Paul Pogba

F

Flavia

And people thought Bartomeu wouldn't make another attempt if he was elected. Sure it took some time, but it's back again :lol:

Barcelona will try to sign Paul Pogba (22) next year. Juventus rejected approaches from Man United, City, PSG and Chelsea this summer. [md]
I sadly can see it happening. Adriano renewed, so another LB won't be signed, Mathieu and Vermaelen as enough cb's, get nolito, plus Arda and Vidal. Pogba as the only summer signing. It's coming.

raskolnikov

Why are we so hell bound on Pogba? What makes him so amazing to be worth spending 100 mil on. This is insane and not a barca type signing.

Co0ter

The only place he seems like he might fit is playing Rakitic's role....and if that was the case....why?!

Icarium

Lifestealer
Seeing the depth Madrid has I dont mind barca signing both pogba and gundogan. That would be some crazy depth we will have then. Maybe tad too much to keep all the players happy. If we didn't have arda too it would be at least worth the try. Now it is not an option.

silvia

RM can't but pogba because the positions are already full. plus perez doesn't like black players?!
And with that transfer fee and salary, we can sign 3,4 solid players like atletico did in this summer.
He doesn't worth that money and his agent will make noise every 6 months.
I just hope he stick in juventus forever.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
RM can't but pogba because the positions are already full. plus perez doesn't like black players?!
And with that transfer fee and salary, we can sign 3,4 solid players like atletico did in this summer.
He doesn't worth that money and his agent will make noise every 6 months.
I just hope he stick in juventus forever.
Navas,Varane,Marcelo,Danilo are all starters for our team... We also play Casemiro often..

anguy

Another average performance from him. Gundogan looks much better, and is better fit for our team tactically.

BBZ8800

I went to read some posts on Juve's forums about Pogba from Juve's fans:
Here are some from the last 10 days:
-- Football Italia says we wont sell him for even 150M
-- He need to stop trying to hymiliate the opponent but to be more clynical and not to dribble all the time.
-- (He need to stop trying to hymiliate the opponent but to be more clynical and not to dribble all the time.) = He was only humiliating himself against Udinese.
-- Yeah he was pretty bad.And that clear chance when he could score he dribbles.
-- What a horrible game. That freekick giveaway
-- I'm nervous about Pogba. He is a lot of hype and despite his moments of genius, he is often a liability. I also didn't like him reaming out the strikers all match, because he was very wasteful himself. His ego is also starting to show. Personally, I'd seriously consider selling him for the right offer.
-- Crap again, he has to step up big time.
-- Thought he'd be ready to lead the team since he basically self proclaimed it. Boy needs to grow up fast.
-- We are relying too much on him at the moment.

Last year he was supported by the likes of Tevez, Pirlo and to a lesser extent Vidal (in the second half of the season). He just doesn't seem ready to carry the team yet. Hopefully Marchisio coming back will help.
-- i think he is rushing the whole I am the leader thing. he is still a kid.
-- not saying it's gonna turn out that way, but this is why i was for us selling him this summer, we really took a big risk to boost his value even more in a transitional year.
-- Needs to stop doing too much of that fancy crap.
-- Nobody is asking him to save Juve. Just play well to justify his own talent. The only person, from the look of things, who thinks he is the saviour, is Pogba himself.
-- So frustrating to watch. He's definitely not a leader in this team. He needs someone to take his pressure off next to him.
-- At this pace...he will have to be sold after this season.
1- he will be mad at everyone and would love to GTFO
2- He cant carry us and it is turning to be a mistake giving him the 10 and the inmense pressure. yeah we were hand tied on this.... but it seems the own pogba misjudged his carrying capacity-
-- his constant shouting at team members is annoying aswell.
-- (his constant shouting at team members is annoying aswell.) = That was the worst part. He made the team worse today.
-- Exactly. I imagine the rest of the dudes thinking like "Wtf is going on with this man?, he is playing like shid and is calling out everyone?"
-- More of a luxury player than a leader, he was perfect with Marchisio at DM and Vidal on the other side. Watching him try to lead the team from midfield is just horrific. He's not that sort of player.
-- This is the season he gets found out as just another excellent midfielder and not the second coming of christ that warrants 100 mill.
-- Handing him the #10 was awkward and the lad is definitely reacting in the worst way possible. All these summer move rumors and big-cash put early hope on him 'leading'. He is no #10. Should've kept his #6 and 'status'.

Now, we should sign a star midfielder to take some of the pressure off him. Unlikely though.
-- great leaders are born out of chaos...things were all over the place today and his attitude reflected it. i personally would never be one to oppose a sale. he may be an entity in terms of talent (the extent of which is still somewhat debatable in my mind)...but leadership and composure on and off the ball that helps tie it into something that can be of use to the progression of the CLUB...im ust not seeing it...he may have scored some important goals but mentality will determine how clutch he can actually be...that free kick from udinese game still haunts me lol
-- That's part of the problem. Pogba can be a good midfielder, but if he isn't able to take control himself, there is no way he is worth his price tag or the hype that he is somehow the next Ballon D'Or winner. Don't get me wrong, he'll be good, but I have serious doubts if he'll ever be 120 million euro good. The problem also is all the hype is making him think he is 120 million euro good. For that valuation, it is probably prudent to sell.
-- Too many tricks and flics, if he could keep it simple he would be the best midfielder in the world. Many coaches advised him to do so, including Lippi.

We'll have to wait and see, I hope he stops losing 20 balls per game and starts playing smart like a real number 10.
-- stray passes, surrendering possession easily, outta timin fancy $#@! on the ball eventually leading to nothing and most times given away, emotional immaturity for petty lil $#@!

afraid this season he'd b figured out but if he truly has to be rated he must do so independent of who is around him...u cant tell me he cant show more even if paired with stu and pado..100mil u shud at least be d lil light in d darkness
-- That is the difference between a good player and a good leader. A good player can only contribute a very small amount because he does only apply his skill to the position he plays in and is easily shut down by doubling up on him. A good leader will make the other players around him play better even when marked. Best example is Pirlo. Even under pressure he played the ball to a lesser skilled player who did gain an advantage over the opponent just by the kind of ball he got played to.

Nobody would say that Lichtsteiner is a goal threat or very attacking player, but Pirlo made him look very dangerous by the amount of great passes he lobbed over the defense with Lichtsteiner literally receiving the ball inside the box with no opponent near him.
-- according to both l'équipe and le parisien, pogba was one of the worst french player against serbia. it seems that he's completely out of form for club and country. let's hope he gets his act together asap. we need him, desperately.

Trickykid

Old, boring and prudent me knows buying this kid probably isn't the smart thing to do, as he's hardly the type of player we really need at the moment.

Teenage me, though, is headbanging away, giddy with the prospect of a monster like Pogba on our team. He's overflowing with talent, and his mix of sheer strenght, agility and brilliant skills on the ball, is something football-sexy beyond belief.

I'm sure Barto and teenage me would get along perfectly.

BBZ8800

Old, boring and prudent me knows buying this kid probably isn't the smart thing to do, as he's hardly the type of player we really need at the moment.

Teenage me, though, is headbanging away, giddy with the prospect of a monster like Pogba on our team. He's overflowing with talent, and his mix of sheer strenght, agility and brilliant skills on the ball, is something football-sexy beyond belief.

I'm sure Barto and teenage me would get along perfectly.

I like older you more, sorry :lol:

EdmondDantes

screw the 100m Pogba... If we have to stick with Raiola, sign matuidi... let him bring pogba to psg instead.

Matuidi is a far more accomplished player than Pogba. Much more well rounded. Having said that; I would love Verratti here more than any other player. If we ever break the bank; let it be for him.

Home of Barca Fans