Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

IT's not revenge exactly, it's more a statement to everyone out there (players and agents) that you can't fuck with the club
There are things that go beyond wages and book balance
I explained it in many posts

Let's say we go ahead with this (paying his full wage and terminating his contract), do you think it'll stop the next player from taking the same decision if given the opportunity? The lesson here for Barca should be to stop any player from having the kinda opportunity or cards that Dembele has right now, cause I can bet you that many players would still behave the same way if given the opportunity

Birdy

Let's say we go ahead with this (paying his full wage and terminating his contract), do you think it'll stop the next player from taking the same decision if given the opportunity? The lesson here for Barca should be to stop any player from having the kinda opportunity or cards that Dembele has right now, cause I can bet you that many players would still behave the same way if given the opportunity

That is correct, but the cards were given to him by Barto.
Laporta and Allemany had little room and options.

The problem is, as I explained 100 times already, that Moussa was not acting IN EARNEST towards either renewing or leaving.
He had a strategy all along that was malicious to the club.
That kind of behavior should not be tolerated.
Allemany is right on this.
There should be a statement to everyone

JamDav1982

That is correct, but the cards were given to him by Barto.
Laporta and Allemany had little room and options.

The problem is, as I explained 100 times already, that Moussa was not acting IN EARNEST towards either renewing or leaving.
He had a strategy all along that was malicious to the club.
That kind of behavior should not be tolerated.
Allemany is right on this.
There should be a statement to everyone

Brilliant.. so he can take letter of freedom, get payed weekly, got to some club for ?1 a week and train there until summer while Barca pay him full salary. Missing next four months of season.

Or he can refuse it.. wait to get whole salary.. train with another for less than 4 months until season ends.

There is no scenario he cant train as you claimed.

The ones that need to learn from this is the club not the players. They failed massively on every objective.

FCMessi

so what Barca playing hard ball with Dembele that many considered have fucked Barca.

could not stop Torres, Traore, Auba bending over backwards to join Barca.

Not to mention many home grown players taking discounts to stay.

Maybe Barca's historical prestige, location and weather is just that damn good.

JamDav1982

Of course it wont and each situation will be dealt with in isolation.

Ilaix was supposedly the warning shot... took a few weeks to realise it did fuck all in relation to Dembele situation or forcing his hand to stay.

Barca acted desperate for financial reasons more than trying to set any precedent in not playing him as a warning to others.

Birdy

Brilliant.. so he can take letter of freedom, get payed weekly, got to some club for ?1 a week and train there until summer while Barca pay him full salary. Missing next four months of season.

Or he can refuse it.. wait to get whole salary.. train with another for less than 4 months until season ends.

There is no scenario he cant train as you claimed.

The ones that need to learn from this is the club not the players. They failed massively on every objective.

If he selects the 'release unilaterarly' option, and he can't play for another club until summer,
then he can't train or use their facilities
He may come to an agreement with some club to let him train with them.
Who would accept him though?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't even know what the club is trying to achieve with the attempt to release him right now. We will have to pay his salary regardless anyways, what is the point?

They are fighting a petty battle just to appear strong and unabetted in the eyes of the fans and the public. The thing is, it looks ridiculous to a lot of people already.

Birdy

I don't even know what the club is trying to achieve with the attempt to release him right now. We will have to pay his salary regardless anyways, what is the point?
Again: not everything in life is about money

They will remove the cancerous tumor from the body, and rightfully so IMO

Xavi does not want to train every day a player that will sit on the stands. I understand him.
Allemany has decided Dembele should NEVER EVER wear Barca shirt again. I understand him even more.

There is no other solution that releasing him either amicably or unilaterally

Windhook

No point in releasing him with paying compensations for the remainder of his contract which is probably 3-5m for 4 months. The logical step will be to utilize him until the end of the season, we look solid in attack with the new additions. Fans will boo the shit out him, though.

Birdy

No point in releasing him with paying compensations for the remainder of his contract which is probably 3-5m for 4 months. The logical step will be to utilize him until the end of the season, we look solid in attack with the new additions. Fans will boo the shit out him, though.

You don't get it. I answered it above
It's not about money anymore. His last chance was to leave in January
He is getting his money until June

ajnotkeith

Xavi does not want to train every day a player that will sit on the stands. I understand him.
Allemany has decided Dembele should NEVER EVER wear Barca shirt again. I understand him even more.

He is a cancerous tumour because he doesn't want to renew. Temper your language a little. It is a forum and he probably won't read it but think for a second, what has he done for you to hate him this much lol?

He doesn't want to renew his contract. That happens all the time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

It is not about everything in life is about money, it is about what we are trying to do. Setting an example? It won't work. We are doing it out of spite and that is PETTY.

Release him unilaterally? How does that even work? Kick him out the club with a paycheck for the next 6 months? You call that a punishment??

Birdy

He is a cancerous tumour because he doesn't want to renew. Temper your language a little. It is a forum and he probably won't read it but think for a second,what has he done for you to hate him this much lol?

He doesn't want to renew his contract. That happens all the time.

LOL:lol:

I used an analogy for everyone to 'get' why releasing him will do good to the squad as a whole.

Obviously, I don't hate him mate. I am his biggest supporter in here.
But that's on the football part. On the part of his shitty and malicious strategy, devised by his cunt-agent, I don't

Birdy

It is not about everything in life is about money, it is about what we are trying to do. Setting an example? It won't work. We are doing it out of spite and that is PETTY.

Release him unilaterally? How does that even work? Kick him out the club with a paycheck for the next 6 months? You call that a punishment??

Cm'on Luft.
Some of you are portraying a professional footballer as a lazy ass who doesn't even care if he plays as long as he is getting his paycheck.
It's a punishment if he doesn't play -> it affects the footballer's morale first and foremost
It's a punishments if he doesn't train -> it affects his capacity of still being a professional athlete
It's a punishment if he spends 6 months like this -> it affects his chances of getting to the WC with France AND the offers he is getting come summer

He can try find a club to allow him to use their facilities to train, but that would be hard too

But, bottom-line, it's not about some pleasure Allemany will get from the punishment.
It's about the STATEMENT to everyone around

JamDav1982

Cm'on Luft.
Some of you are portraying a professional footballer as a lazy ass who doesn't even care if he plays as long as he is getting his paycheck.
It's a punishment if he doesn't play -> it affects the footballer's morale first and foremost
It's a punishments if he doesn't train -> it affects his capacity of still being a professional athlete
It's a punishment if he spends 6 months like this -> it affects his chances of getting to the WC with France AND the offers he is getting come summer

He can try find a club to allow him to use their facilities to train, but that would be hard too

But, bottom-line, it's not about some pleasure Allemany will get from the punishment.
It's about the STATEMENT to everyone around

What scenario are you claiming he cant train in?

Wouldnt be hard at all to find that... and its for less than 4 months of club games left not 6.

There is no statement. Folk will be mocking Barca for how badly they fucked up the situation and left with all three worst possible outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans