Paul Pogba

Alen

Either that or the total dominance of Messi (especially) and Ronaldo. Those two have set the bar very high. Everyone else than those 2, with a few exceptions, have looked like vastly inferior players. At least statistically. Maybe this has screwed our perception of what is a class player and what is not.

Their respective dominance (actually a total dominance) of the Ballon d'Or, Golden Ball and other awards is a testament to that.

It will be exciting to see who will replace them as their level drops due to age. I think that CR7 is going to decline rapidly in a not so distant future contrary to popular belief.

Yeah, that could be it. The decline of the Premier League, and especially the Serie A is not helping either.

Morten

Either that or the total dominance of Messi (especially) and Ronaldo. Those two have set the bar very high. Everyone else than those 2, with a few exceptions, have looked like vastly inferior players. At least statistically. Maybe this has screwed our perception of what is a class player and what is not.

Their respective dominance (actually a total dominance) of the Ballon d'Or, Golden Ball and other awards is a testament to that.

It will be exciting to see who will replace them as their level drops due to age. I think that CR7 is going to decline rapidly in a not so distant future contrary to popular belief.

On the individual level they will not be replaced this generation, Messi probably cant ever be replaced, i dont see Ronaldo be replaced in terms of consistentsy either. But those who lives will see.

F

Flavia

I believe barto will get pogba for 110m, if he can. He's desperate to win elections...
Money might not really be a problem, since there's a ban this summer and there was money left last summer. He also hired Braida for this, in all likelihood.

Don Andrésº8

I believe barto will get pogba for 110m, if he can. He's desperate to win elections...
Money might not really be a problem, since there's a ban this summer and there was money left last summer. He also hired Braida for this, in all likelihood.

mate he doesn't worth 110m, my opinion, we could buy verrati and gundogan with that money

F

Flavia

mate he doesn't worth 110m, my opinion, we could buy verrati and gundogan with that money
It's not a matter of worth, but that is the price juve is asking, and bartomeu wants to sign him. And no, we couldn't buy Verratti and gundogan with that money.

Leo_Messi

I think that 110 million euros outright might be too much, Flavia. The maximum that I can see us (Bartomeu) paying is 100 million euros. This and maybe Montoya as part of the deal as he is a player that the Juve board likes. Lichtsteiner is not getting younger but they might look for a better player though.

The question as described in post 1377 will be how to deal with our transfer ban in terms of when to incorporate him and the question of him being available in the CL or not for Juve during the autumn.

If Pogba really wants to move to us and wants out (I could see that happening regardless of Juve reaching, winning or losing the CL final) then I am quite sure that we would get him because as you wrote, Bartomeu is really desperate to buy him. How desperate we will find out.

Somehow I feel that we will regret this purchase. I hope that I will be wrong should we buy him this summer.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I think it was already said that Pogba won't be missing on UCL. Even if the deal with Barca goes through, It's 99 % certain that Pogba would play UCL group stages for Juventus,therefor not being able to play UCL in Barca when he comes in January transfer window or whatever. If Barca passes the groups,that is :neymar: .

Leo_Messi

I think it was already said that Pogba won't be missing on UCL. Even if the deal with Barca goes through, It's 99 % certain that Pogba would play UCL group stages for Juventus,therefor not being able to play UCL in Barca when he comes in January transfer window or whatever. If Barca passes the groups,that is :neymar: .

How is that "certain"? No way is that certain if Barça buys him. Do you really believe that the club would buy him this summer and then incorporate him in January 2016 if he cannot play in the CL? It would make no sense. In such a case he would be loaned out for the entire season like some rumors have pointed too as well.

It's not really that hard to include a clause in his contract that bans/prevents him from playing in the CL. Moreover Juve should be able to qualify from the group stages with or without Pogba.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
How is that "certain"? No way is that certain if Barça buys him. Do you really believe that the club would buy him this summer and then incorporate him in January 2016 if he cannot play in the CL? It would make no sense. In such a case he would be loaned out for the entire season like some rumors have pointed too as well.

It's not really that hard to include a clause in his contract that bans/prevents him from playing in the CL. Moreover Juve should be able to qualify from the group stages with or without Pogba.
I said that he won't be missing the UCL,him being loaned out for an entire year also means that he won't be missing UCL just like I said. And you're also wrong about the clause, UEFA wouldn't allow that kid of shit. Courtois was on loan at ATM from Chelsea and UEFA decided to allow him to play even thought Chelsea had a clause that Courtois can't play vs them. I think you're also wrong on your third point, it's not about Juventus being able or not being able to qualify from the group stages without Pogba. Do you think that a player of Pogba's quality wants to miss out on the UCL?

Home of Barca Fans