Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

Agreed..im pretty sure that he will end up at a very good team where he will get back to his best. Hate him or love him but he is still very highly rated in the football world and at 24 at the perfect age.
All this unnecessary drama we created because of his contract was embarrassing i mean shit happens so what. He is not the first to run down his contract and he certainly won?t be the last.

He will be the last for Barcelona at least. In the Laporta era anyway.

respect to Laporta for trying to boot him out. Shame dumbele has no pride.

Blackstarr

He will be the last for Barcelona at least. In the Laporta era anyway.

respect to Laporta for trying to boot him out. Shame dumbele has no pride.

It has nothing to do with pride bro it just doesnt make sense for him to sign for anyone at this point. His contract situation should have been resolved a year ago minimum. That obviously didnt happen albeit for a multitude of reasons but thats on the club not the player!
By the time the winter transfer window came around and we announced the signing of Ferran there was no way Dembele was going to extend. And u cant just force a player to leave for any ol club just because u got and agreement with them. Lol it just doesnt work like that.
Laporta loves to hear himself talk he always has all this nonsense about i dont understand why he didnt accept the offer from england it would have been the best for him and us lol Thats goofy talk!
how u gonna tell a player whats best for them when the club only cares about their own interests.

Porque

Let's ignore the transfer fee paid.

If Dembele has had the exact same last 4 years he had at Barcelona, but instead playing for Arsenal, would you sign him on a free?

With his high wage demands and injury history.

Blackstarr

Let's ignore the transfer fee paid.

If Dembele has had the exact same last 4 years he had at Barcelona, but instead playing for Arsenal, would you sign him on a free?

With his high wage demands and injury history.

He is currently on 12m which is too much but for 9m Ill take a shot

As far as his high wage demands go.. do we even know what he is asking for? All this talk about 770k a week is ridiculous and imo so far from the truth. No way is anyone actually believing that

Last edited:

Porque

Definitely less. apparently we offered him a salary reduction of 40% which would be around 7.2 m a year plus some variables and bonuses

Going to refer to your previous post too. Agreed with what you proposed.

Doesn't make sense for a contract increase given how much he has missed, and despite turning 25 in a few months he would still be a signing based on potential. At we have still seen is flashes with brilliance and no consistency when not injured.

Knowing how Laporta board run before, I'm certain that whatever wage we offered is base pay with a substantial performance based proportion. Makes sense for the club but obviously risky for Dembele given his injury history. If he were injury free and playing, it may still have been the highest offer he has on the table.

Just no sign-on fee and a higher guaranteed downside elsewhere.

I'm just trying to get my head around how I would look at Dembele as a 25 year old (supposedly in that golden player window) free agent in the expired market and not at Barcelona.

And I think my offer would be around what our renewal proposal was with a nominal sign-on fee (so what Depay got). Oh, and we would totally get beaten by PSG, like where Dembele will likely be heading now.

I think he would just be looked at a former wonder kid who got gazumped by injuries.

Last edited:

Blackstarr

Going to refer to your previous post too. Agreed with what you proposed.

Doesn't make sense for a contract increase given how much he has missed, and despite turning 25 in a few months he would still be a signing based on potential. At we have still seen is flashes with brilliance and no consistency when not injured.

Knowing how Laporta board run before, I'm certain that whatever wage we offered is base pay with a substantial performance based proportion. Makes sense for the club but obviously risky for Dembele given his injury history. If he were injury free and playing, it may still have been the highest offer he has on the table.

Just no sign-on fee and a higher guaranteed downside elsewhere.

I'm just trying to get my head around how I would look at Dembele as a 25 year old (supposedly in that golden player window) free agent in the expired market and not at Barcelona.

And I think my offer would be around what our renewal proposal was with a nominal sign-on fee (so what Depay got). Oh, and we would totally get beaten by PSG, like where Dembele will likely be heading now.

I think he would just be looked at a former wonder kid who got gazumped by injuries.

I think its hard for us as fans to understand why a player might want to leave the club we love and support but a footballers career is very short so it makes sense for them to look at this from a business POV. Even more so when you are getting to a certain age.

Now If the offer we made was less than what the market is offering then it makes sense for him to not renew. Im sure his environment has convinced him that the only reason why the club wants to renew him is to sell him.
I think they are right about that. Barca did want to sell him before his latest injury and lets not forget the whole bring Neymar back fiascos in 2019 where they offered him to PSG.

I think Dembele wanted to renew and at one point was close to accepting the offer he had on the table remember when they said everything was agreed and contract will be signed in the next few days. Even Romero Dembele biggest fan since 2017 was tweeting that everything was done and the only reason why the deal is happening was because of the players effort and pressure.

Then Ferran signed and boom everything changed?all of a sudden Dembele is greedy and he is asking for 40m in salary and 40m in sign on bonuses for him and his agent which is no way true but i guess in many of our fans mind the only reason why a player would want to leave this club is money so the club did what they always do run a players name thru the mud and paint them as a greedy mercenary

behindbrowneyes

We can't know what's really going on in his mind. Tbh, I don't think he speaks Spanish and his friends/close people at the club are merely French players. Club got rid of his close pal Griezmann and it is an open secret that Umtiti and Lenglet are transfer-listed for the summer. Might have been one big reason for him to leave in the summer.

The arrival of Auba might make him second-guess his decision of not renewing his contract. Not gonna say he will, because I doubt Barca will present him with a competitive offer.

Kuchi

Bro we already say that vs Espanyol. Dembele on the bench gives us best option to win.

Yea, just to clear the air, I don't rate him at all, his unprofessionalism, lack of a football and apparently a normal brain make him dead to me. He's been dead since that miss against Liverpool. But we need players able to beat people 1 v 1 and create spaces by drawing an additional defender, or just drive the ball with some pace upfield and he does that, but in no way we should pay his wage demands for again ..a brainless unprofessional. We should be able to find fast wingers sooner or later more cost effective.

But for now, two fast wingers do look more interesting than anything we seen this season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If a good team makes the mistake of signing him he'll be warming the bench within a year or two. Will eventually end up playing at a team like Everton or something. Arguably the most overrated player of his generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans