Paul Pogba

JamDav1982

Considering we paid 80m for 27 year old Suarez who no other club wanted to touch with a barge pole because of his ban, we should be prepared for 125m euros for Pogba IMO. The hype surrounding this player is reaching epic proportions and that has a very big influence on pricing.

Who says no other clubs wanted Suarez?

Suarez has been and will prove to be a bargain of a signing for how much he brings to the team. A lot of Liverpool fans think Barca got him cheaply for what he has brought and they have lost.

Jombi

Who says no other clubs wanted Suarez?

Suarez has been and will prove to be a bargain of a signing for how much he brings to the team. A lot of Liverpool fans think Barca got him cheaply for what he has brought and they have lost.

All I am saying is that there is that there is every reason to believe a guy like Pogba will be much more expensive than Suarez, considering his hype, his age/sell-on value and the lack of any ban/marketing risk. We should be prepared for 125m euros if we sign him.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba (22) told friends that Barcelona are his first choice. He would be willing to wait a year. [daily star]

It is Daily Fail, but still

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well at least he is not dumb enough to prefer madrid. If i believe the rumors verratti prefers madrid if he ever moves. Why can't it be reverse? Today i saw repeat of juve match against verona. He is not that bad, he is actually pretty decent.. dude has some serious skill. But still no where near the hype and regarding his position, he can fit right into iniesta's current position and iniesta's old position too. But he might have to adjust a little to share the ball well with neymar, he needs to learn not to overlap with neymar. It is hard but if neymar and pogba found a good linkup between them it will be very good. I still fear and neymar and pogba will take lot of time to adjust.

The main problem is how well can he rotate the possession, i have a feeling he gives lot of possession and doesn't help that much in keeping midfield balance. It will be a big challenge to make pogba rakitic and busi work. At present there are too many doubts about his inclusion in our team, very uncertain how he will adjust. And with so much uncertainty it is really bad idea to spend that much on a single player. If it doesn't work we will have to sell him for half the money we bought next year. This could either become suarez level transfer or ibra level transfer, hard to guess which direction it will go. But if i just want to just evaluate pogba he is very good prospect and has the potential to become a top class midfielder. I still prefer verratti, there is no uncertainty with him he will fit perfectly in the current barca setup. Too bad he is not available to buy but pogba is.

In the end if we sign him for 70M and for a salary of 8-9M i won't be that disappointed.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He used to say that be prefers either of the Barca or RM and after RM said they have no interest, ofc he'll say that he prefers Barca only.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He used to say that be prefers either of the Barca or RM and after RM said they have no interest, ofc he'll say that he prefers Barca only.

Too bad, he could have been a great addition to you guys. But i think perez wants to keep bale and play james in midfield. Leaving no space for pogba, you guys also need verratti type of midfielder with modric getting old and kroos not performing much in defense. One of the few logical decisions made by perez, but will he eventually get his wish? Have to wait and see.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Too bad, he could have been a great addition to you guys. But i think perez wants to keep bale and play james in midfield. Leaving no space for pogba, you guys also need verratti type of midfielder with modric getting old and kroos not performing much in defense. One of the few logical decisions made by perez, but will he eventually get his wish? Have to wait and see.

We're not chasing Pogba because we're chasing Verratti and potentially Kondogbia, CDM from Monaco. And I do agree that it's the logical choise by Perez, we already have way too many AMF's to play as CMF's.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Only ourselves and madrid could get him, if they've pulled out and we're the only ones left it might bring his price down.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Only ourselves and madrid could get him, if they've pulled out and we're the only ones left it might bring his price down.

Nah. City can get him, RM can still pretend they care to raise his price and both RM and PSG are working for PSG to get Pogba. And it's not like Juve is forced to sell, if they don't get a great bid they can just keep him. If Pogba scores a golazo and/or Juve wins that will just inflate his price.

Alen

Yeah, PSG getting Pogba is probably key to Verratti leaving for RM, so both clubs will make it hard for Bartomeu. But he has elections coming, so he's willing to pay anything. I don't see anyone being able to outspend him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So MD saying that elections could be held on 19 July or even on 12 July. Barto doesn't have much time, he could actually fail to bring him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
City reportedly is the favorite today according to AS with wages Barca can't touch. So much for yesterday's reports.

This is what AS wrote:"Madrid are not set to enter into an auction where Barça were also an interested party, before their 2015 FIFA transfer ban was introduced."

AS are clueless.

Jair Ventura

This is what AS wrote:"Madrid are not set to enter into an auction where Barça were also an interested party, before their 2015 FIFA transfer ban was introduced."

AS are clueless.

AS is no more or less clueless than any other publication following Pogba's mercato, but im not sure where the above comes from. I was referring to the report of the €17m wage offer in addition to the €100m transfer fee.

Home of Barca Fans