Paul Pogba

F

Flavia

There is another way also.

Pogba will play like he is playing currently whole season and it will come clear that he is just "a regular" footballer, and NOT the best midfielder for the next 10 years, as some claimed last summer.

Till now, Pogba didn't disappoint.
He is playing horribly for now both for Juve and France.

I'm not sure one bad season would stop Barto. Maybe just decrease Pogba's fee a bit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Jeez... It's become downright pathetic. Won't be surprised if some pray every day for Pogba to fail :lol:

Good we didn't buy Kovacic either and he went to Real Madrid to warm the bench there :)

If Pogba is overhyped in the Football World today(which he admittedly is a lot) then Kovacic must be among the most overhyped players in Barcaforum history. There's simply no middle ground here.

Last edited:
If we do sign him I will be VERY worried.
Regardless of the price tag, I'm not sure Pogba can earn a starting spot against Iniesta, Rakitic and now Turan. All scenarios from there are fucked up.

dakt

Jeez... It's become downright pathetic. Won't be surprised if some pray every day for Pogba to fail :lol:

Good we didn't buy Kovacic either and he went to Real Madrid to warm the bench there :)

If Pogba is overhyped in the Football World today(which he admittedly is a lot) then Kovacic must be among the most overhyped players in Barcaforum history. There's simply no middle ground here.

If something is pathetic it is this club raining money on Pogba. I'm blown away every time I hear about his buyout clause and wages. Having wages bigger than Iniesta is a spit on the face to everything this club stands for and to Iniesta himself.
And what a spit...we are falling for propaganda. If I was in charge, I would flip the bird to him and his greedy agent. I would take someone with Arda's mentality and enthusiasm over him anyday.

And don't bring Mateo in this....his wages are piss poor compared to Pogba's demands....let alone the whole transfer fee. And Pogba is not 4x better player!

Barcilliant

There is another way also.

Pogba will play like he is playing currently whole season and it will come clear that he is just "a regular" footballer, and NOT the best midfielder for the next 10 years, as some claimed last summer.

Till now, Pogba didn't disappoint.
He is playing horribly for now both for Juve and France.

He is young and he has no support in midfield. One player cannot carry the entire team.

Put any world class midfielder in Pogbas place and they would struggle.
Juve have yet to find their feet and the season is young.
Besides even the best players have one or two bad seasons.
If he doesn't do well this season his price will drop. Not by much but it will be less.
I'm against this transfer simply because of monetary value. In a football sense I think Pogba will be great at Barca but the whole price tag and wages is beyond insane.
I prefer Arda as a stop gap and look at how Pogba fares in the future before buying him.

BBZ8800

Besides even the best players have one or two bad seasons.

I know, but answers like this are strange, at least for me.

The best players, who had 10 good seasons behind them can have a bad season.
But Pogba had one (he was even average in the 2nd half of the last Season because of an injury) or 3/4 of good seasons in his whole career.

People made jokes about him prior to 2014.
Then he had 3/4 of good season in 2014/15.
And now, he has a bad season (it is too soon), but you get my point...

Guy played well for a couple of months surrounded by Pirlo and Vidal, in a team which is like 3 times stronger than any other Seria A team.
And now already, we have excuses (not you, a lot of people) for him, how even the best players in the world have poor seasons.

He is not one of the best players.
He is a one season wonder (from a team 3 times stronger than their opponents) for now.
And if other midfielders of Juve are crap, well, now he will play in the same conditions as any other midfielder from Milan, Inter, Roma etc, because they are also playing with a crappy teammates.

If he can shine only surrounded by world class midfielders, then WHY EXACTLY is he better than other midfielders from weaker teams who are as equally as average as him when you put them in an average midfield?

khaled_a_d

People made jokes about him prior to 2014.

Wait,what? Pogba was the best U_20 player in 2013 .best player in U_20 WC and was highly regarded the moment he stepped in Juve squad .
I mean if there was ever jokes about Pogba it was made only after 2014 solely due to the price tag .

gasgas

dont wat him anymore
his wage demands deem him wrong for barca. we want players who will bleed for barca, we are not a money club.
all those wages who does he think he is. messi?

silvia

dont wat him anymore
his wage demands deem him wrong for barca. we want players who will bleed for barca, we are not a money club.
all those wages who does he think he is. messi?

yep. demanding same wage as messi as CM was a big laugh. Let alone la liga win is much more tough than serie.
hopefully go for verratti. that is not gonna happen tho.

Home of Barca Fans