Paul Pogba

gatsu

He is right Silva is an average player going by Barça standard, just take a look at the spanish NT, in the middle of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta Silva looks like an ordinary midfielder.

Of course when your partners are lord Milner, and Fernandinho the butcher it's not hard to look world class :)

Butaan4barca

He is right Silva is an average player going by Barça standard, just take a look at the spanish NT, in the middle of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta Silva looks like an ordinary midfielder.

Of course when your partners are lord Milner, and Fernandinho the butcher it's not hard to look world class :)

You are comparing him with best ever midfield players the world has ever seen, mate.

he is no xavi or iniesta, or lampard, or scholes, or pirlo, or nedved , or vierra, but he is a very special player, hell miles away from an average player.

Vegeta

You can't compare David Silva to Lampard or Vierra, they are completely different types of players. And for me, David Silva > Lampard anyways.

BBZ8800

You can't compare David Silva to Lampard or Vierra, they are completely different types of players. And for me, David Silva > Lampard anyways.

Lampard's team was a dangerous European team.

Silva's team is just an EPL winning team.

(OK, it doesn't say too much about the player.
I am not a too huge admirer of Silva either, for Barca's standards, of course)

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

you can't compare him with any one of the named players, all are way different from each other.

but for barca's standards, i would'nt want silva here either.

Vegeta

Silva would have been fantastic for us during Pep's tenure (especially early on). Silva, in his prime, would have been perfect on the right wing when Messi moved to the center. Villa Messi Silva would have been one of the ideal front lines, but obviously we couldn't get David from Valencia. He would have given us more creativity, better passing, and definitely more control. He's not ideal for our current iteration (tactically speaking), but for the tiki-taka possession-obsessed iteration, I still hold David Silva would have been one of the more ideal players to play around Messi and Xaviesta.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Griezmann "Pogba's a great player, if he decides to leave Juve he has many options, Real is perfect but he told friends Barca's 1st choice."

Morten

Griezmann "Pogba's a great player, if he decides to leave Juve he has many options, Real is perfect but he told friends Barca's 1st choice."

I certainly hope so, i hope Barca spends the 100m or so that is needed to get him.

DonAK

I certainly hope so, i hope Barca spends the 100m or so that is needed to get him.

Pogba is not going to cost 100m.

Pogba's always been a Barca fan and if it's true he prefers Barca then I hope he can be a good boy and help with transfer fee issue and tell his agent to STFU and take a lower salary than what The Fat Rat has been blabbering about.

Morten

Pogba is not going to cost 100m.

Pogba's always been a Barca fan and if it's true he prefers Barca then I hope he can be a good boy and help with transfer fee issue and tell his agent to STFU and take a lower salary than what The Fat Rat has been blabbering about.

100 mill or more, thats his cost. Juve wont sell him for less, they refused bids over 80.

DonAK

100 mill or more, thats his cost. Juve wont sell him for less, they refused bids over 80.

No reliable reports about Juventus rejecting bids over 80m.

For 80m they'd probably be tempted as hell to accept and with a little help from Pogba, any 80m bid from us would be accepted right away. I hope we can push it down to 70m though if we get him.

Jombi

Considering we paid 80m for 27 year old Suarez who no other club wanted to touch with a barge pole because of his ban, we should be prepared for 125m euros for Pogba IMO. The hype surrounding this player is reaching epic proportions and that has a very big influence on pricing.

DonAK

Considering we paid 80m for 27 year old Suarez who no other club wanted to touch with a barge pole because of his ban, we should be prepared for 125m euros for Pogba IMO. The hype surrounding this player is reaching epic proportions and that has a very big influence on pricing.

Real Madrid wanted to buy Suarez. He admitted to have rejected better offers.

It's just that whenever they don't get who they want, they say they never wanted them and make up excuses. Kinda like Bale was always their primary target and Neymar never was, even though they tabled a final bid in an effort to convince him to join them where they would have paid him and his father more money and also pay us the penalty fee(40m) after our pre-agreement with Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans