Cadiz 44/65 - 67,7%
Sociedad 36/49 - 73,5%
Vallecano 31/50 - 62%

And in shooting numbers:

Frankfurt - 0 shots
Cadiz - 9, four on target
Sociedad - 3, zero on target
Vallecano - 5, zero on target

No assists and no goals for Dembele. Three losses for the team and one scraped 1-0 win, against these four teams who wouldn't get one of their players into Barcelonas eleven... Of course there are many reasons for the losses and many to blame, but is it possible for a team to win with someone playing as Dembele has done with nothing to show for it?

He has, of course, gotten to play 90 minutes in each of these games.

ajnotkeith

Demboules last 4 games in passing numbers

Frankfurt 36/60 - 60%
Cadiz 44/65 - 67,7%
Sociedad 36/49 - 73,5%
Vallecano 31/50 - 62%

And in shooting numbers:

Frankfurt - 0 shots

No assists and no goals for Dembele. Three losses for the team and one scraped 1-0 win, against these four teams who wouldn't get one of their players into Barcelonas eleven... Of course there are many reasons for the losses and many to blame, but is it possible for a team to win with someone playing as Dembele has done with nothing to show for it?

So now you care about assists? I thought they didn't matter before.

Bobo32

So now you care about assists? I thought they didn't matter before.

I don't think you thought that I thought that. I think I even answered a bitter response like this from you about this before?

He has made 11 assists this season, which is OK. It is 0,57 assist per game, the best number of his career (0,17 last year, 0 assists the year before, and 0,29 the year before) and the best in the squad.
Adama Traore has made 0,54 assists per game this season playing the same role.

Getting the ball as much as Dembele does, being told to play as freely as Dembele is, you'd expect it to lead to a lot of goals and assists. My post is about what happens when it does not. He is a pretty useless player then, destroying the team.

Total-Football

3 wingers today.. Every single one of them was penetrating the box as soon as it was possible,by way of making a run or just running at defenders. meanwhile dembele runs to hide in the corner. Did Mahrez or Foden or vinicius even for one time cut outside? Doubt it.

gasgas

3 wingers today.. Every single one of them was penetrating the box as soon as it was possible,by way of making a run or just running at defenders. meanwhile dembele runs to hide in the corner. Did Mahrez or Foden or vinicius even for one time cut outside? Doubt it.

Xavi asks him to stay wide, cross and inshallah.

See how it is the same when Adama comes on

feggydinho

Demboules last 4 games in passing numbers

Frankfurt 36/60 - 60%
Cadiz 44/65 - 67,7%
Sociedad 36/49 - 73,5%
Vallecano 31/50 - 62%

And in shooting numbers:

Frankfurt - 0 shots

We would've won at least two of those games if everyone played their role well, I remember demebele giving two good passes to Auba against Rayo and Auba didn't finish, same thing happened against Frankfurt (Frankfurt chances were even clearer). Dembele flaws are obvious, but our inability to win has to be shared by all and our problem is much more bigger than Dembele.

Iniesta Ultra

We would've won at least two of those games if everyone played their role well, I remember demebele giving two good passes to Auba against Rayo and Auba didn't finish, same thing happened against Frankfurt (Frankfurt chances were even clearer). Dembele flaws are obvious, but our inability to win has to be shared by all and our problem is much more bigger than Dembele.

I'm stunned by these shots on target %.

Dembele: 7/44 - 15.9%
Torres: 15/42 - 35.7%
Auba: 17/27 - 63%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans