Paul Pogba

Antimadridista1

Pogba is not a pivot :facepalm:

With Xavi leaving we will only have Don/Busi/Raki/Rafinha/Roberto...... Of course there's space for Pogba

I never said that he was a pivot, I think that I know him much better than you do. Been watching him with Juve since he came there and with France knowing that it's my country.
I said that he can be a much better pivot than Kroos. Both are not, but Kroos is shit when he plays as a defensive midfielder like he did during the whole season.

Anyways, I just said that because you suggested that there's no place for him in Madrid. There's definitely more chances for him to be a starter there than at Barcelona. If Pogba comes he'll be a starter. There's no way either one of Ivan and Andres don't start in big matches.

Last edited:

Bertus

Yep. If it's up to Bartomeu, Pogba will be signed for 100m, and stay on loan at juve until June 2016.
If Pogba accepts this, it will be done before elections.
If not for the transfer ban, it would already be done I think.

I think that Braida is now trying hard to convince Pogba.

M

monamou

I just said that because you suggested that there's no place for him in Madrid. There's definitely more chances for him to be a starter there than at Barcelona.
We have Iniesta (aging/declining), Rakitic, Rafinha and Sergi Roberto (both way inferior players) for 2 positions. Of course the chances of being starter are much higher at Barcelona!

Antimadridista1

We have Iniesta (aging/declining), Rakitic, Rafinha and Sergi Roberto (both way inferior players) for 2 positions. Of course the chances of being starter are much higher at Barcelona!

Sorry mate, no chance. Both Iniesta and Rakitic will be starters next season and Pogba can't be on the bench so I can't see him coming. Rafinha will play a lot more next season, as well as Sergi Roberto. The club always favored La Masia players and it will continue to be the same.

And once again I can't see the club splashing 100m for a midfielder that (in my opinion) doesn't have Barca DNA and has an unsuitable close touch.
It's just a huge bet knowing that a player like Koke can suit our way of playing, cost less (in terms of wages and price), already talks spanish and knows our players, and will take less time to adapt.

Morten

Sorry mate, no chance. Both Iniesta and Rakitic will be starters next season and Pogba can't be on the bench so I can't see him coming. Rafinha will play a lot more next season, as well as Sergi Roberto. The club always favored La Masia players and it will continue to be the same.

And once again I can't see the club splashing 100m for a midfielder that (in my opinion) doesn't have Barca DNA and has an unsuitable close touch.
It's just a huge bet knowing that a player like Koke can suit our way of playing, cost less (in terms of wages and price), already talks spanish and knows our players, and will take less time to adapt.

:neymar::suarez1:

Jair Ventura

?

You're mixing L'Equipe and Le_Parisien.

For example, it's Hermant from Le_Parisien who said Xavi would go to PSG.

And it was L'Equip that claimed the PSV director was lying about PSG's interest in Depay before the player himself, Van Gaal, and the players agent all confirmed he was going to sign for PSG before Van Gaal intervened personally. I don't know reliable media for PSG mercato, but I'm certainly going to be hesitant about believeing a story that suggest Pogba denied PSG because he doesn't want to be close to his family and friends(very old rumor), making him perhaps the first player in history to say suggest such a thing. Especially when they've been so wrong(Silva, as another example) so often in the past.

Nasser isn't telling these journalist anything, and neither is Pogba. This is guesswork.

Last edited:

Bertus

And it was L'Equip that claimed the PSV director was lying about PSG's interest in Depay before the player himself, Van Gaal, and the players agent all confirmed he was going to sign for PSG before Van Gaal intervened personally. I don't know reliable media for PSG mercato, but I'm certainly going to be hesitant about believeing a story that suggest Pogba denied PSG because he doesn't want to be close to his family and friends, making him perhaps the first player in history to say suggest such a thing. Especially when they've been so wrong(Silva, as another example) so often in the past.

Nasser isn't telling these journalist anything, and neither is Pogba. This is guesswork.
IIRC it was le_Parisien too about depay. They said that PSG gave up on him. I know that since I was the one who posted their news here.

Sure they got that wrong, but since 2011, those both medias were also right on many other rumors. Like Severac (Le_Parisien) saying DL was a done deal on L'Equipe21 (L'equipe TV channel)

And Pogba saying he doesn't want to be close to his family, it's not only Parisian medias saying it. Di Marzio did. Tuttosport did. Spanish medias did.

As for Silva. Them getting that wrong asides, PSG had a very good person to persuade those players to join: Leonardo.

When you read TS, Cavani and marquinhos interviews around when they signed, they all say Leo managed to change their view on PSG. Especially Silva since you like to take him as an example.

anguy

I said that he can be a much better pivot than Kroos. Both are not, but Kroos is shit when he plays as a defensive midfielder like he did during the whole season.

Kroos is much better pivot than Pogba, because of his passing ability. Both are not very good in defending.

Jair Ventura

IIRC it was le_Parisien too about depay. They said that PSG gave up on him. I know that since I was the one who posted their news here.

Sure they got that wrong, but since 2011, those both medias were also right on many other rumors. Like Severac (Le_Parisien) saying DL was a done deal on L'Equipe21 (L'equipe TV channel)

And Pogba saying he doesn't want to be close to his family, it's not only Parisian medias saying it. Di Marzio did. Tuttosport did. Spanish medias did.

As for Silva. Them getting that wrong asides, PSG had a very good person to persuade those players to join: Leonardo.

When you read TS, Cavani and marquinhos interviews around when they signed, they all say Leo managed to change their view on PSG. Especially Silva since you like to take him as an example.

You make some fair points, but French medias have given me ample reason to conclude they have very little inside knowledge regarding PSG's mercato. I think we'd both agree the Di Maria and Dani Alves sagas serve as yet another example, though I do agree they've correctly predicted some things. I also agree about Leonardo, but I'm of the opinion PSG is going through lengths to correct that as we speak through reintroducing Makelele to the managerial team and also potentially adding Camara. There's still a chance Leonardo returns as well, but I won't get my hopes up.

Though, I find Nasser influential in his own right. What other club president has sat down with Pogba himself on multiple occasions to discuss terms? Not a single one, to my knowledge. And for some reason I doubt the validity of the friends and family rumors, they're old as hell first and foremost.

Last edited:

Bertus

You make some fair points, but French medias has given me ample reason to conclude they have very little inside knowledge regarding PSG's mercato. I think we'd both agree the Di Maria and Dani Alves sagas serve as yet another example, though I do agree they've correctly predicted some things. I also agree about Leonardo, but I'm of the opinion PSG is going through lengths to correct that as we speak through reintroducing Makelele to the managerial team and also potentially adding Camara. There's still a chance Leonardo returns as well, but I won't my hopes up.

Though, I find Nasser influential in his own right. What other club president has sat down with Pogba himself on multiple occasions to discuss terms? Not a single one, to my knowledge. And for some reason I doubt the validity of the friends and family rumors, they're old as hell first and foremost.
No no no.

- Di Maria was about to sign with PSG. Even his agent said it. it's just that UEFA said no to PSG request to do a super big loan with mandatpry purchase. All about Di Maria was true.
- Alves, as I posted in the PSG thread, I have my doubts about him saying No when many sources from different countries say differently: france, spain, and Italy.

And you can't be serious if you think Make or Papus could do as good as Leo. Leo has a powerful reputation in the football world. Everyone knows him, and he's super popular.

Make and papus are nothing compared to him.

Perez did sat with Pogba right after the second leg of the semi final btw. Nasser did it just once in Monaco; nowhere near multiple times.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans