Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Modric and Kroos have a similar role as the tempo keeper. Selling one of those would be bad because then you only have one of that type of player, when you should have two for every position. James and Pogba would be the midfield offensive partner. That's what makes sense anyway.

It all depends on what formation they play too.

They could play a 4-3-1-2 with Pogba-Kroos-Modric in the center of the pitch with James as the CAM and Benz and Cristiano as strikers, but I'm not sure it'll work. Would be too narrow for their preferred style of play for the players IMO.

Anyway, Isco or someone else, you got a point that they'll have to sell or really struggle to keep everyone happy.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Oh yeah. Which is good for us because if one of their stars is going (probably to the premier league) we will have less competition for Gundogan/Kovacic.

dakt

I'm not for his singing and blowing huge buck. And as many, don't see so huge gap in our play that he could fill in. Yeah, Kovacic is better solution in the long run.

Bertus

Modric and Kroos have a similar role as the tempo keeper. Selling one of those would be bad because then you only have one of that type of player, when you should have two for every position. James and Pogba would be the midfield offensive partner. That's what makes sense anyway.

It all depends on what formation they play too.

RM lacked depth this year. I don't think they care about choosing between Modric, Kroos and Pogba.

As always Perez will just let the next coach to deal with it. Yet, contrary to last year, I don't see Perez doing the same mistakes again. He will also be sure to bring depth, even if it displeases some players because it would mean 3 players fighting for 2 starter spots.

Modric seems getting injury prone as he gets older, so take that in account.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I thought they had a lot of depth. Along with Bayern they had the best squad in the world. They can't use the injury excuse for their failure.

anguy

I thought they had a lot of depth. Along with Bayern they had the best squad in the world. They can't use the injury excuse for their failure.

Yeah, they had pretty good bench. The problem is because of lack of playing time, their bench players lacked match practice, so they looked worse, than they actually were.

Bertus

They had depth where they didn't need it. Ramos would never have had to play in midfield if Carlo had players on the bench good enough in his opinion to play instead.

I am not shocked in any way if Perez keeps all three. And I'd bet that's what he will do if he signs Pogba.

anguy

Except the fact that Isco is NOT a starter for Real Madrid while Pogba will be bought to be one. I see Bentiez employing a 4-2-3-1. He won't replace Bale or the RW in his formation. He won't replace Benzema or Cristiano and he won't replace James. So that leaves either Modric or Kroos.

He can replace James and James can be moved to RW. Not ideal, but what do you expect from Perez?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Actually thinking more about it, RM and Florentino could be poised for another 2009 type of summer where they spent €250M. If you put together the rumors about a ban, the lack of depth of the squad, new manager, Florentino's predictable unpredictability, and the fact they've done good business lately of buying high but also selling high to break even or close to it, I think a huge splash like that is not really so far fetched to expect.

09/10 and 10/11 was the last time RM splashed huge without selling big to cover, and that coincided with Florentino winning the presidency in 09/10 season and Mourinho joining in 10/11 season. Flo's unpopular Ancelotti sacking and a new defensive manager together, along with the other reasons, could possibly propel him to splash huge.

They also, unlike in 09 and 10, now have some assets they can sell as well, like Isco and/or Bale.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah Benitez is likely to want to play 4-2-3-1, that's his formation and he'll most likely play that way. I think ideally he'd want to play with Isco-James-Bale as the 3, with Cristiano up top, which means he'd want a pure DM and a holding CM as the 2. He has Modrid and Kroos to play the holding CM, but he needs a pure and good DM.

But this all means squat as Flo is likely to do what Flo wants. He follows only his own agenda and Benitez does not have the pull and voice someone like Mourinho had.

G

Gasgas

He can replace James and James can be moved to RW. No?

668.gif

Home of Barca Fans