Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

He is a top winger. Compare him to others and he's not really worse. None are at Robben's, prime Neymar's or Ribery's level.

I would say he's even a bit under the likes of Mahrez, Sterling, Coman etc. Not much, but his finishing is really shite. Man can't deliver a composed calm finish. It's so wildly hit and miss it's crazy.

Two options for him. He needs to refine his finishing and use better shot selection, or pass all the time to Lewandwski and drop the selfish act.

SmilerBam

He is a top winger. Compare him to others and he's not really worse. None are at Robben's, prime Neymar's or Ribery's level.

Sure, i was comparing him to those. Comparing to others in the game now, he is worse, but not by much. Still,i can't consider him a top player, or winger for that matter, with his finishing skills and his erratic decisions on the pitch. I am maybe older than the average on this forum now and of course i compare him with players from the past( the generation from the 80's and early 90's).

feggydinho

Not a selfish player at all. That is the least of his problems. Folk reading far too much into one moment.

Forwards have selfish moments, so nothing new even from top players like Salah, Messi, Ronaldo, or what have you as they sometimes attempt goals even when they're easily better-placed players elsewhere. He should've passed that ball though or scored though

It's only an issue if they keep on being selfish consistently. Xavi was angry at him in the Valladolid match for always passing and rarely shooting.

He's easily a top winger currently alongside Koman, Sterling etc

Last edited:

Temptation

He's not a World Class winger.

Players like Mane, Vinicus, Sterling, etc are.

He isn't at their level.

I'm not considering wide forwards like Salah, Son, Mbappe as wingers here.

His level is Coman, Gnabry, Sane, etc.

As soon as he loses a little bit of pace, he'll be a bang average player.

Birdy

Dembele: "There was a point where I was so afraid of injuries. I would worry about getting injured after doing every turn. Everything changed when Koeman came."

So, when the player himself confirms, I imagine there shouldn't be any debate from now on as to what caused his injuries and what changed...
Happy to collect my W

#NoPhysicalPreparationErnieball

KingLeo10

Dembele: "There was a point where I was so afraid of injuries. I would worry about getting injured after doing every turn. Everything changed when Koeman came."

So, when the player himself confirms, I imagine there shouldn't be any debate from now on as to what caused his injuries and what changed...
Happy to collect my W

[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] looks like your beloved Ernesto is at fault

FinBarcelonafan

Happy to collect my W

Sounds like Ansu right now..

Horatio

You're welcome
Siuuuuuu.....told you lads some of the physical improvements already started with Koeman instead of Xavi. Said before that the improvement in physicality and stamina is not something that can be achieved in just 4-6 months already with Xavi at helm. The changes we were seeing were the result of a process started much longer before.

L for serghei wanting to attribute all improvements to Xavi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans