Paul Pogba

el chilenito

Thats true, juventus are known for buying cheap and selling big. Pretty amazing that they got pogba for pracrically free from man united and brought vidal for 11.5 million, both are some of the best midfielder in the world and they got them at that price, ridicolous!.

el chilenito

Vidal age might be a problem, I get your point, Didnt stop barca from buying matheiu and suarez though lmao.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Vidal age might be a problem, I get your point, Didnt stop barca from buying matheiu and suarez though lmao.

Mathieu is neither on that level of talent, nor on the same stratosphere money-wise, so that's hardly comparable.

Suarez is more of an arguable point, but then again, he just came off his best season and was arguably the best 9 in the world. Suarez is also a much more talented player than Vidal, who is a very good midfielder, but not a "best at his position" type of player like Suarez is.

In any case, there is no way Barcelona should buy a 29 year old midfielder for the €40-50m Juve is likely to want for him. Nevermind that Vidal is not the type of player Barca should be looking for.

el chilenito

The midfied players I think will benefit barca the most to get and i dont think is beyond our reach is gundogan, koke, and vidal, vidal age is a problem though, I would have loved james rodriguez here, i think its been well documented that i quietly obsessed and love the colombian national team. but real madrid beat us to him which is unfortunate, imagine a midfield consisting of gundogan, james, vidal and koke. Thats scary. Control when defending, attacking and keeping the ball. realistically it would be gundogan, rakitic, iniesta, mascherano still great but speed/dominace and tenacity will be a little weaker.and and maybe either koke/vidal.

el chilenito

I find it unjust you saying suarez is much more talented than vidal because you simple cannot compare the talent between the two because they dont play in the same role/position much different basis on what they are suppose to do, suarez can be compared to hazard etc vidal against lahm etc . And vidal at his best is actually one of the best in his position, on his best, miles better than pogba and many coaches agree, even maradona is a fan of his. ,voted in all star team in bundesliga, he won juventus player of the year, was in serie a team of the year consecutative years, and voted the 11 best player in europe 2013, not 11th best midfielder, 11th best player., not to mention go*l .com midfielder of the season and european sport media midfielder of the year along with lahm and yaya toure.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Number one target for Barca should be Verratti. Seriously. Break the bank for him. If you like Vidal, you have to love Verratti. All the tenacity and workrate, but a lot more technical skill and overall talent, and 22 years old.

Then Samper is the other player to consider. Massively talented and young.

After those 2, take your pick on fit and preference. Gundogan if healthy and back to his top form is a no-brainer. Koke is another good choice. I like Pogba here too when combined with Samper and Verratti. The latter 2 can be your anvil, while the former is your midfield hammer.

Need to monitor the development of Rafinha and Denis Suarez as well.

But all this is moot. As DonAndres said, this team right now is in terrible position to plan for the future. No Sporting Director let alone a competent one. A board that seems determined to destroy everything good about this team. Have to fix all that before anything else.

el chilenito

I cant believe I forgot to mention veratti, verrati is a great choice for barca and his age is perfect. Veratti/ gundogan should be first choice for barca if they want to stregthen midfielder. Pogba/ koke/vidal exelent choices too for the right price. Shame on the ban though, at the end of transfer ban we will probably end up with a not up to barca standard brazilian that nobody wants here, im looking at you paulinho lmao.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I cant believe I forgot to mention veratti, verrati is a great choice for barca and his age is perfect. Veratti/ gundogan should be first choice for barca if they want to stregthen midfielder. Pogba/ koke/vidal exelent choices too for the right price. Shame on the ban though, at the end of transfer ban we will probably end up with a not up to barca standard brazilian that nobody wants here, im looking at you paulinho lmao.

No way that happens. This board is dead in this summer. A new board will surely be more competent (especially if it's Laporta).

G

Gasgas

Number one target for Barca should be Verratti. Seriously. Break the bank for him. If you like Vidal, you have to love Verratti. All the tenacity and workrate, but a lot more technical skill and overall talent, and 22 years old.

Then Samper is the other player to consider. Massively talented and young.

After those 2, take your pick on fit and preference. Gundogan if healthy and back to his top form is a no-brainer. Koke is another good choice. I like Pogba here too when combined with Samper and Verratti. The latter 2 can be your anvil, while the former is your midfield hammer.

Need to monitor the development of Rafinha and Denis Suarez as well.

But all this is moot. As DonAndres said, this team right now is in terrible position to plan for the future. No Sporting Director let alone a competent one. A board that seems determined to destroy everything good about this team. Have to fix all that before anything else.
Good luck getting Verratti from PSg considering that he is their key player. If they didnt sell us marquinhos who wasnt even a starter why would they sell Verratti?

anguy

Good luck getting Verratti from PSg considering that he is their key player. If they didnt sell us marquinhos who wasnt even a starter why would they sell Verratti?

Coach doesn't seem to lie Verrati, and Verrati doesn't look to happy being there... So it's not certain Verrati will remain at PSG. Also if PSG buy Pogba or some other expensive player they'll have to sell, because of FFP.

I agree that Verrati would be ideal. Vidal is not good enough passer for Barca. Just look at the Rakitic, whose passing is not his strength and you see why Barca needs elite passers. Both Vidal and POgba are nothing special in this. Pogba can be used instead of AM Iniesta, but the price would be too high for player, who might not fit Barca style.

Like I said before Verrati - Kovacic (from Inter) combo would be the best and they both together might cost less than Pogba. Verrati would be a distributor and workhorse and Kovacic offensive dribbler ala Iniesta. Pjanic would be my no 3 if one of them isn't available.

Bertus

Coach doesn't seem to lie Verrati, and Verrati doesn't look to happy being there... So it's not certain Verrati will remain at PSG. Also if PSG buy Pogba or some other expensive player they'll have to sell, because of FFP.

I agree that Verrati would be ideal. Vidal is not good enough passer for Barca. Just look at the Rakitic, whose passing is not his strength and you see why Barca needs elite passers. Both Vidal and POgba are nothing special in this. Pogba can be used instead of AM Iniesta, but the price would be too high for player, who might not fit Barca style.

Like I said before Verrati - Kovacic (from Inter) combo would be the best and they both together might cost less than Pogba. Verrati would be a distributor and workhorse and Kovacic offensive dribbler ala Iniesta. Pjanic would be my no 3 if one of them isn't available.
Your logic is 100% flawed here.

If verratti leaves PSG it won't because of the current coach since it's alreayd know he will be fired at the end of the season.

Note that I don't say verratti won't leave, I just say it won't be because of Blanc because the players already know Blanc will leave.

zanela

Vidal will be 29 by the time Barca can sign him, so no thank you.

Exactly. '16 should herald a new era. Barca should be looking at building a team long term. Phasing out the vets (Iniesta, Masch, Mathieu etc), and injecting accomplished youth and talent should be the priority. Players like Vidal don't fit the picture.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Exactly. '16 should herald a new era. Barca should be looking at building a team long term. Phasing out the vets (Iniesta, Masch, Mathieu etc), and injecting accomplished youth and talent should be the priority. Players like Vidal don't fit the picture.

Assuming he develops as expected, I can see us going after Tielemans once our ban ends. He is ridiculously talented.

F

Flavia

Raiola: "Pogba is the most expensive player in the world... he'll cost more than Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi."

I hope we never go for him, only because of his agent. He's not worth all that.

Home of Barca Fans