Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Probably some truth in it, but I'd imagine giving Pogba a chance in the midfield ahead of freaking Rafael might have made him change his mind to stay at Man Utd.

BBZ8800

Juve played 1:1 yesterday again, at home against poor Frosinone.
Pogba lost the duel after a corner in the 92nd minute for a 1:1 equalizer:

Updates about Pogba from Juve's forum:
-- Do you think Paul will ever evolve into a full-fledged playmaker? I see him more as a really good box-to-box midfielder, with great technique, strength and an insane shot. Needs to be more involved and composed to be a real #10, a la Zizou.
-- He does not have the vision to play AM like Zidane. I'm fine with him being a box-to-box like Yaya.
-- I dont know if he will develop the vision zidane had ...or at least emulate to an aceptable degree..., but as of today... he is kind of error prone playing as AM. Is not that he doesnt has the skill... but now that we are seeing him starting plays more (trying to carry the burden)... he wastes too many chances trying to sidestep or do fancy things instead of going to the point and just making a pass to a friend or shoot.

Maybe he will mature and develop this aspect of his game.. but right now he is kind of confused between using his great technique and being effective...to just being flashy but innefective.

but he is a hell of a player when his things lick of course.
-- he doesn't have any friends
-- If he was any other player, he would be absolutely eaten alive here for that performance.
At fault for the goal and very nearly at fault for another in the first half. What the $#@! is he doing this season? He looks like he isn't even concentrating during matches.
-- He needs to wake the $#@! up he looks uninterested only for his sheer amount of talent he would look like $#@! because he does not like like he is putting in any effort.
-- VERY bad idea giving him the 10 shirt
He is still very young to be a leader
-- so many stupid plays from him,unlike him at all,a lot of times Sandro was wide, he took too long to pass. such a crappy display
-- Worst player on the pitch today.
-- His start to the season has been horrendous with a couple moments of brilliance but that's it.
-- Hope he starts doing something soon after he's done auditioning for skill skool
-- lets not exaggerate tho', he wasn't bad. I just feel like he's relying on his talent which is so clearly levels above the rest.
He needs to do the dirty work as well and stop being fancy.
-- He wanted to score a goal more than to win a $#@!ing match, his egoism is working against him already
-- Bench until taking $#@! seriously! Why the hell practice a stupied feint all $#@!ing night?! Not worthy not at all! There is something wrong in the world when pogba turns to ballotelli, and balotelli become a serious professional!
-- Need to be schooled from time to time. Leaders do not do the $#@! he's done on that Frosinone's goal.
-- He ALWAYS lose his closest opponent, just watch last season goal on the Olympiakos's counter-attack and 1st $#@!celona's goal in the final of CL, he is focused on the ball instead of opponent players
-- This year his value is likely to be reduced, better keep him one more year...
-- Is anybody else wondering if he's been asked to shoot less? Either that or his judgment on when to shoot has gone, he takes a lot if the wrong decisions.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You forgot the update from the Man City game and the league game from the weekend. I was waiting for it.

BBZ8800

You forgot the update from the Man City game and the league game from the weekend. I was waiting for it.

About that match, comments say that he was a crap again, and the only good thing was that assist/or the goal (whatever happened).

He had a lot of undeserved hype this season.
Team anti-Pogba hype machine will level the score this season :lol:

Morten

Not sure if it is true or he is just making excuse of letting him go ,but that is an interesting quote

Then again, Ferguson liked to play 40 year old Giggs in central midfield, Anderson, Cleverley....
No wonder Pogba left, he might be overrated, but thats just an insulting thing to do by the manager. No wonder he left.
Fergie did most things exactly right, but he had his weird moments.

BBZ8800

Juventus lost again, yesterday 2:1 away to Napoli.

Updates about Pogba's play from Juve's forum:
-- This guy is as good as gone now. Especially if we don't make the CL spots.
-- Only Cares about to dribble past opponent or shot on goal, waste so many time on his stupid dribble
-- Wtf happened to him ?
-- Star syndrome
-- He reminds me of balotelli
-- Needs to take his head out of his ass his body language reminds me of Balotelli.
-- Bench!
-- He should have been benched played like he should have stayed at man united today. This season without Vidal and Pirlo he's a bust
-- Awful
-- he must be benched.
-- Should have been subbed off against Frosinone and Napoli after 1st half
-- He needs a coach to kick him in the ass and get him straight.
-- #10 has put too much pressure on him.
-- has nothing to do with coach or number, simply cant be the man
-- He shouldn't take free-kicks. He's still a young player. He needs help.
-- (Don't worry, he'll be back to his old self when he goes to a proper team) That's a cop out as the only reason he was himself was because he had midfielders like Vidal and Pirlo around him along with marchisio now he can't even be half that player without that quality.
-- He is floundering without Vidal/Pirlo and with the weight of the number ten. He hasn't played a good game in the league so far
-- Don't get me started on this one. Bit my lip for too long for this one. Trying all the fancy moves and beating of his man without just playing it simple. $#@! off to barca you peroxide toilet brush.
-- I couldn't believe he took the free-kick in the second half when Hernanes was still on and hit it straight in the wall.
-- Yeah, he's been shocking, I can't believe he's still trying to take 3-4 touches every time he has the ball and attempting silly skills after playing in the league for 4 seasons.

You can see he's trying to carry the team but he's not mature enough and he can't deal with being the main focus of every teams plan against us. It's just a matter of time until he gets agitated and sent off.

I think it's down to the surroundings too, it's obvious to say that he'll be back to incredible once he moves to a team like Barca where the quality of players can allow him to 'breathe', but it's just simply true.
-- Yeah only certain players can truly lead a team at a young age and he hasn't got the mentality yet to do so. Maradona was leading teams at 18, Baggio at 23. He can't deal with being double or triple marked but he doesn't help himself by taking too much out of the ball.
-- Dude does four stepovers to lure opposition players close to him and then attempts to make what shouldve been an easy pass. He drags any denar of direction out of our attacks whenever he gets the ball. Time for the bench imo.
-- You know I thought that myself, he's playing like his head is somewhere else, but then I also wondered, why ask for the 10 if you're going ti leave next summer? God knows.
-- Asking for the 10 then playing like this is worthless give it back
-- He needs to calm down and realise he's not THAT special yet.
-- Lol, whenever i said that if Juve recieved a 100 mil offer for him we should sell him, i was attacked, he's not a 100 mil type of player, he doesn't impact the game as one even in his best days. Great players make the players around them better, Pogba needs great players to make him look better.
We should've sold him this summer instead of Vidal, but our great director opted to gift vidal to bayern.
-- Its a shame we have no one on the bench who is capable of pushing him we have no one to keep him on his toes. In recent years we have had good competition for our players in midfield and that helped puch them on.
-- Dem feels when you look to your number 10 for inspiration but he's busy doing 360 trick shots and rainbow flicks to improve his rating for the next FIFA street game.
-- Sadly I think his mind is in Barcelona right now.
-- I just looked up his blue book value and it's floating around 13M
-- he should spend less time watching neymar and ronaldo vids, and more time hanging out with bonucci's personal motivator.
-- However, Pogba needs to wake the $#@! up. He has been ambivalent at best.

JamDav1982

So they still think he is a great player who is distracted by move to Barca...

You could go to Man City forum and find negative comments about Aguero, Chelsea forum about Hazard, Barca forum about Neymar/Suarez etc.

People tend to complain like that about the players they know are brilliant and its frustration.

JamDav1982

Honestly think it's all set up that he will come to Barca and he is just marking his time at juve now.

Seems like it.

BBZ is being completely biased and trying to paint Pogba as over rated and not liked by fans as he doesnt like him.

Earlier this year I had the exact same conversation with him about Kovacic regarding negative comments from Inter fans very similar to ones posted on Pogba today.

Yet as Kovacic is a player he liked he said it was best to dismiss the view of these 'frustrated' Inter fans ans pointed how even Barca fans make same comments about Messi, Neymar and Suarez at times.

Complete double standards and changing rules to fit players that doesnt/does like.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
TBF, he was quite bad against Napoli. He was so frustrating and Napolis midfield totally killed the entire Juve midfield.

silvia

Honestly think it's all set up that he will come to Barca and he is just marking his time at juve now.

he is trying so hard to get away from juve and come to barca these days. to make the deal easy. keep on like that pogba! eyes on you

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans