Paul Pogba

JamDav1982

It wasn't a post about how a certain users changed their opinion about Pogba. Or about pointing fingers at anyone...
It was how he wasn't rated highly in general till autumn of 2014, as a reply to some claims how Pogba is already playing on a highest level for 2-3 Seasons and how he had played awesome at a World cup.

My opinion is that he had 1 awesome season till now, and he is yet to play 2nd awesome season.
We will wait and see how will he play in this season.

For the current Barca, if Kovacic costs 30M, and Pogba costs 100+ Millions, and if we need at least one creative player, like Iniesta, then Kovacic is/was more suited for Barca than Pogba.

That doesn't mean that Kovacic is in GENERAL a better player than Pogba.
For 90% of other teams in the world, Pogba would be a better midfielder.

The same could be said about Mascherano.
For 90% of teams in the world, he is the best choice for a defensive midfielder.

But in Barca, even current (unexperienced) Sergi Roberto or Samper are probably better Dmc's for Barca, than Mascherano.

Imo, that was the point of Kovacic versus Pogba posts.
Also, add price tag, Pogba's potential wages, how other players would ask for similar wages etc.

What 10% teams in the world would Kovacic be more suitable for?

If its Barca then why mention the price?

For what I have seen of the two Pogba is by far the better player, not seen every game but quite a few.

Jombi

We should get both Lucas Lima AND Gundogan in that case.

We desperately need some depth with Iniesta declining, and getting two playmakers of the same sage seem like a good idea to me, to increase competition.

They will probably cost 50m euros each.

Neymessi

I would take gundogan or coutinho over pogba anyday,all day.Not to mention pogba will come in a shitload while these 2 can come a lot cheaper.

Trickykid

What 10% teams in the world would Kovacic be more suitable for?

If its Barca then why mention the price?

For what I have seen of the two Pogba is by far the better player, not seen every game but quite a few.

Oi, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], your attention is needed here!

I'd like to think you're beavering away on another long lecture full of paragraphs, impressively accurate percentual evaluation on the subject and anecdotes from Barça history, all coated in neat little bullet point-like dashes for optimised reading comprehension.

I'm more than a bit curious to see who those 10% clubs are, damn it!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The P has spoken. Get to it Barto :bartomeu: :whip:
Also since the Nike contract is up (in 2016 I think) we have leverage to either get them to raise it or go with Adidas (having Messi on an Adidas team will be an incentive for Adidas)

Good point re Adidas and Messi and having their biggest star on their side.

Nike also have something to consider. They have Neymar, their future flagbearer when it comes to their football division. We should be getting a very good deal here regardless of where it goes.

BBZ8800

Oi, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], your attention is needed here!

I'd like to think you're beavering away on another long lecture full of paragraphs, impressively accurate percentual evaluation on the subject and anecdotes from Barça history, all coated in neat little bullet point-like dashes for optimised reading comprehension.

I'm more than a bit curious to see who those 10% clubs are, damn it!

Hehe, I am not in the mood. I had to watch Croatia's passing play for 90 minutes :(

What teams would profit more with Kovacic than Pogba?
I don't know, imo all teams who plays Barca's style or something similar.

Barca, Spain NT, Arsenal, Holland NT from their glory days.

Let's leave it at: "some players are more suited for some teams, even though they are NOT necessarily better players in general."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hehe, I am not in the mood. I had to watch Croatia's passing play for 90 minutes :(

Let's leave it at: "some players are more suited for some teams, even though they are NOT necessarily better players in general."

2279141_w2.jpg

:p

Trickykid

I feel you.

I only caught most of the second half, but somehow you made Norway look like god damn world beaters.

Jombi

Suarez came at 80 mil after creating havoc in the epl and it wasn't much far from today.No way coutinho is costing 100m.

Its a whole 'nother ball game next year than last year. Money is flooding in to the EPL and people need to wake up to it.

xXKonan

I doubt Lucas Lima would cost even remotely that much. I'm thinking more of the lines of 15-20 Million euros.

Home of Barca Fans