmly on the bench.

For me, its different profiles for different games. If there's a stubborn defensive team that you need to dribble through, I'll start with Dembele.

I think Xavi might opt for Dembele also as he pushed for him to stay, he also highlighted Dembele's performance in his interview today and the role he played in pushing for his stay, though he asked for consistency. One sure is that he and Raphinha would have their chances

Horatio

You're welcome
This year will be year of Dembele. He matured. Writings are on the wall. Got married, speaks Spanish, does not get injured. Let's go.

malvolio

This year will be year of Dembele. He matured. Writings are on the wall. Got married, speaks Spanish, does not get injured. Let's go.

Also plays FM and watches The Last Kingdom. But this is not new information.

Hopefully we wont regret keeping this moron.

vegitot

Only in Barca now people celebrate things like great goals in friendly like World Cup final glory.

State of current club :lol: Did celebrate some renew contracts so it is not new i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans