Pedro Rodriguez

Trequartista

The good
Not a good game today for him,think he shall be rotated more as Alexis and Villa showed they at least deserve as minutes as him this year,Not hus biggest fan really but Get Tito's point as he us the best partner you can pair with Messi in attack and he will be happy with his role in the team but like I said shall be rotated more imo

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Poor show today, looked destined to score from that crossfield pass from Sanchez but just couldn't do it. :(

Most likely would have buried it if he were playing for Spain...

Vapor

Bad game, it happens to all of us. However, Pedro's stellar form at the beginning of the season has taken a noticable dip in the past month or 2 or so, for sure. And on top of that he's still having trouble knocking in the goals.

What I notice about Pedro when he's out there... is that he's never looking threatening on goal. What I mean is... unlike an Eto'o, or an Ibra, or an Henry... you don't see Pedro's intent always looking on beating his defender, making a run for a great pass or opening himself up for a run towards the goal and looking to score... that kind of forward instinct is virtually wholly absent from his game most of the time I notice. He's just kind of running around up front, "creating space", playing balls etc. But really, I still maintain that as a forward, his most important job is to get the ball from the midfield to the back of the net.

I think he, as well as Alexis, should focus A LOT less on playing it safe (Read: mediocre) and always passing it back, and start CREATING danger and havoc going towards goal. With pure willful intent... fearlessly. Delofeu already shows MUCH more of that aggressiveness and attack-mindedness. Fabregas and Iniesta both show a lot more of it than Pedro and Alexis do and they're primarily "midfielders". It's almost as if they're afraid of attacking... they don't have the intent and the courage. So when it comes to their main job- scoring - they're useless, as they're track record shows.

Delofeu, Cuenca, Fabregas, Villa, and even Tello show a lot more attack-mindedness, confidence, aggressiveness and skill when it comes to ATTACKING the goal and trying to put the ball in the net than Pedro + Alexis. This is why I would honestly much rather see Villa on the left, Messi center and Delo/Cuenca (or Tello) on the right. Those two are incredibly dangerous and in my mind I feel our attack is much stronger and more creative with them attacking the net. I honestly can't remember the last time I got the feeling of "we are dangerous up front now" with Pedro or Alexis up there. But I always do with Villa, Fabregas and the rest that I mentioned.

I love Pedro, I know he has that killer instinct somewhere there within him... he just needs to rediscover it. I don't know how the coaching staff or anyone else can pull that lion courage and abandon that someone like Delo has out of him, but I think that is what he needs the most. That and a re-orientation from "play it safe" to "be a dangerous fucking jungle cat constantly stalking and looking to pounce the goal". That is the type of mindset Messi has, which is why he is so damn effective. Same like how Falcao is. The rest of our forwards (Pedro+Alexis mainly) need more of that. Once we have 3 players with that deadly finishing mentality rather than 1, we will be unstoppable. Even if our defense continues having lapses, having Messi + Villa + another deadly, creative, ATTACK-minded striker up front will almost guarantee us bucketloads of goals... especially when being backed by the likes of Iniesta Fabregas and Xavi.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a reminder how much of this game is mental...We're so accustomed to seeing the Barcelona players play at such a consistently high level that when they don't, it's glaringly out of place...Meanwhile, even more remarkable is that Messi continues to crush everything

Leo, playing with mere mortals

hellsangel1

He's lost his confidence in front of goal and you can clearly see that. Even when he's not scoring, Pedro has been good in build-up play and making space for Messi and others. He doesn't slow the game down when the ball touches his feet. However, in this game he was not good in any aspect. this was definitely the worst game that i've seen from him this season and you can see his lack of confidence in front of goal. I think if he bags in a couple of goals, we will see him playing better for us and being more clinical and decisive.

Garrus

I honestly never cared about the goals thing, As long as he gives his all best and helps the team, i'll be more than fine, But now he can't even help the team in any way, In the 2nd half, Betis honestly were playing against 10 players, He turned into a ghost, A burden.
I thanked god when tito substituted him, If he hadn't, Betis would have equalized without a doubt

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Hope he bags a couple of goals tonight to get his confidence back, such a vital player in the squad and it is really important he gets his confidence back, the sooner the better for Pedro!

Home of Barca Fans