Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He apparently doesn't want to be close to them, because he thinks it can disturb him in his work.

I posted a news about his best friend here implying that too.

But doesn't his brothers visit him often and watch his games? Perhaps it's extended family though...

DonAK

How's he ever going to be a successful NT player if he doesn't want his work to be in close proximity with his family and friends?

How many of the regular starters in the France NT even play football in France?

Bertus

How many of the regular starters in the France NT even play football in France?
Not much amongs the starters.

Matuidi, Cabaye (and both GKs mandanda, and Rufier mainly) right now? With mandanda and rufier being rumored to leave to EPL this summer...

B

Batman

CF7htZuW8AAsxYs.jpg:medium

I think most likely Pogba is heading to Barcelona. Perez will lose again like he lost Neymar. Bartomeu will do anything to sign him and announce it after UCL final and before the election. Regardless when is he joining Jan or summer 2016, Barcelona winning the triplet (hopefully) will attract more big names while Real trophy-less season and overall little trophies they won the past 7 years will give Barcelona an upper hand in attracting names. Beside Raiola and Perez don't like each other.
I can really see him replacing Iniesta in 2016

Bertus

I think most likely Pogba is heading to Barcelona. Perez will lose again like he lost Neymar. Bartomeu will do anything to sign him and announce it after UCL final and before the election. Regardless when is he joining Jan or summer 2016, Barcelona winning the triplet (hopefully) will attract more big names while Real trophy-less season and overall little trophies they won the past 7 years will give Barcelona an upper hand in attracting names. Beside Raiola and Perez don't like each other.
You compare apples with carrots here.

Ney said his preference was Barca, and that he wanted to join Barca.

Pogba is rumored to like both clubs equally. So completely different situation.

And if you want to count who managed to convince players, RM managed to snatch Danilo very recently too. Leading this forum to a little uproar when it happened.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
They did have assets in 2009. They sold Robben, Sneijder, Huntelaar and Negredo for a combined 70 million

Yeah they sold a bunch of players cheaply, I think Huntelaar, Sneijder and Negredo they sold for €14M or €15M each or something, Robben for mid 20s I believe. That's not comparable to now when if they choose to sale Isco or Bale for instance, they might get €50M for one and likely €80M for the other.

DonAK

Difference in Neymar and Pogba/Raiola case is that Juve and Raiola are saying those who offer the most moolah will win the battle for Pogba's signature while Neymar got a bigger offer from Real Madrid + his dad and agent wanted him to go to Madrid, but he himself chose Barcelona despite of all that. I doubt Pogba will do the same tbh.

gatsu

Replacing Iniesta?

It seems that people don't know anything about Pogba and the way Barça plays, the first needed quality in the Barça midfield is tactical intelligence, knowing how to make perfect choices and quick and smart decisions, Pogba is lacking in all those departments, he is more of an instinctive player, with him in the team we will lose even more control

Pogba will never replace Iniesta, forget it, you want Pogba in our squad then sacrifice Rakitic, the question is, can Pogba deliver the same workrate (quality and effort) as the croatian, don't think so.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Replacing Iniesta?

It seems that people don't know anything about Pogba and the way Barça plays, the first needed quality in the Barça midfield is tactical intelligence, knowing how to make perfect choices and quick and smart decisions, Pogba is lacking in all those departments, he is more of an instinctive player, with him in the team we will lose even more control

Pogba will never replace Iniesta, forget it, you want Pogba in our squad then sacrifice Rakitic, the question is, can Pogba deliver the same workrate (quality and effort) as the croatian, don't think so.

+1

You make it sound as if the only important thing is just to "attract" Pogba.
As if we somehow only need to convince him and that's it.
I mean, we can easily convince him and Juventus with a 500M Euros offer.

The question is: is it worth it?
100M for a player who is nothing like Iniesta, and while we already have a similar player in Rakitic here.

For what exactly are we offering 100M, or even more?

For people who want Pogba, where do you see him?
-- in Iniesta-Pogba-Busi midfield
-- or Pogba-Rakitic-Busi midfield?

None of these 2 choices make sense in this moment, and none of those is better than Iniesta-Rakitic-Busi.

DonAK

What??? Pogba never has the passing a dn tactical skills Modric has!

btw he is like so overpriced and overhyped. don't get it sorry..

With Bentiez likely to employ a 4-2-3-1, the only place for Pogba at RM would be in Kroos or Modric's position unless James is moved to the RW.

Home of Barca Fans