Paul Pogba

Leo_Messi

See, we don't set his price. Lots of rich people want him so he's worth whatever is paid for him. It's been a long time since the price of a player reflected his footballing ability. Or maybe it still does, there's just more money available now.
The market evolved so we have to evolve with it. Or we buy second rate players or some young talent and hope for the best.

Of course we don't but I can very well be of the opinion that player x or y is not worth rumored price x or y. I already wrote novels previously in this thread not many days ago why I disagree with such a high price tag not to mention the insane wage demands that he apparently is demanding. That's not to say that Bartomeu and the real decision makers will be of the same opinion. They are likely not to be that.

You use a too simplistic logic. It's not like the only option out there is Pogba and it's not like if we did not buy him for 100 million euros we would be left with chasing scrubs.

What we will be willing to pay is something that depends on numerous factors. Mainly the sporting and financially aspect. Is Lucho even willing to use almost the entire budget on 1 player? H
ow would the board and the players react to his rumored wage demands that could very well disrupt the hierarchy and squad harmony etc.?
Are there better options out there for such a price? For instance Koke and Gündogan. Is Pogba the right player to strengthen our team with in the first place? A lot of questions.

Now Bartomeu, the remaining board and Lucho have probably already discussed those questions numerous times and now the "only" hurdle that might be left is us agreeing with Juventus on a transfer fee and how to deal with our transfer ban as explained in post 1377.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

They don't.

RMC, and L'Equipe's sources said PSG won't get 80M to spend, but only 60M - 10 or 12M (from aurier's transfer).

PSG can only spend 48-50M without selling.

That's why PSG is unlikely to sign Pogba.

I also just read that Le_Parisien was WRONG. PSG was really about to sign Depay for 30M (he signed with MU for 40M apparently),

Huh? Last I checked, it was 27.5 M €. Has that changed?

Alen

Of course we don't but I can very well be of the opinion that player x or y is not worth rumored price x or y. I already wrote novels previously in this thread not many days ago why I disagree with such a high price tag not to mention the insane wage demands that he apparently is demanding. That's not to say that Bartomeu and the real decision makers will be of the same opinion. They are likely not to be that.

You use a too simplistic logic. It's not like the only option out there is Pogba and it's not like if we did not buy him for 100 million euros we would be left with chasing scrubs.

What we will be willing to pay is something that depends on numerous factors. Mainly the sporting and financially aspect. Is Lucho even willing to use almost the entire budget on 1 player? H
ow would the board and the players react to his rumored wage demands that could very well disrupt the hierarchy and squad harmony etc.?
Are there better options out there for such a price? For instance Koke and Gündogan. Is Pogba the right player to strengthen our team with in the first place? A lot of questions.

Now Bartomeu, the remaining board and Lucho have probably already discussed those questions numerous times and now the "only" hurdle that might be left is us agreeing with Juventus on a transfer fee and how to deal with our transfer ban as explained in post 1377.

I agree with you, everyone agrees with you. All i'm saying is i also would be ok with us paying 100M for him.

Jair Ventura

There's no jealousy, it's just being realistic. If he has any chance of joining either RM or Barca, he will wait for the offer. Every single player in his situation would do that.

If this were true than Paris wouldn't have been able to put together the squad they have. But alas, it's happened.

barcaboy15

If this were true than Paris wouldn't have been able to put together the squad they have. But alas, it's happened.

I think Thiago Silva is the only player to have chosen PSG over Barca? Obviously the comment that every player would choose RM/Barca over Paris is nonsense, but you have to admit that the vast majority would...

Leo_Messi

I think Thiago Silva is the only player to have chosen PSG over Barca? Obviously the comment that every player would choose RM/Barca over Paris is nonsense, but you have to admit that the vast majority would...

Everyone and their dog knows this to be the case. Besides FCB and RM can only have at most 45 players in total in their two respective squads and all of them can obviously not be stars or be players that were bought from the outside. So sometimes highly valued players escape their wrath.

More often than not this is not the case.

That is if they really want those players.

I agree with you, everyone agrees with you. All i'm saying is i also would be ok with us paying 100M for him.

Fair enough. Our only disagreement is the rumored transfer fee then. I would at most pay 80 million euros for Pogba while you would be fine with us paying 100 million euros for him. In my eyes he is not worthy of such a high price tag yet by any means. Regardless of the current market being ridiculous or not.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

They don't.

RMC, and L'Equipe's sources said PSG won't get 80M to spend, but only 60M - 10 or 12M (from aurier's transfer).

PSG can only spend 48-50M without selling.

That's why PSG is unlikely to sign Pogba.

I also just read that Le_Parisien was WRONG. PSG was really about to sign Depay for 30M (he signed with MU for 40M apparently), depay confirmed it himself during an interview, which means PSG is not really on Pogba. Or was not at least.

But I don't see them switching from Depay to Pogba, it doesn't make any sense.

Man U paid 27.5 I think, not 40. Paris offered 30.

Pretty sure canal and l'equipe have reported a few times that Pogba is the priority for PSG's summer plans. I think they wanted Depay, but he wasn't a necessity. There were always alternatives(Anderson).

If PSG isn't after Pogba, they aren't after anyone as they only players they've scouted and been linked to are Dybala who they lost interest in, Depay whose off the market, Anderson whose an unknown at this point, and then Pogba.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

I think he might stay at Juve for another year then join Barca in the summer or Real once Modric is too old.

He will not join City. They can't afford it with FFP and he Still likes United despite leaving (He fell out with Ferguson, not the club).

I don't think he is a target for PSG as Bertus has said.

Bayern aren't interested and He won't rejoin United as we can't offer the trophies atm.

Chelsea prefers Koke.

Juve have done brilliantly this year and could reach a Cl final, so i think he will stay one more year then leave for Spain.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
juvens, psg has assembled a squad of young talents and getting to them before they were on rm or barca's radar. or they got plaers that wern't good enough or too old for rm or barca (thiago motta, ibra). thiago silva was not a target for rm or barca the season he signed for psg. if rm or barca went for any of those players they would not be at psg right now.

why would i be jealous of psg? they are a smaller club than barca. i'm not being arrogant but stating the truth that if one of the spanish big two come for a player then psg will take a back seat in the target player's plans.

Alen

Everyone and their dog knows this to be the case. Besides FCB and RM can only have at most 45 players in total in their two respective squads and all of them can obviously not be stars or be players that were bought from the outside. So sometimes highly valued players escape their wrath.

More often than not this is not the case.

That is if they really want those players.

Fair enough. Our only disagreement is the rumored transfer fee then. I would at most pay 80 million euros for Pogba while you would be fine with us paying 100 million euros for him. In my eyes he is not worthy of such a high price tag yet by any means. Regardless of the current market begin ridiculous or not.

We also agree on that :lol:

He's not even worth 80M for me. But that's his price, and i want him to play for us.

barcaboy15

juvens, psg has assembled a squad of young talents and getting to them before they were on rm or barca's radar. or they got plaers that wern't good enough or too old for rm or barca (thiago motta, ibra). thiago silva was not a target for rm or barca the season he signed for psg. if rm or barca went for any of those players they would not be at psg right now.

why would i be jealous of psg? they are a smaller club than barca. i'm not being arrogant but stating the truth that if one of the spanish big two come for a player then psg will take a back seat in the target player's plans.

Ah yeah, you're right. The year Milan sold Silva, we weren't interested. It was only the following summer that Barcelona tried to buy him.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

Who'd you beat us to? We weren't really after Marquinhos at Roma as we signed Neymar nor Thiago Silva when he was at Milan. I don't recall RM being after one of your players either before you signed them.

Leo_Messi

We also agree on that :lol:

He's not even worth 80M for me. But that's his price, and i want him to play for us.

Where the hell is the like button? We badly need it for this forum. Bojan, are you there?

He really is not. I would be surprised if his value was bigger than 60 million euros in the first place. According to Transfermarkt (they are no oracles of course but still a good source) for instance his value is around 60 million euros.

I can't think of a midfielder that is this hyped. Can anyone?

The "next Zidane" etc. I even read an article written by some American dude that claimed that he was a mixture of Vieira, Zidane and Henry. I kid you not.:lol:

Who'd you beat us to? We weren't really after Marquinhos at Roma as we signed Neymar nor Thiago Silva when he was at Milan. I don't recall RM being after one of your players either.

No. The interest in Marquinhos in the summer of 2013 was very limited while last summers rumors were constant throughout most of the summer. Same story with Thiago Silva.

Anyway those are our faults or should I rather say Zubinútil (sorry Zubi) and the scouts who were sleeping most of the time during their stint at the club. Hopefully we have learnt from those mistakes the hard way.

Last edited:

Alen

Where the hell is the like button? We badly need it for this forum. Bojan, are you there?

He really is not. I would be surprised if his value was bigger than 60 million euros in the first place. According to Transfermarkt (they are no oracles of course but still a good source) for instance his value is around 60 million euros.

I can't think of a midfielder that is this hyped. Can anyone?

The "next Zidane" etc. I even read an article written by some American dude that claimed that he was a mixture of Vieira, Zidane and Henry. I kid you not.:lol:

Well, as Zidane and Ronaldo said, the world lacks "crack" players. The standards are low nowadays.

Leo_Messi

Well, as Zidane and Ronaldo said, the world lacks "crack" players. The standards are low nowadays.

Either that or the total dominance of Messi (especially) and Ronaldo. Those two have set the bar very high. Everyone else than those 2, with a few exceptions, have looked like vastly inferior players. At least statistically. Maybe this has screwed our perception of what is a class player and what is not.

Their respective dominance (actually a total dominance) of the Ballon d'Or, Golden Ball and other awards is a testament to that.

It will be exciting to see who will replace them as their level drops due to age. I think that CR7 is going to decline rapidly in a not so distant future contrary to popular belief.

Home of Barca Fans