Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

You guys are all joking right? I don't know how you can can possibly imagine that he now can be player "without fitness issues"??? As far as I know with age you can only suffer more injuries. And eaven with world best physios, fitness coaches etc I doubt he will make it through the season injury free. In last 5 years, so between his 20 and 25 he had more injuries than some players for whole career and MOST IMPORTANT - every recovery took months and months and than he played for like few games and got himself injured again and again and again...

And I tell you now, at the season start he would play no more than 7 games without getting injured (or in total 630 minutes). I bet on that!!!
You said even if he doesn't get injured again he's not worth more than 40m. That just isn't true.

You don't get prime age wingers of Dembele's quality for 40m in this market, no way.

feggydinho

You guys are all joking right? I don't know how you can can possibly imagine that he now can be player "without fitness issues"??? As far as I know with age you can only suffer more injuries. And eaven with world best physios, fitness coaches etc I doubt he will make it through the season injury free. In last 5 years, so between his 20 and 25 he had more injuries than some players for whole career and MOST IMPORTANT - every recovery took months and months and than he played for like few games and got himself injured again and again and again...

And I tell you now, at the season start he would play no more than 7 games without getting injured (or in total 630 minutes). I bet on that!!!

You seem to forget that he featured in 30 out of 38 league games in the 20/21 season, and also 29 league games in the 18/19 season here. I'll be okay if he can make 30 out of 38 league games this season.

Birdy

You seem to forget that he featured in 30 out of 38 league games in the 20/21 season, and also 29 league games in the 18/19 season here. I'll be okay if he can make 30 out of 38 league games this season.

Basically since the start of the 20/21 season under Koeman
(when the players FINALLY started to do some physical work after the muscular destruction Valverde unleashed with his 'no physical preparation' regime for 3 years)
Dembele STOPPED getting muscular injuries...

During that time, almost 2 years now, he has had only 1 serious injury from Jun-Nov '21, and that was a knee injury he suffered with France NT, that had nothing to do with his muscles, and can happen to any player

Imagine someone being bed-ridden for 3 years, tearing both his hamstrings time and time again, and suddenly being fine muscularly.
Physical preparation must work wonders then.
Right Ernie?

Messigician

Basically since the start of the 20/21 season under Koeman
(when the players FINALLY started to do some physical work after the muscular destruction Valverde unleashed with his 'no physical preparation' regime for 3 years)
Dembele STOPPED getting muscular injuries...

During that time, almost 2 years now, he has had only 1 serious injury from Jun-Nov '21, and that was a knee injury he suffered with France NT, that had nothing to do with his muscles, and can happen to any player

Imagine someone being bed-ridden for 3 years, tearing both his hamstrings time and time again, and suddenly being fine muscularly.
Physical preparation must work wonders then.
Right Ernie?

He wasn't injured much in 2018

Stop looking for a scapegoat

Bobo32

Very stupid injury speculation from Birdy above. I wonder what he'll say when Dembele is inevitably injured again this autumn.

I would sell the player for 40 million pesetas, or lire, or pubes.

feggydinho

Very stupid injury speculation from Birdy above. I wonder what he'll say when Dembele is inevitably injured again this autumn.

The fact remains that players in our squad get injured a lot, cause Dembele has even had more league appearances than the likes of Pique, Pedri, Roberto, Fati, etc in the last two seasons, so something is definitely working for him, and he isn't even the most injury-prone player in the squad anymore. The fact that we have squad depth is also a great thing, in case anyone gets injured.

Birdy

Would love you to explain why it's 'stupid'

Facts:
1 non-muscular injury in 2 seasons of physical training

7 (!) serious muscular injuries and 18 months out IN TOTAL during 3 seasons of ZERO physical training

Oh, yeah, something must have been going wrong during those 3 seasons

Bobo32

Would love you to explain why it's 'stupid'

Facts:
1 non-muscular injury in 2 seasons of physical training

7 (!) serious muscular injuries and 18 months out IN TOTAL during 3 seasons of ZERO physical training

Oh, yeah, something must have been going wrong during those 3 seasons

The part about knee injuries not having to do with muscles, that they can happen to anyone, and that the fact it happened with France should matter is all very stupid.

Birdy

The part about knee injuries not having to do with muscles, that they can happen to anyone, and that the fact it happened with France should matter is all very stupid.

Knee injury is not a muscle injury. Is that something that is a point of contention?

Yes, can happen to anyone, even to players who rarely get injured (like VVD).
It happened to Xavi in 2006, who never got injured before and after that.
An injury that has nothing to do with 'being injury prone', but the propaganda here against Dembouz wants to include everything under that ridiculous tag.

Never said it mattered because it was with France NT. But it was a knee, and not a muscle, injury, that's what's important.

So, no,
more stupid are the people who are bashing on him

snowy

Knee injury is not a muscle injury. Is that something that is a point of contention?

Yes, can happen to anyone, even to players who rarely get injured (like VVD).
It happened to Xavi in 2006, who never got injured before and after that.
An injury that has nothing to do with 'being injury prone', but the propaganda here against Dembouz wants to include everything under that ridiculous tag.

Never said it mattered because it was with France NT. But it was a knee, and not a muscle, injury, that's what's important.

So, no,
more stupid are the people who are bashing on him

Glass-Charakterposter-Ilijah-Price-Samuel-L-Jackson-Disney.jpg
I concur :cool:

Only thread where Birdy's been consistently right

Played:
17/18 930 27.1%
18/19 1670 48.8%
19/20 355 10.3%
20/21 1777 51.9%
21/22 1411 41.2%
AVERAGE 35.9%

And that for 140m player... Joke... He'll never stay fit for the whole season, and Barca can be happy if manage to get around 40m for him. After all those injuries no club in the world would pay more for him + his attitude and behavior.

Last edited:

JohnN

Played:
17/18 930 27.1%
18/19 1670 48.8%
19/20 355 10.3%
20/21 1777 51.9%
21/22 1411 41.2%
AVERAGE 35.9%

And that for 140m player... Joke... He'll never stay fit for the whole season, and Barca can be happy if manage to get around 40m for him. After all those injuries no club in the world would pay more for him + his attitude and behavior.
I don't like dembele either, mostly for his decision making and inconsistent technique, but stats like these prove nothing. He had injury issues and big ones the first seasons.
Last season he was fit throughout and was rotated with adama depending on the tactical choices made by xavi. He has been mostly fit for the last 3 seasons so his issues are getting better. This doesn't mean he can't get another serious injury, as any other player, but it is not a sure thing anymore.

mc_lovin

I don't like dembele either, mostly for his decision making and inconsistent technique, but stats like these prove nothing. He had injury issues and big ones the first seasons.
Last season he was fit throughout and was rotated with adama depending on the tactical choices made by xavi. He has been mostly fit for the last 3 seasons so his issues are getting better. This doesn't mean he can't get another serious injury, as any other player, but it is not a sure thing anymore.

You mean apart from the first three months or so.

Messigician

Last 3 where he was fit 10% of the time?

Ok

feggydinho

Played:
17/18 930 27.1%
18/19 1670 48.8%
19/20 355 10.3%
20/21 1777 51.9%
21/22 1411 41.2%
AVERAGE 35.9%

This league stat is flawed especially if you're trying to use it to calculate his availability in a season, for example he featured in 30/38 games in 20/21 which is 79% but you chose to go with the minutes even though he featured in 30 league games, same goes for 18/19 season where he featured in 29/38 games, making him available 76% of the time. Same goes for this season where he was available for 25 games but featured in 21/38 games due to the politics about him playing and Xavi convincing the board to get him to play, so he was available 66% of the time and featured in 55% of the league games. In summary, context matters, an example is that you can't use Puig minutes for the season to judge his availability cause we know that's not accurate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans