Paul Pogba

Jair Ventura

Why would anybody be mad or jealous about PSG ? Barca and RM are clubs who are much bigger than PSG will ever be and they have a thing called tradition.

Really, it's a joke aimed at Leo because he's bothered by PSG's finances, but I'm beginning to find truth in it given how literal it's taken and how adamantly it's responded to.

Exactly... I'll take history, tradition and passion over bottomless pits of money any day.

If this were true there wouldn't be FFP, and Paris wouldn't be superior to clubs such as Liverpool and AC Milan. But, alas...

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Why would anybody be mad or jealous about PSG ? Barca and RM are clubs who are much bigger than PSG will ever be and they have a thing called tradition.

You're wrong. Playing for PSG is the absolute pinnacle of world football. Barca and RM don't compare.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
psg aren't even sucessful, we literally just destroyed them a few weeks ago. there really is nothing to be mad about.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Selling Lavezzi, Cabaye, Digne, VDW or any number of second team players. Selling Cavani.
Paris is operating in the green and comes out of FFP next season.
They could sell Cavani and then slot Pastore into the LW spot, which he plays regularly anyways. Lucas will play opposite, Ibra in the middle.
It'd be nice to add depth, but Paris doesn't really need to revamp their front line. Should they lose Cavani; Lucas, Pastore, Beheback, and wonderkid Jean Kevin Agustine are all sub 25.

None of those players except Cavani will fetch a big transfer fee and like I said, you sell half your team to afford Pogba and weaken other positions and wreck your depth.

As to the financials, I'm pretty sure I read as of PSG latest accountings they were still operating in the red, with negative balance of €15M or so. But like I said, I wasn't sure and am by no means an authority on PSG, if you say they're already in the black, then I believe you.

I disagree about PSG not needing to revamp the frontline though. That's your weakest unit. How much longer are you going to depend on 33 year old Zlatan? Cavani's been a disappointment too. I'd look to get younger there before anything else.

Leo_Messi

Really, it's a joke aimed at Leo because he's bothered by PSG's finances, but I'm beginning to find truth in it given how literal it's taken and how adamantly it's responded to.

If this were true there wouldn't be FFP, and Paris wouldn't be superior to clubs such as Liverpool and AC Milan. But, alas...

I am not "mad" because of PSG's finances (read Qatar's oil and gas) as PSG is not a threat to FCB (at most on the long run) nor has PSG ever managed to kick my club out of the CL since the Qatari's took over.

Pogba might be one of those European Muslims that thinks he is an Arab because he wears an keffiyeh. For your information that kind of keffiyeh is not really worn in Qatar that often. A plain white one is preferred like in most Gulf countries outside of KSA and Oman.

Anyway I am by principal against oil clubs and the way that they conduct their business. I have little respect for their new fans from abroad as well.

I do like Paris as a city though and I also like many of PSG's players and I respect their local fanbase. They tend to be less delusional than the new arrivals from abroad. I hope that you get what I am alluding to here. It is even evident on this forum when comparing a certain other PSG fan here with your conduct. His username starts with b and ends with s.

Jair Ventura

I would rather win nothing than buy all my success, that's for sure.

Nothing is exactly what you'll win without sufficient investment, which is why every successful club purchases their success. Be that through a benefactor, unequal revenue distribution, or "royal" favors.

I am not "mad" because of PSG's finances (read Qatar's oil and gas) as PSG is not a threat to FCB (at most on the long run) nor has PSG ever managed to kick my club out of the CL since the Qatari's took over.

Pogba might be one of those European Muslims that think that he is an Arab because he wears an keffiyeh. For your information that kind of keffiyeh is not really worn in Qatar that often. A plain white one is preferred like in most Gulf countries outside of KSA and Oman.

Anyway I am by principal against oil clubs and the way they conduct their business.

This is why I say Leo is upset. He wears it on his sleeve.

None of those players except Cavani will fetch a big transfer fee and like I said, you sell half your team to afford Pogba and weaken other positions and wreck your depth.

Selling Cabaye, Lavezzi, and Digne alone would net around 35m, pushing PSG's spending limit to 84m. Or, they could push Cavani for 40-50m as has been reported from Italy(contingent upon a Tevez extension) and earn that in one fell swoop.

I'm not suggesting any of this will happen, that it's necessary or otherwise. Just that, PSG has options if they want to buy. They wouldn't be pursuing him if they didn't have a plan to fit him into the budget.

I disagree about PSG not needing to revamp the frontline though. That's your weakest unit. How much longer are you going to depend on 33 year old Zlatan? Cavani's been a disappointment too. I'd look to get younger there before anything else.

I don't know to be honest. Ibra is still performing, and Cavani though a disappointment has really picked it up lately. On the other hand Pastore and Lucas have emerged as awesome attacking options this season, outperforming the veteran duo in many instances. Next season they'll start playing the wonder kid JKA, and they still have Baheback.

they have five european cups and one as recently as 2013.

So, two years ago they were successful, but not today. Same applies to practically everyone in football except two or three clubs it appears.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
psg have never been successful so there is nothing to be jealous of. top clubs have european cups in their trophy cabinets.

using your logic anyone who isn't the current european champion isn't successful.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
not all muslims have arabic names, but i was surprised to hear that - there doesn't seem to be any proof for what his religion is.

i think it's based off the way he prays before the game starts. making a prayer with your two hands together and faced to you while looking down at your hands is the way most muslims do it. christians usually put their palms together or point their fingers in the air and look up to the sky.

Jair Ventura

Juvens, let me explain my antipathy against the owners of those oil clubs a bit more.

Imagine a family dynasty for instance that was founded decades (sometimes centuries ago) and whose success is down to the hard work of generations of generations within that firm/family dynasty etc.

In return you can have criminals such as Abramovich whose wealth was stolen (like almost all the wealth of all the other Russian oligarchs) in the 1990's while ordinary Russian suffered, so-called "royal" families whose relevance and wealth is down to Europeans/Westerners giving them knowledge of what is beneath their sand and who are absolute monarchs and dictators who basically rule their own fiefdoms in the 21st century.

Those same people have now bought up random clubs in Europe and turned them into personal toys while causing a lot of inflation on the transfer market.

Another example. You have a hard-working person who starts from the button with nothing and becomes successful due to his hard work and then you have a rich kid who achieves the same only because of inheritance that he has not contributed to at all.

Which one would you respect the most?

Leo, with respect, I truly do not care. Not interested in that conversation in the slightest.

using your logic anyone who isn't the current european champion isn't successful.

You're mistaken, that's your logic. It was your statement.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
So, two years ago they were successful, but not today. Same applies to practically everyone in football except two or three clubs it appears.

What kind of logic is that? They won the Treble two seasons ago. The double last year and the league this year. They've reached the CL semis as the minimum for a couple of seasons in a row now. Of course they're successful.

Home of Barca Fans