Paul Pogba

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I think it was already said that Pogba won't be missing on UCL. Even if the deal with Barca goes through, It's 99 % certain that Pogba would play UCL group stages for Juventus,therefor not being able to play UCL in Barca when he comes in January transfer window or whatever. If Barca passes the groups,that is :neymar: .

So let me get this straight, we pay 100M, Juve receives the money this summer, Juve still gets to play him until January on loan and we won't be able to play him in CL afterwards, that would be best deal for selling club ever and the most stupid deal for us, they'll have to include the clause for him not to play in CL.

Leo_Messi

I said that he won't be missing the UCL,him being loaned out for an entire year also means that he won't be missing UCL just like I said. And you're also wrong about the clause, UEFA wouldn't allow that kid of shit. Courtois was on loan at ATM from Chelsea and UEFA decided to allow him to play even thought Chelsea had a clause that Courtois can't play vs them. I think you're also wrong on your third point, it's not about Juventus being able or not being able to qualify from the group stages without Pogba. Do you think that a player of Pogba's quality wants to miss out on the UCL?

You are the one that is wrong. The case with Courtois has no connection to my example. UEFA cannot force Juventus to play Pogba in the CL.:lol:

Either a clause in the contract can be arranged or a gentlemen's agreement can be reached if such a clause is illegal which I highly doubt.
Pogba would be clever enough, should he move, to know that he won't be able to play in the knockout stages for his new club from January 2016 onwards (that season at least) should he play in the group stages for Juve against some scrubs mostly.

He won't miss out on the CL that season. He will miss 6 group stage games. On the other hand he will miss the entire knockout stage for his new club should he play in the group stages for Juve before his possible move in January 2016.

Knockout stage/pleasing new club>playing 6 group stage games against mostly scrubs in a group that Juve is likely to top or reach the second place in anyway.

One has to be stupid to choose the group stage in that example. A great way to impress your new employer as well. I would like to think that Pogba is smarter than that.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
You are the one that is wrong. The case with Courtois has no connection to my example. UEFA cannot force Juventus to play Pogba in the CL.:lol:

Either a clause in the contract can be arranged or a gentlemen agreement can be reached if such a clause is illegal which I doubt that it is.
Pogba would be clever enough, should he move, to know that he won't be able to play in the knockout stages for his new club from January 2016 onwards (that season at least) should he play in the group stages for Juve against some scrubs mostly.

He won't miss out on the CL that season. He will miss 6 group stage games. On the other hand he will miss the entire knockout stage for his new club should he play in the group stages for Juve before his possible move in January 2016.

Knockout stage/pleasing new club>playing 6 group stage games against mostly scrubs in a group that Juve is likely to top or reach the second place in anyway.

One has to be stupid to choose the group stage in that example. A great way to impress your new employer as well. I would like to think that Pogba is smarter than that.

I think the chances of him missing either of those are slim. It's either gonna be a 1 year loan or no deal imo.

Leo_Messi

I think the chances of him missing either of those are slim. It's either gonna be a 1 year loan or no deal imo.

That is something that indeed is possible and it has been mentioned by the local media too. On the other hand I would like to believe that Lucho would want midfield reinforcements as soon as he can (meaning January 2016 in our case due to the ban) as Xavi is leaving for Qatar according to almost all reputable local sources.

EMD posted it earlier today as well. That Xavi is off to Qatar (will apparently live in the house that Raúl lived in) and that he is likely to announce his decision before our Depor game.

I do believe that Pogba would join us in January and be able to play in the CL knockout stages though should we buy him this summer.

Another thing that I wrote earlier. If Bartomeu fails to buy him before the elections in July we are likely not to buy him at all IMO.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

More realistic then spending 110 million on a world class player that won't even be featured on your roster, and in fact will compete against you in the UCL all so you can make a play for the Frenchmen despite being banned from this summers transfer facilities.

But, if it keeps you all entertained, be my guest.

Just after buying Dybala, Felipe Anderson and signing a new 200 million euros a year sponsorship deal with the "royal" Qatari household. Banana will act as the public figure and thus figure on their shirts.

Too mad. :wave:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I can't see how PSG can afford Pogba. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw that as of last season, they were still in the red in their final balance, and I don't know if this is their second or third year of their FFP sanctions, but they need to start getting in the black or risk further sanctions.

They'd need to sell plenty of players to to break even by signing Pogba, and then, who replaces those players sold.

In any case, the way I see it, revamping that forward line is a thousand times more important for PSG than buying another midfielder.

Leo_Messi

2lc1d1l.jpg

Really mad.:nasser:

Jair Ventura

I can't see how PSG can afford Pogba.

Selling Lavezzi, Cabaye, Digne, VDW or any number of second team players. Selling Cavani.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw that as of last season, they were still in the red in their final balance, and I don't know if this is their second or third year of their FFP sanctions, but they need to start getting in the black or risk further sanctions.

Paris is operating in the green and comes out of FFP next season.

They'd need to sell plenty of players to to break even by signing Pogba, and then, who replaces those players sold.

They could sell Cavani and then slot Pastore into the LW spot, which he plays regularly anyways. Lucas will play opposite, Ibra in the middle.

In any case, the way I see it, revamping that forward line is a thousand times more important for PSG than buying another midfielder.

It'd be nice to add depth, but Paris doesn't really need to revamp their front line. Should they lose Cavani; Lucas, Pastore, Beheback, and wonderkid Jean Kevin Agustine are all sub 25.

you're right. every big club in europe wishes they were psg.

This comment literally has nothing to do with my statement towards you.

Really mad.:nasser:

Al Thani seems to have inspired Pogba's style:

Yup, well I can bet none of us will be mad when all these rich guys get tired of their playthings.

I can bet you'll go mad waiting for that to happen.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Why would anybody be mad or jealous about PSG ? Barca and RM are clubs who are much bigger than PSG will ever be and they have a thing called tradition.

Home of Barca Fans