Paul Pogba

Bertus

I just mentioned the most important information in that article. I also omitted mentioning that Pogba apparently asked Zidane to help him end up playing for RM.

I am starting to fear that Bartomeu might do everything in his power to make a deal with Juventus before the elections. Offering silly money in the process and even sacrificing Pedro in the process. :facepalm:

Correct. See my post or the article I posted. The point here is that this is just a silly excuse. In reality the last thing RM needs to do is to spend 100 million euros on Pogba when they arguably already have the best midfield in the world. A young one too at that. Only Modric is quickly approaching his 30th birthday.

On the other hand we are desperately in need of strengthening our midfield especially given Xavi's likely exit to Qatar of all places.
Juve wants 100M and I see Barto paying it, just because of the elections + a possible treble (that would be a killer manifesto, honestly)

And still, I think it's disrespectful to say Pogba has an unstable life. Even more when french medias compare him to Varane who is also very wise at his age: they don't drink, don't party.

How come you have TV french show like Telefoot claiming Pogba has a perfect livestyle, and Uncle Flo saying he has an unstable life?

Alen

CulturePSG mistranslated then.

Anyways, what we know about his life: http://www.culturepsg.com/news/mercato/le-real-madrid-ne-serait-plus-interesse-par-pogba

- he's religious
- Lived with his mother
- Doesn't like to party.

= Unstable life? Really?

It sounds actually heathy to me. A footballer should not party (look at what lavezzi has become), and being religious is not a problem at all either.

And come on, he lived with his mother/parents at 20yo, wow, what's the fucking problem with it?

All these things are perfect in a scouting report, means he's stable and down to earth. Perez is looking for a way to drag the price down imo. He just saw the haircuts and supposed his life is unstable.

Leo_Messi

Juve wants 100M and I see Barto paying it, just because of the elections + a possible treble (that would be a killer manifesto, honestly)

And still, I think it's disrespectful to say Pogba has an unstable life. Even more when french medias compare him to Varane who is also very wise at his age: they don't drink, don't party.

Well I have always said so. In my eyes that's the main reason why he appointed Braida in the first place. Exactly due to his excellent ties with Marotta and the Juve board as a whole. Not to forget Pogba's agent (our favorite agent, lol) Raiola.

If Bartomeu is going to buy Pogba then Xavi will definitely leave for Qatar. That way most of Pogba's salary will be financed.

I can't see Pogba being willing to move to Man City (no matter how much they offer) and I believe that they are under some FFP restrictions too so they can't spend silly money. Same case with PSG.

That leaves us and RM really and RM does not need him at all while we need a midfielder.

It's a silly thing to say if you want to negotiate with his club and his inner circle but I am always cautious when it comes to such rumors. It does not strike me as something that Pérez would say. He is always a gentleman. Nor do I frankly believe that Pérez has any clue about Pogba's private life.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
People are always judging on things like haircuts. Apparently to be a classy player and person you have to be as boring as possible. Same thing happened to neymar and even now people have that wrong perception.

Alen

I just mentioned the most important information in that article. I also omitted mentioning that Pogba apparently asked Zidane to help him end up playing for RM.

I am starting to fear that Bartomeu might do everything in his power to make a deal with Juventus before the elections. Offering silly money in the process and even sacrificing Pedro in the process. :facepalm:

Correct. See my post or the article I posted. The point here is that this is just a silly excuse. In reality the last thing RM needs to do is to spend 100 million euros on Pogba when they arguably already have the best midfield in the world. A young one too at that. Only Modric is quickly approaching his 30th birthday.

On the other hand we are desperately in need of strengthening our midfield especially given Xavi's likely exit to Qatar of all places and Don Andrés' decline (overall) and somewhat advanced age.

If Barcelona pays 100M, they'll get him. And i believe they will. I also hope so quite honestly. There's no difference in paying 80M or 100M, and he's 22.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Psg will become irrelevant if one of Spain's big two make an offer. The question is does he prefer us or Real Madrid? if he's clever he'll pick us knowing he will be iniesta's replacement.

Leo_Messi

If Barcelona pays 100M, they'll get him. And i believe they will. I also hope so quite honestly. There's no difference in paying 80M or 100M, and he's 22.

Well, as I already wrote a few times then I have always believed that we were the favorites to sign him irrespective of our transfer ban. In fact that is the only hurdle that I see along with RM' renewing their interest in him which I see as unlikely. You never know with Pérez though. A great game by him on Wednesday and a CL exit and he might act. In Spain, especially among the big two, creating a new illusion by buying the next big thing on the market is almost a habit. Sometimes at the expense of the team chemistry and sometimes for no real reason. So many examples just in recent years. From both clubs that is.

My opinion in regards to the transfer is well-known. I think that 100 million euros is way to much for him. His rumored insane salary demands I cannot accept either. As a footballer though I am not against us buying him.

The ideal price would be something around 70-75 million euros at most. I would be willing to go as far as 80 million euros even.

What I fear is that we are going to offload a valuable player like Pedro in the process to finance the deal. I can't think of a more suited reserve for MSN.

Jair Ventura

CulturePSG mistranslated then.

Anyways, what we know about his life: http://www.culturepsg.com/news/mercato/le-real-madrid-ne-serait-plus-interesse-par-pogba

- he's religious
- Lived with his mother
- Doesn't like to party.

= Unstable life? Really?

It sounds actually heathy to me. A footballer should not party (look at what lavezzi has become), and being religious is not a problem at all either.

And come on, he lived with his mother/parents at 20yo, wow, what's the fucking problem with it?

Bertus, your article states something you disagree with:

PSG, Manchester City and Barcelona. According to AS, PSG has the means to pay the € 100M, unlike City attempting to add players in the deal to lower the total amount. Barça side, blocked the recruitment ban, we would buy this summer and then leave him on loan for one season in Turin, a hypothesis already seen in the Catalan newspapers.

Do they or dont they? Cause if they do they do, They'll land him.

Leo_Messi

The main question, if we manage to buy him which is far from unlikely, will be whether we loan him out until January 2016 and prevent him from playing in the CL (would Juve even accept something like that?) or loan him out for the entire season? The last thing is something that I could very well see Juve accepting. They would have little to lose if the deal is signed this summer. Pogba's price tag won't rise that much more in the span of 1 season and if he performs badly his value might even drop.

Hopefully that would mean that Xavi would stay. At least until January. That would correspondent well with the football season in Qatar which starts at that time.

All the dots are starting to make sense.

Psg will not even cross Pogba's mind if ourselves or madrid come for him.

Don't hurt the feelings of our resident deluded fanboy. The media have already reported that he has rejected PSG. Their only option now is to shower him with gold. That's how they get most of their players in the first place.

Jair Ventura

Psg will not even cross Pogba's mind if ourselves or madrid come for him.

Paris has already crossed his mind, been in negotiations with his handlers, discussed terms. Your opinion on the matter really isn't relevant.

Don't hurt the feelings of our resident deluded fanboy. The media have already reported that he has rejected PSG. Their only option now is to shower him with gold. That's how they get most of their players in the first place.

Such jealousy is disappointing.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Paris has already crossed his mind, been in negotiations with his handlers, discussed terms. Your opinion on the matter really isn't relevant.

Such jealousy is disappointing.

There's no jealousy, it's just being realistic. If he has any chance of joining either RM or Barca, he will wait for the offer. Every single player in his situation would do that.

Leo_Messi

There's no jealousy, it's just being realistic. If he has any chance of joining either RM or Barca, he will wait for the offer. Every single player in his situation would do that.

This but that guy is a special case based on previous discussions.

Last edited:

Bertus

Bertus, your article states something you disagree with:

Do they or dont they? Cause if they do they do, They'll land him.

They don't.

RMC, and L'Equipe's sources said PSG won't get 80M to spend, but only 60M - 10 or 12M (from aurier's transfer).

PSG can only spend 48-50M without selling.

That's why PSG is unlikely to sign Pogba.

I also just read that Le_Parisien was WRONG. PSG was really about to sign Depay for 30M (he signed with MU for 40M apparently), depay confirmed it himself during an interview, which means PSG is not really on Pogba. Or was not at least.

But I don't see them switching from Depay to Pogba, it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Alen

Well, as I already wrote a few times then I have always believed that we were the favorites to sign him irrespective of our transfer ban. In fact that is the only hurdle that I see along with RM' renewing their interest in him which I see as unlikely. You never know with Pérez though. A great game by him on Wednesday and a CL exit and he might act. In Spain, especially among the big two, creating a new illusion by buying the next big thing on the market is almost a habit. Sometimes at the expense of the team chemistry and sometimes for no real reason. So many examples just in recent years. From both clubs that is.

My opinion in regards to the transfer is well-known. I think that 100 million euros is way to much for him. His rumored insane salary demands I cannot accept either. As a footballer though I am not against us buying him.

The ideal price would be something around 70-75 million euros at most. I would be willing to go as far as 80 million euros even.

What I fear is that we are going to offload a valuable player like Pedro in the process to finance the deal. I can't think of a more suited reserve for MSN.

See, we don't set his price. Lots of rich people want him so he's worth whatever is paid for him. It's been a long time since the price of a player reflected his footballing ability. Or maybe it still does, there's just more money available now.
The market evolved so we have to evolve with it. Or we buy second rate players or some young talent and hope for the best.

Home of Barca Fans