Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Insane potential? Hype, all hype.

If that's the case then every talented young player in the World is just hype.

The part on the 12m net wage demand is more or less true though, confirmed by several presidential candidates already, I believe.

No way this guy.

There'll be negotiations. Let's wait and see what happens. 8m should be max IMO. Maybe 8m + let him keep 50% of his image rights.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know Don, I doubt they will give up a lot of ground with the Fat Rat in charge.

The bottom line is, no matter how good he is, he is just one player. No single player can win us every game, we need 11 players to win a game. If we take the next best thing since Messi at the expense the morale and stability of our entire dressing room and our wage-structure and our financial stability (imagine how hard it is to renew not just with him but other players who want more and more), I'd rather he joins the likes of City and PSG.

His perceived talent and potential is not worth the risk.

Co0ter

12mil net is a joke, like I said before he can gtfo. 100mil is just way too much, plain and simple. Just because Real Madrid went full retard for Bale doesn't mean everyone else has to as well. Juventus aren't stupid. If everyone just refuses to pay 100mil and 12mil net they will lower the price...because 80mil vs 100mil doesn't matter to them, it's highway robbery either way. The oil clubs made this impossible though I guess.

If the player had any kind of integrity he'd actually have a club he WANTS to play for, not the club that will pay him the most obscene wages.

This is why I give credit to players like Mascherano and Alexis.

Cule4life

The Culest
Eff off to PSG you greedy douche. If he really wanted to play for Barca then he would actually be demanding less wages to offset his transfer fee. But it's the opposite

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mathieu and Suárez too took paycuts to join

Exactly. And yet this guy, who purportedly wants to play for Barca, is demanding to triple his current salary. Because he thinks we are a bank apparently.

Goes to show...

Seriously, if City is offering 12m, take it damn it!

BenRobbins

This is with FFP aswell. Imagine if we abandoned it. Oil clubs will be offering 400 thousand a week soon and then the market would really be fucked as teams would have to try and match it to stay competitive. I don't want to even know the wage City must be offering him to try and get him to join over barca.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't know why the current board and the most likely to become future board are so fixated on signing this guy... What has he done to come here demanding huge wages and conditions? We are not a club struggling to be relevant and we shouldn't bend over the the pretensions of a player and his agent...

We currently have historic players in our team, who have given everything to put us on the very top of the football world and don't even dare to ask for such things, how come some young dude is worth so much more to the board? If we are going to sign him, it should be in our terms and respecting what our current team has done, we can't be splashing money on a promise just because it looks fancy...

The biggest "fuck you" to that fat rat bastard Mino Raiola, by the way...

Obiaseti

Like many here have pointed out, he isn't worth messing up our wage structure. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut and actually push for a transfer to Barca we should pull out and let city/psg have him. I really hope this is just election politics and that we won't do anything financially stupid. We have a team that just won the treble, we have absolutely no urgent need for any single player. We only need a player to fill a role and that player can be any one of the plenty of talented midfielders that can offer our squad depth. In my opinion what makes Pogba attractive as a player is that he is a goal scoring midfielder. But our team already has three amazing goal scorers that all take risks. We'd do much better balance wise with someone like Verratti.

khaled_a_d

Mathieu and Suárez too took paycuts to join

One was almost 28 and has been playing with good wage for sometime while wanting to join to be closer to his family .other was 31 with this is his last chance to play at top club
Players of Pogba age rarely take pay cuts .this is usually for the older players .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez is our second highest paid player I think, along with Iniesta if I'm not wrong.

khaled_a_d

Suarez is our second highest paid player I think, along with Iniesta if I'm not wrong.

No ,our top 4 are Messi ,Neymar,Iniesta (not sure who is more in those 2 but I think Neymar with his contract extension) and then Busquets .that was mentioned during Busquets renewal that he is now 4th highest paid player after those 3 IIRC

Home of Barca Fans