Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVI9323

Has had fleeting world class form before. Don't care about preseason, want 30 goal contributions from him.

This, he's in amazing form but need to show this on the regular during the season. Maybe not 30 goal but I expected at least 15 goal and some assist... don't wanna see the 2 goal and "Xavi told him to do so" type of number

Horatio

You're welcome
This, he's in amazing form but need to show this on the regular during the season. Maybe not 30 goal but I expected at least 15 goal and some assist... don't wanna see the 2 goal and "Xavi told him to do so" type of number

But it is pretty clear Xavi told him to do so. He's playing way more freely now. Day and night with how he was stuck to one side of the pitch last season.

Don't think I have seen a single high cross from him this pre-season. His instructions have definitely changed.

feggydinho

But it is pretty clear Xavi told him to do so. He's playing way more freely now. Day and night with how he was stuck to one side of the pitch last season.

Don't think I have seen a single high cross from him this pre-season. His instructions have definitely changed.

Yeah, it's clear as day. He now makes runs to score also, so I see his assist decreasing and goals increasing this season.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Scoring goals mostly through solo Messi type effort isn't sustainable nor ideal for him and the team without a foundation of link up play from midfield to front three.

Devils

FY9UX_ZXgAAFfyv

OVI9323

I don't refute it, it's true that now we can see that he's way more looking for goal than assit But I still think that last year he was able to score at least 10 goal but could't do it due to his innefiency

I said that i want at least 10-15 goal from him because there is a chance that some game this season, Xavi will ask him the same type of instruction than last year to assist Lewa, otherwise i'd have wait at least 20 goal or more from him

JerseyAddict

The only real question is will he stay fit in legs and head to pursue such scoring trend in official games?

Can he for once stay fit the whole season?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Fitness is one aspect obviously since he was chronically unavailable in his first 5 seasons but I see a very different player than previously and I do wonder if it is all Xavi. He looks a part of the squad, not just in terms of communication (speaking Spanish finally) but integrated on/off the pitch. On it, I see a player seizing responsibility and delivering - it's a dramatic turnaround

Long may it continue

MTL_Barca

Dembele convincing BBZ would be the biggest comeback in football history. :D

Really looks better now, maybe this whole saga and him having to fight for a new contract (Barca or elsewhere) was good for him. He was used to everything always just working out for a long time at pro level, play a good season, try to force a move and then after just one good season at Dortmund made it to Barca for 120 fucking million. Hopefully his experience here grounded him. He'll also have to keep earning his spot because there is actual competition now.

Also Xavi and maybe just age. Hopefully the dude can at least somewhat salvage his career here, never gonna make up for the ridiculous price Barto paid back then but if he at least keeps playing solid and isn't constantly injured it would mean the decision to keep him was right.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi leaving freed him up dawgs. Look at that genius roaming on the pitch from him.

We should have kicked Messi out sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans