Paul Pogba

J

Jamie Cal

Alarcon is right. One midfielder and a right back (which we have) and we have a team for the bones of another 5 years.

In theory Pogba is the guy to get. You can imagine how different our midfield would be with Busi-Pogba-Rak -- the difference in height alone. I haven't watched the guy enough, but all the same, one proper midfielder and we're set.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Now we can also mention the likes of Oliver Torres and Tielemans, but you don't sign them to start for Barcelona right away. You sign them together with an established player as talented players who can make it to the starting lineup in a few years if things work out well for them.

Kohe321

Laporta should win, get nasser drunk and splash 120m on Verratti+Matuidi ;(
I feel Pogba needs one more season to truly prove himself

Rather Pogba + Verratti for 60m. I can imagine Nasser waking up the other day with a massive hangover, rubbing his eyes as he reads the news "Breaking: Pogba and Verratti sign for Barca costing only 30m each". He then tries to call Laporta, but only reaches his voicemail where Laporta himself sings "Barca.. Barca... BAAAARCAA!", then throws his cellphone out the window as he screams "F"#¤U BARRRCAAAA" so loud that all of Paris wakes up.

:laporta:

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Rather Pogba + Verratti for 60m. I can imagine Nasser waking up the other day with a massive hangover, rubbing his eyes as he reads the news "Breaking: Pogba and Verratti sign for Barca costing only 30m each". He then tries to call Laporta, but only reaches his voicemail where Laporta himself sings "Barca.. Barca... BAAAARCAA!", then throws his cellphone out the window as he screams "F"#¤U BARRRCAAAA" so loud that all of Paris wakes up.

:laporta:

You're very imaginative tonight mate :D

khaled_a_d

Yes. But none of them will ever be as good as Pogba. You can try to sign great players for little money, and hope they'll come good. Or you can sign Pogba and be done with it for 10 years. For every Modric, there is a Henderson. If the club knew of any player who is better than Pogba, and cheaper as well, don't you think they'd sign him this instant? But they don't, and neither do I. There has been a funny and weird trend on this forum of people thinking everything that these expensive players do can be done by players who only cost half as much. Before Neymar signed, people thought Deulofeu was better than him. Before Suárez signed, people wanted Mandzukic instead. That's Liverpool mentality, and we don't want to be Liverpool.
:worthy:

Now we can also mention the likes of Oliver Torres and Tielemans, but you don't sign them to start for Barcelona right away. You sign them together with an established player as talented players who can make it to the starting lineup in a few years if things work out well for them.
Oliver has a lot to prove ,he is a player that hasn't been able to crack the rotation with A.Madrid .he is still a prospect
The club has already been investing in young players ,D.Suarez,Halilovic,Gerson etc ,never mind our own youth in Rafinha & Samper
Unless we do a Chelsea and act like a young player broker there is a limit for young player we can acquire and develop

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
From what I have read, Juventus seems to be wanting to hold on to Pogba for good and label him "not for sale" at any price and instead peddle Vidal.

Either way it looks like he will stay at Juventus for at least one more season.

Obiaseti

Personally I enjoy watching Veratti and Thiago a lot more than Pogba especially Veratti like most others here. But I understand that sometimes we need to buy the midfielder that suits the team rather than the most technical one or the next Xavi. If Luis Enrique and our scouts believe this is the guy we need I think we should stay optimistic and have some faith in them until proven otherwise. Our recent galactico transfers have worked out quite well, so my hope is that the trend continues with Paul if we get him. In terms of value I can't imagine us selling him for more than the price he's available for now purely because the price being quoted now is insanely high and anything but a phenomenal season is only going to lower his transfer market value. But he's a pretty marketable brand thanks to the Fat Rat so the hope is that we recoup a chunk of what we invest in him from merchandise, sponsors and ads.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta should win, get nasser drunk and splash 120m on Verratti+Matuidi ;(
I feel Pogba needs one more season to truly prove himself

Well, he won't come before Summer 2016 :iniesta:

Here's one hoping Pogba has another great season with Juventus and a fantastic Euro with France. I think you'd like the latter too :pep:

And that we of course don't end up splashing more than 80m euros + 8m salary if we sign him.

I think people also don't want him because they think he's a dickhead because of his hairstyles and celebrations while that's as far away from the truth as it can be. Seriously, he's more likeable than Marco who got quite a punchable face and posts a lot of cringy photos on Instagram. Inb4 people slate me, I'm just trying to appeal to those who don't like players posting cringy photos of themselves. :pep:

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

That's the other thing -- if he doesn't go this Summer, he's surely holding off for us, right?

Kohe321

From what I have read, Juventus seems to be wanting to hold on to Pogba for good and label him "not for sale" at any price and instead market Vidal.

Either way it looks like he will stay at Juventus for at least one more season.

However much shiny wrapping paper they roll Vidal in won't make me want him in Barca, especially after that performance in the final where you'd think he was under the impression that he could actually remove his yellow card by getting another one. :lol:

at this point though i care so much more about barça than my NT, hell wouldn't have minded argentina to win in a FRA ARG final... And I like Verratti immensely too, but we're not going to splash something like 180m for both, even over a few years I think... We could do worse than gundogan if we can just wait a year and get verratti... I can drive him in my trunk myself to wherever neymar's jet is.

Home of Barca Fans