Paul Pogba

anguy

Matuidi and Pogba are too similar to play together effectively. If Pogba comes Matuidi will go, or be benched. They are unlikely together too much. More likely there might be a midfield of Verratti, POgba and Motta.

Jair Ventura

Matuidi and Pogba are too similar to play together effectively. If Pogba comes Matuidi will go, or be benched. They are unlikely together too much. More likely there might be a midfield of Verratti, POgba and Motta.

Matiudi and Pogba aren't similar at all.

anguy

Matiudi and Pogba aren't similar at all.

They play in similar role - left attacking midfielder. There's no way IMO they both could fit into 3 men midfield. At least effectively, Blanc might be stupid enough to do something like that.

Bertus

Matuidi and Pogba are not the same.

Bertus

I know you're more than a tad biased towards PSG, but calling Matuidi, Verratti and Pogba one of the best midfields ever is optimistic at best. Huge potential, sure, but one of the best ever? Crazy talk.

It's not quite as absurd as claiming TS, DL, Marquinhos and Maxwell to be one of the best defenses ever, though. Something must've been lost in translation here. What did I miss, Bertus?
No need to get personal, and trash my english skills because you disagree with my opinion ;) *pat pat*

Still think PSG has one of the best defenses when Marquinhos plays as RB. And it will only get better since marquinhos is already a monster and still 20yo.

And yeah, imo, a midfield with matuidi, verratti and pogba would be a killer midfield that has the potential to be the best in Europe.

Bertus

Everytime I saw him, he played like one (not often, true). I always thought he had a role comparable to Iniesta.

His first role is to steal the balls, and block the opponents' attacks.

When PSG does too good, or when PSG needs to to score badly, yeah he tries to help in attack, the same way Ramos or DL, or plenty of midfielders and CBs do.

But no, he isn't like Pogba if you compare what they do on the pitch on a regular basis.

Bertus

Anyways, no need to discuss it too much guys since it probably won't happen.

I just hope he'll join Barca since I consider PSG to be out of the race.

Co0ter

Valuing Cavani at 50mil is a joke. He was overrated before his move to PSG and he has been garbage since, his value should have gone down, not up or the same. If I was Juventus I'd value him at 35mil tops, they'd be stupid to take that deal.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Valuing Cavani at 50mil is a joke. He was overrated before his move to PSG and he has been garbage since, his value should have gone down, not up or the same. If I was Juventus I'd value him at 35mil tops, they'd be stupid to take that deal.

Dybala is going for 40m and he's an unproven youth who may or may not pan out, Depay went for around 30m at 21 and coming out of the Eredivisie, Bony moved to City for a similar fee. Cavani is an established international commodity that has already had immense amounts of success in Italy, his price is appropriate for the market.

From Jeventus perspective, Tevez isn't coming back and you dont want your attack lead by a 21 year old prospect when you're trying to compete continentally.

Observer

Banned
If Di Marzio stated then it might be a done deal, solid source

Even so, not sure if the whole squad could be renewed just by signing Cavani (basically to replace Tevez) & Dybala

Hassan Ashas

Guys, do you think spending 100 Million on Pogba is better than spending 40 - 50 million on Gundogen and saving the other 50 million for other players? Or you really think that Pogba will fit in Barcelona and will replace Xavi/Iniesta? He will be that effective like Xavi and Iniesta were?

Marchisio8

Banned
Matuidi is not an attacking midfielder.

Neither is Pogba, not sure what anguy is talking about. :D

Dybala is going for 40m and he's an unproven youth who may or may not pan out, Depay went for around 30m at 21 and coming out of the Eredivisie, Bony moved to City for a similar fee. Cavani is an established international commodity that has already had immense amounts of success in Italy, his price is appropriate for the market.

From Jeventus perspective, Tevez isn't coming back and you dont want your attack lead by a 21 year old prospect when you're trying to compete continentally.

Dybala is joinning Juve for 25+bounses+2 youngsters in a coulpe of weeks.

Co0ter

I'd prefer Tevez over Cavani any day of the week. I've always thought Cavani was the most overrated striker on the planet. I don't know how anyone who watched him regularly could state otherwise. He missed 3-4 CLEAR chances a game before scoring a goal. Sure his scoring record was impressive in Italy and not terrible either at PSG but he is so frustrating to watch, kind of like Alexis Sanchez. Other than scoring goals, after missing 4 sitters, all he does is fumble up attacks and run around pressing. Work rate is great and all, but eh. Poor vision, doesn't link up great with teammates or create many chances for them.

If PSG get a value of 50mil for him and pay 40mil cash for Pogba I'll laugh to the point of exhaustion, almost as much as when PSG paid 55mil for David Luiz.

Home of Barca Fans